Alex Olinger vs. Johnny Morra race to 100 bbox 8ball score updates

Charlie Hustle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Final day 1 score ?

35-30 John. The day started with Alex playing almost perfectly. At one point the score was 14-6, but John hung in there and took the lead at 19-18. From there it was mostly John, with Alex playing catch up. John has scratched in the side at least 5-6 times on his break, and I feel that has kept the score close towards the end. He could be up 10 racks if it weren't for the continuous scratching on the break and giving Alex BIH.

pvc lou

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
35-30 John. The day started with Alex playing almost perfectly. At one point the score was 14-6, but John hung in there and took the lead at 19-18. From there it was mostly John, with Alex playing catch up. John has scratched in the side at least 5-6 times on his break, and I feel that has kept the score close towards the end. He could be up 10 racks if it weren't for the continuous scratching on the break and giving Alex BIH.

Is this winner breaks, and are runs mostly ending with dry breaks or missed balls ?

Has there been much safety play ?

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
More impressive than Mickey Mantle?

Mkay.

Analogy gone wrong :)

Okay, more impressive than the next best switch hitter(s)....

Pete Rose
Chipper Jones
Eddie Murray
Robbie Alomar

Ummm.... better than the 177th best switch hitter....

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
Analogy gone wrong :)

Okay, more impressive than the next best switch hitter(s)....

Pete Rose
Chipper Jones
Eddie Murray
Robbie Alomar

Ummm.... better than the 177th best switch hitter....

Remember switch-hitters only Bat sometimes with opposite side. They still throw and field with their conventional sides. A close analog would be Tennis.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Remember switch-hitters only Bat sometimes with opposite side. They still throw and field with their conventional sides. A close analog would be Tennis.

i know nadal is supposedly right handed but plays leftie, but he never had a right handed career so to speak. i don't know of any successful switchers in tennis

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
I'm right handed and play left (left eye dominant). When i first picked up a cue at about 12 it just felt natural that way. Can't play at all right handed. Strange thing is when I use a mechanical bridge I play right handed and can't play left. I know only of Mike Sigel who also plays that way (not sure about what he does with the rake.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Pro Snooker players are quite amazing in this area. The rake makes em feel ''right on top'' of a shot at times. Very seldom do you see them miss when the rake is used on a 12' table.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I'm right handed and play left (left eye dominant). When i first picked up a cue at about 12 it just felt natural that way. Can't play at all right handed. Strange thing is when I use a mechanical bridge I play right handed and can't play left. I know only of Mike Sigel who also plays that way (not sure about what he does with the rake.

Our best Canuck snooker player, Cliff Thorburn, is a lefty...plays right.

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
Pro Snooker players are quite amazing in this area. The rake makes em feel ''right on top'' of a shot at times. Very seldom do you see them miss when the rake is used on a 12' table.

When you are 5-8 and growing up playing snooker you make it your friend or take up bowling.

I have to admit giggling when I’m stateside and they look at me like a freak when I draw the ball four feet with the rake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member

I’m left handed but play right handed, right eye dominant. And when I use the bridge I just naturally need to use my left hand lol. I always thought it was odd too. We’re opposites. But I can play fairly well left handed, and whenever a shot requires either going behind the back or left handed it just feels totally natural to shoot lefty.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I’m left handed but play right handed, right eye dominant. And when I use the bridge I just naturally need to use my left hand lol. I always thought it was odd too. We’re opposites. But I can play fairly well left handed, and whenever a shot requires either going behind the back or left handed it just feels totally natural to shoot lefty.

I just read about the ultimate switch hitter, as far as I’m concerned.

Cicero Murphy was playing straight pool, years ago...right handed...
...he couldn’t reach a shot, so he shot it left-handed....
...seven racks later, he went to put powder on his bridge hand....
...realized he hadn’t switched back to right.

:shrug::indecisive::indecisive::bow-down:

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just read about the ultimate switch hitter, as far as I’m concerned.

Cicero Murphy was playing straight pool, years ago...right handed...
...he couldn’t reach a shot, so he shot it left-handed....
...seven racks later, he went to put powder on his bridge hand....
...realized he hadn’t switched back to right.

:shrug::indecisive::indecisive::bow-down:

I have a hard time scratching my butt left handed. For the thousands and thousands of hours I spent on a pool table, I regret not learning to play a bit with my left hand.

Charlie Hustle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has anyone else noticed that Larry doesn't let anyone else talk in the booth? He is a good commentator when he is alone, but not very respectful when someone else is in there with him. There have been multiple times that Ray is trying to tell a story, or break down the current layout, and Larry just blatantly cuts him off! 😡