Bill Stroud

Rico

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great interview with Bill by Tor Lowry on his Patreon segment. Some might not realize how good Bill played.Thanks Tor.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great interview with Bill by Tor Lowry on his Patreon segment. Some might not realize how good Bill played.Thanks Tor.
I only saw him play once back in '87-ish. He played one of the better 1p players in town and ran over him. Loved to have seen him in his prime days.

Rico

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was mistaken about Patreon you can see the interview on Zero-X -Billiards

ColoDC

Registered
Billy Stroud

I had the pleasure playing with Billy in 1981 on a BCA team. I had to sub for him later that year at the BCA nationals,because of his expanding cue business. His attention to detail both on the table and in building cues made him an excellent player. I was lucky to have had him as a friend for several years. I will alway own my first JW. Thank you Billy you will be missed.

Tommy-D

World's best B player...
Silver Member
The only video I saw of him was on a Bigtruck stream where he beat Joey Gray on a 7' Diamond at a tournament somewhere. Tommy D.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member

Billy was a top hustler before he began making cues. He was probably one of the best players in Texas for the cash and he liked to bet it up. One of the few guys who beat me playing 9-Ball Banks. That was my road game!

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
The only video I saw of him was on a Bigtruck stream where he beat Joey Gray on a 7' Diamond at a tournament somewhere. Tommy D.

He beat Joey Gray in the Oklahoma State Bar Table championships in approx 2012, if memory serves me.
He was already over seventy years old, coming off some terrible health issues that affected his vision.

I also saw him on the stream. He couldn’t pocket balls like Joey, but he could still move really well. Foxy, even at 9-ball on a bar box.

He played at a high level his entire life, since he was a mid-teenager onwards.

Will Prout

Last edited:

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
He beat Joey Gray in the Oklahoma State Bar Table championships in approx 2012, if memory serves me.
He was already over seventy years old, coming off some terrible health issues that affected his vision.

I also saw him on the stream. He couldn’t pocket balls like Joey, but he could still move really well. Foxy, even at 9-ball on a bar box.

He played at a high level his entire life, since he was a mid-teenager onwards.

Will Prout

1999 Tulsa, Ok.
Leonard Bludworth had a cue show / 1 P Tourney @ Magoo's ….
Billy was there- He rolled over everyone in the tourney,
Even Mike Betts-
Who I really thought would of won
Billy played great.
I always enjoyed talking cues with him too