Richie Richeson vs. Scott Frost

miscrewed89

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When Scott originally called out Richie to play this match, it was to be played at Buffalo's. Now, for some reason, they are playing at Lacy's where spectators will be charged $20/seat/day. Richie is a smoker. Lacy's is a nonsmoking establishment which means the match will be delayed several times a day for smoke breaks, stretching out this 8 ahead match for who knows how long! I'm assuming that if someone chooses to stand and watch that will be free but the bigger issue to me is how did this turn into an exhibition to profit Lacy's? Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Lacy's. It just seems "someone" jumped in and meddled in this money match, stealing it from Buffalo's. It makes me wonder if the match will even be on the level and not just an exhibition to draw spectators to spend money!
I will more than likely still go and pay the $20 to sit down while I watch and even spend a few bucks on something to eat and drink, but it will still bother me how it turned into this...

trustyrusty

I'm better with a wedge!
Silver Member
When Scott originally called out Richie to play this match, it was to be played at Buffalo's. Now, for some reason, they are playing at Lacy's where spectators will be charged $20/seat/day. Richie is a smoker. Lacy's is a nonsmoking establishment which means the match will be delayed several times a day for smoke breaks, stretching out this 8 ahead match for who knows how long! I'm assuming that if someone chooses to stand and watch that will be free but the bigger issue to me is how did this turn into an exhibition to profit Lacy's? Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Lacy's. It just seems "someone" jumped in and meddled in this money match, stealing it from Buffalo's. It makes me wonder if the match will even be on the level and not just an exhibition to draw spectators to spend money!
I will more than likely still go and pay the $20 to sit down while I watch and even spend a few bucks on something to eat and drink, but it will still bother me how it turned into this...

if it is indeed money grab for the establishment I hope Richie and Scott get a cut of the spectator fee. That would certainly incline me to switch venues (as a player).

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lacy's looks like a nice place.

I'm sure the non smoking spectators will appreciate the no smoke in their eyes, hair, clothes and last but not least in their lungs.

The smoker can go out and have a smoke when Richie does. That for sure takes care of them waiting.

And the ones that don't smoke can stand up and walk around and stretch a little.

If I was down there I would be at lacys for sure. Buffalo not so much. great place to play pool and a great pool hall but I don't want to be in the smoke like so many other people. I just want to stay healthy as I can. Being in the smoke is not healthy.

Gonna be a great match.

I like both these guys. I'd hate to have to put a line on the match like with football.

Good Luck Scott and good luck Richie.....................

This will be a great show that nobody that is close to there should miss.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What's Scott giving up?

Lacy's is one of the nicest rooms in the country. When is this match happening?

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just curious, but is this Scott Frost's first big match out of the gate since he broke his wrist? I wonder. :confused:

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The change in venue might have something to do with
the streaming of the event do they have any pool streams from
Buffalo's ? I watch a lot of pool streams and i have never seen one
from Buffalo's maybe its the internet there or some other reason
i know they have a lot of big games there but you never see them
on a stream

Last edited:

miscrewed89

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
if it is indeed money grab for the establishment I hope Richie and Scott get a cut of the spectator fee. That would certainly incline me to switch venues (as a player).

I have my own theory about this whole thing, but it is just a theory. I am choosing not to share my theory at this time because I think Lacy's is a great place and I enjoy going there to play. If my theory is true I will still participate in tournaments there and still consider it a great place to play but will also keep the info in the "good to know" file in my brain.

What's Scott giving up?

Lacy's is one of the nicest rooms in the country. When is this match happening?

richie gets 8-7 its 8 ahead format and the event starts wednesday oct 8th 7pm cst

12-13 years ago Richie wanted 8-7 from Cliff and Cliff said no. Now he's going to take 8-7 from a guy who plays better now than Cliff did then (wrist fractures in bridge hand aside) and Richie is 12-13 years older?

Sound like a good match to bet high on.

P.S. Isn't Frost also a smoker?

P.Ps. I think Cliff was aware of his shoulder injury/problems before most others were.

ONB

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What's wrong with charging $20, if you know there will be people willing to pay $20? That's how a business works. Hell, high school football games usually cost a few bucks to get into.

I love how pool players have hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars in equipment and don't want to scrounge up a few dollars for a match.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
12-13 years ago Richie wanted 8-7 from Cliff and Cliff said no. Now he's going to take 8-7 from a guy who plays better now than Cliff did then (wrist fractures in bridge hand aside) and Richie is 12-13 years older?

P.Ps. I think Cliff was aware of his shoulder injury/problems before most others were.

ONB
Richie beat Cliff playing even at DCC classic in a action match a last year and it was not even
close Richie has been playing great i think he plays better now than he ever has he beat some really good players lately this will be tuff action
Richie is a very underrated player sometimes and i think Scott will find that out imo
but you got to give Scott a lot of credit for stepping up and playing a tuff game in Richies home town should be a great match with 2 of the best

Last edited:

miscrewed89

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What's wrong with charging $20, if you know there will be people willing to pay $20? That's how a business works. Hell, high school football games usually cost a few bucks to get into.

I love how pool players have hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars in equipment and don't want to scrounge up a few dollars for a match.

Nothing wrong with charging $20... I'm just curious as to why it was moved from Buffalo's, where it was originally, to Lacy's. It's true that Lacy's is more roomy and comfortable for spectators, but what started as simply a challenge from one champion to another seems to have been exploited into an exhibition match. Again, no problem with an exhibition match, but that's not what this was meant to be. Now, if I am wrong and Richie or Scott simply decided to play at Lacy's instead of Buffalo's then OK, no big deal. Take advantage of it and generate some income from it. I just don't like to see meddling and manipulation from those who otherwise would have had nothing to do with this or any match. I want to watch two great players go head to head, playing their hearts out for the cash! Not two great players going through the motions so some place and/or somebody else can be the benefactor. It just seems to take away some of the authenticity of it.

Oh well, I guess it doesn't really matter if I'm going anyway. I just won't be putting any cash on the rail...

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nothing wrong with charging $20... I'm just curious as to why it was moved from Buffalo's, where it was originally, to Lacy's. It's true that Lacy's is more roomy and comfortable for spectators, but what started as simply a challenge from one champion to another seems to have been exploited into an exhibition match. Again, no problem with an exhibition match, but that's not what this was meant to be. Now, if I am wrong and Richie or Scott simply decided to play at Lacy's instead of Buffalo's then OK, no big deal. Take advantage of it and generate some income from it. I just don't like to see meddling and manipulation from those who otherwise would have had nothing to do with this or any match. I want to watch two great players go head to head, playing their hearts out for the cash! Not two great players going through the motions so some place and/or somebody else can be the benefactor. It just seems to take away some of the authenticity of it.

Oh well, I guess it doesn't really matter if I'm going anyway. I just won't be putting any cash on the rail...

I see what you're saying, but either way it will be a match to watch.
Personally, I'd rather be at Lacy's. Buffalo's is a dump, compared to Lacy's. Then again, most pool halls are a dump compared to Lacy's lol.

10362151_278770798962399_729681600_a.jpg

ONB

Richie beat Cliff playing even at DCC classic in a action match a last year and it was not even
close Richie has been playing great i think he plays better now than he ever has he beat some really good players lately this will be tuff action
Richie is a very underrated player sometimes and i think Scott will find that out imo
but you got to give Scott a lot of credit for stepping up and playing a tuff game in Richies home town should be a great match with 2 of the best

Richie beating Cliff is not important, Cliff hasn't been "Cliff" for quite awhile now.

If you think a 13 year older, chain-smoking, Bell's Palsy suffering (in the past), constantly high poolplayer (at least in the past) plays better now than he ever has, well, then that's good for you. Make sure to bet it up.

Richie is not "underrated" by anyone who knows anything about him. He's 8-7 under the best players in the game and he's not closing that gap by aging.

I thought RR's "hometown" was Muskegon, Michigan. At least that's where I thought his children lived.

ONB

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Richie beating Cliff is not important, Cliff hasn't been "Cliff" for quite awhile now.

If you think a 13 year older, chain-smoking, Bell's Palsy suffering (in the past), constantly high poolplayer (at least in the past) plays better now than he ever has, well, then that's good for you. Make sure to bet it up.

Richie is not "underrated" by anyone who knows anything about him. He's 8-7 under the best players in the game and he's not closing that gap by aging.

I thought RR's "hometown" was Muskegon, Michigan. At least that's where I thought his children lived.

ONB
lol well calling him a 13 year older, chain-smoking, Bell's Palsy suffering (in the past), constantly high poolplayer aint so great of a rating is it
i know he is not from New Orleans but he has been living there and playing there for some time now
i have seen Richie play a lot of matches in tuff action lately he stays in action all the time
and Scott coming off a broken wrist maybe not been playing much i think Richie is a good bet here
but we will see that is why they play

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All I can say is at 8-7 I'll take Scott. It's been a long time since I've played RR but I just can't see him beating Scott at 8-7.

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
I agree with jtompilot.

The parts of his game that may/may not be affected by a healing broken wrist are not what separates him from a player like Richie.

Short Bus Russ - C Player

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member

ONB

I'm not so sure Scott plays better than Cliff in his prime. At one time, Cliff was considered the premier One Pocket player in the United States without much question. Shannon Daulton may have been the only player who could play Cliff even, and still be a slight underdog.

I don't think Scott has ever been unquestionably the best One Pocket player. Jeremy Jones, Gabe Owen and Corey Deuel might have something to say about that. And Shannon! :cool:

Currently I like this kid Josh Roberts. He's got game!