Give me 3 reputable Aramith dealers

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Here's my new Tournament 12 ball that caught a nail from a wayward installer before I could pull it. Got to use my new macro extension tube. No white. Aramith does sell individual replacement balls FYI.

Attachments

• pool ball.JPG
    pool ball.JPG
    102 KB · Views: 203
Last edited:

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Last year I bought a set of Aramith Tournament balls and they did not hold up to their reputation. I had a brand new Valley Panther 8' Home Edition table and the balls were occasionally showing up with scratches. After months of frustration I had the cloth changed to Simonis and, when we had the slate lifted, we found a partially exposed staple in the gulley that was the culprit. Having that corrected, my balls still show up with occasional scuffs and mild scratches.
My problem is, some of the deeper scratches show white under the surface and true Aramith Tournaments are completely molded with the same color, not just clored on the surface. (Besides the white stripes and black numbers). On a 2 ball, if it sustains a deep scratch, the inside of the scratch should be blue, not white.
Now, I don't want to name the dealer I bought the balls from because I don't know if the balls were substituted prior to his receiving the balls from whoever he gets them from.

So I want to try a different dealer to purchase another set and am looking for suggestions.

If money is an object, many times someone has a nice used set for sale. Also you might check prices at Muellers aka www.poolndarts.com.

E-bay also has many reputable seller of Pool Balls.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Call Mark Estes in Las Vegas NV. I've known the man since I got em hooked on pool in Colorado Springs at the first Pinkies in the 70's. Good for his word, and tell em I sent yah. He worked for Bobby Goad and managed the last Pinkies in Vegas till it closed, and ran many Pinkies before that. Great man, a single father, and he can play. But as with any good business man, his hours are spent working instead of playing. Google em. His shop is roughly 4-5 miles east of the strip on the s. end.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To Rick,

Any chance you can show a pic of the scratch, and compare it to Tate's?

Also, does anyone know for sure if counterfeit Tournaments are out? I haven't seen them, but it would not surprise me. Usually the counterfeits you can tell from the font they are not the same, but maybe they copied that perfectly too?

For reputable dealers, I like Seyberts and JoeRackEm on ebay.

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
An Aramith ball is an Aramith ball.
Apparently you do not have Aramith's.
Aramith has a web site.
Look it over.
Ask Aramith who in the United States is a certified dealer.
There are many I am sure.
Aramith is pretty much the gold standard.

https://www.aramith.com

SpiderWeb

iisgone@yahoo.com
Silver Member
I know red billiard balls get lighter about 3/8" from the edge. I made a few solid purple heart cues with billiard ball joint, butt and ferrule. They were two tone but the show went on.
Korea also makes billiard balls that are nice. They also make pool balls that look good.

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
An Aramith ball is an Aramith ball.
Apparently you do not have Aramith's.
Aramith has a web site.
Look it over.
Ask Aramith who in the United States is a certified dealer.
There are many I am sure.
Aramith is pretty much the gold standard.

https://www.aramith.com

I probably know the Aramith site better than anybody. I paid over $350 for the Tournaments from ______. The box, the cardboard base at the bottom, the manual, the cleaning cloth all say "Aramith". Again, my suspicion was whether the balls were switched prior to my receiving them with counterfeits. Somebody mentioned the balls being plastic wrapped and mine were not.

When I get a chance I'll take some photos.

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Sorry for the poor quality. In the third photo, to the bottom left of the ceiling light reflection, you can see a scratch and the inside of the scratch is white. I would expect it to be blue as the 2 ball is solid blue molded phenolic with the exception of the numbers and their backgrounds.

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
If I had the misfortune of getting a bad batch of balls I could probably live with that. Sh*t happens.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
They look 100% real to me.

I wonder if the white is residue from whatever caused it, or compressed resin as Ideologist suggested? Even on mine, the breakout portion is not the same as the surface because it's not polished. You can buy a replacement ball on the Aramith website $25 but the shipping is $20. I think if you buy 3 you get free shipping. I'm buying a couple myself.

I'm removing all nails from the pockets tonight and fastening them with thin Velcro strips instead.

Last edited:

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To Rick, your set also looks real to me. I have the same set (but never played with it...). I believe it was Bob a few posts back who mentioned the shrink-wrapping. The individual balls are not shrink-wrapped. Only the entire box. And now that I write this, I don't recall at all if my box was shrink-wrapped. When I bought the set a few years ago, I opened it just to look at the balls, but then closed it and never touched again. So I forgot if it had shrink-wrap on the outside or not.

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
balls

You could have melted the surface or caught something in there. They don't look fake, cut one in half and you'll see it is solid color throughout.

Good thing you didn't name the dealer, this is 100% Operator Error

_

exactly !00%

Rob.M