π—₯π—’π—•π—œπ—‘π—¦π—’π—‘ π—–π—’π— π—£π—Ÿπ—˜π—§π—˜π—¦ π—§π—˜π—”π—  𝗨𝗦𝗔

benjaminwah

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
May not have points earning tournaments but we still have these one on one events. Shouldn't those be acknowledged? If they truly want to have the very best why would they ignore them?

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
Based on skill levels, Tyler and Chris are very close, as indicated by their Fargo Ratings of 755 vs 742, respectively.

Therefore, I take it that JJ used some other factor when choosing Chris. Maybe a less tangible factor like team chemistry, or wanting to give a different young player a chance to see how they will perform under those specific conditions and stresses. Giving a new, young player the experience of playing under those conditions will expand the pool of available players to use into the future.

_______

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
Except one huge difference.

Tyler has been there.

Based on skill levels, Tyler and Chris are very close, as indicated by their Fargo Ratings of 755 vs 742, respectively.

Therefore, I take it that JJ used some other factor when choosing Chris. Maybe a less tangible factor like team chemistry, or wanting to give a different young player a chance to see how they will perform under those specific conditions and stresses. Giving a new, young player the experience of playing under those conditions will expand the pool of available players to use into the future.

_______

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
this is so wrong. there have been no tournaments, so none of those players are technically qualified. the only fair thing to do is to scrap the team and instead go with:

- earl strickland
- mike dechaine
- danny harriman
- john schmidt
- dennis hatch

and since i expect the moscow training camp is off the schedule it's only fair they get to settle down in london two weeks ahead of the cup for team building and working on their game. in my experience team building is enhanced by sharing the same room. bunk beds and the like.

zat is mein best advize vor you, meine freunde..

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
this is so wrong. there have been no tournaments, so none of those players are technically qualified. the only fair thing to do is to scrap the team and instead go with:

- earl strickland
- mike dechaine
- danny harriman
- john schmidt
- dennis hatch

and since i expect the moscow training camp is off the schedule it's only fair they get to settle down in london two weeks ahead of the cup for team building and working on their game. in my experience team building is enhanced by sharing the same room. bunk beds and the like.

zat is mein best advize vor you, meine freunde..

You put those guys together it will be a show.

Team anger management;)

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SVB- 37
Thorpe- 24
Sky- 27
Iceberg- 33
Robinson- 22
Avg. Age for Team USA =28.6

Pretty young team. I wonder how it compares historically. Also wonder how Styer is taking it not making the team after the last two years.
I'd take Styer over any new blood. He was pretty steady.

It's crazy to me we can't pull from a bigger field. The state of pool in the USA is not great.

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guess Dechaine and Oscar are no longer considered because they don't play full time? I'd take both of them over Styer or Robinson.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guess Dechaine and Oscar are no longer considered because they don't play full time? I'd take both of them over Styer or Robinson.

Robinson is #40 on Fargo-Worst choice in USA MC in the last 12 years. Filler can give him the 6 out

Last edited:

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Robinson is #40 on Fargo-Worst choice in USA MC in the last 12 years. Filler can give him the 6 out
It’s quite sad the available pool of top American Professional Players to choose from for the US team drops off so dramatically after the first three or four. There is no doubt that if Siming Chen was American, she would be on the team.

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
Except one huge difference.

Tyler has been there.

Don't get me wrong. I would have picked Tyler myself. But technically their skill levels are very close. Giving one more young guy some experience playing in that environment means that the USA will have more players with that type of experience in the future if one of the "regulars" can't make it one year for whatever reason.

_______

tableroll

Rolling Thunder
Silver Member
I think they saw something in Styer that he needs to work on. He will be back but sometimes rejection can be a real motivator. I think Styer will work on whatever his weakness is. Believe me, he has been told what they are. Now he gets down to work it out.

krelldog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They just won with Tyler Styer....who is significantly better than Chris Robinson.--and Chris Robinson gets the spot.

So if Chris were gambling with any of the following --how much of a spot would he need to keep it close ?
Oscar ?
Archer ?
Styer ?
Morris ?
Dechaine ?
Hatch ?

He's a nice young man with loads of potential, but this is a horrible pick.

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
The way I see it, I agree that Tyler needed to be replaced, but do not agree that Chris was the appropriate replacement choice. My choice would be whoever out of the top nine US players per Fargo ratings (link below) has the best combination of how well they gel and get along with the other four players, how well they are currently playing, and the amount of contagious passion and drive they have for winning and seeing their teammates winning. I don't have enough up to date inside information to know who that would currently be, but I am almost certain with all the above criteria only three choices at most would really even be in consideration.
https://fargorate.com/top-ten-lists