Dennis O vs Bergman

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I missed the end but Dennis was in charge when I left with an 8 game lead. This was moving along very fast, Dennis making spectacular shots, tough banks and ridiculous combos. Looked like he was freewheeling. Not really that much safety play. Well worth watching, I enjoyed it. They are getting out on most tables, the congestion isn't an issue. Looked like Dennis could have taken off even more. Justin's was playing fine, not breaking great, but Dennis was godly at times.
I'm not able to watch. The stream wants a password so I ender that then a few minutes laters says ii need a 2 factor auth code. 30 minutes I get a new passpordv and Al said that would work.
I turned it off.
What's the score now?

LHP5

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It’s over. 60-41 Dennis. Truthfully this probably should of been Dennis by 23-25 games. He started hitting everything with 3 rail shape at the end. Totally free wheeling.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
It’s over. 60-41 Dennis. Truthfully this probably should of been Dennis by 23-25 games. He started hitting everything with 3 rail shape at the end. Totally free wheeling.

I also thought he was stalling a bit last night. He missed two shots there is no way he misses. And I normally don't think that way, but he was clearly dominating.

Next up; Shane? I think Shane and Dennis on a barbox is a good match.

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
was the match winner break?
Yessir.

Orcullo was definitely playing free fast and loose. It was fun to watch for me. For Justin, not so much. Justin never looked comfortable either day. Oh well, it's not like he can win em all. Can't wait for the next one! Really well played by Orcullo, congrats.

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yessir.

Orcullo was definitely playing free fast and loose. It was fun to watch for me. For Justin, not so much. Justin never looked comfortable either day. Oh well, it's not like he can win em all. Can't wait for the next one! Really well played by Orcullo, congrats.

check, 'preciate the recapulation
sounds like both you and dennis enjoyed ^_^

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
1p Dennis vs Filler

I don't think Josh Filler is quite ready for Dennis (or Alex) at either one pocket or bank pool. Roberto Gomez, Danny Smith, Scott Frost, Corey Deuel or Billy Thorpe might be wiser matchups at one pocket for Josh right now as he continues to advance his pedigree.

That said, Filler's got more gamble in him than any player of recent times other than JL Chang, and Josh has been willing to get into some very difficult games, playing the game of his opponent's choice, to advance his pedigree. It's a big part of how he got so good so fast at all the games.

Safe to assume that Filler won't bark at Dennis (or Alex) for a one pocket matchup, but if they bark at him you never know.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On a nine footer, Dennis -5

On a seven footer, Bergman -3

9 footer, Dennis -8 to -10
Barbox. Dennis -5

On the contrary, the straighter shooter's advantage is reduced on a small table. FYI, Corey Deuel drilled Josh Filler in a race to 30 at Derby City in 2019 playing 8-ball on a bar table.

Sorry I forgot to get back to this thread, forgot all about this match. I know the standard opinion is when two players are on a 9 foot table and one claerly has an edge (Dennis in this case), the edge would be diminished somewhat on a 7 foot table. (or anything to make the game easier, such as looser pockets, faster cloth, etc).

I have always felt the opposite. That if you are the weaker player, you want the toughest conditions to increase your chances of an upset, and if you are the stronger player, you want the easiest conditions to increase your chances of an even larger margin of victory.

Yes, on an easier table (smaller, brand new cloth, brand new balls, perfect rolling, perfect humidity level, magic rack, etc), the weaker player will play better. But, the stronger player will also play better, and he might just run out the whole set on you.

Now that this is over, and Dennis won convincingly, I wonder if AtLarge or Mike Page can add up their most recent matches on a 9' table until the score is winner 60, loser x, and see how they compare to this match.

We could also look up their fargo and do the comparison for 60 games. That data comes from all games, but probably 95% of it is on 9'.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fargo predicted the score should be 60-51. Score was 60-41. A significant under-performance according to the rating of 793.

Bergman Orcullo Fargo.png

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
Under-performance is correct. The parts I watched, you could see in the body language who was going to win the match. Even when it was tied 3-3 on day one. At least thats how it looked to me anyway.

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Saw couple racks of the match between Orcollo and Bergman, bar table is a joke for players of this caliber.

It is crazy to see the difference between a good amateur
on the bar tables (700ish) vs. watching a guy like Dennis.
Just free rollin, cueball weaved perfectly around the
congestion, land it on a dime, ob ball right in the center of the hole.

It may be too easy for them but I enjoy watching it.

benny-the-blade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Now Hennessee will try to take down Dennis in bar table 10 ball.

They are racing to 50 this Thursday night. Jonathan is getting 10 games on the wire.