Tiger X Ultra shaft compliment

tigerseye

Kenny Wilson
Silver Member
Just what I was looking for...
Had the old fashion feel with todays technology....
You don't have to get used to this shaft like some other shafts..
Thanks Shannon Dalton for turning me onto this incredible product...

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
You letting us all know what kind of tip combination ur using on it, I just got my OB1 shaft for my Huebler and I love it. Right now I have a everest tip just wondering what the X comes with and how it feels.

-JD

sjharr

insert something witty...
Silver Member
Couldn't agree more!

Out of all the LD shafts I have had an opportunity to play with the Tiger shafts are easily the most responsive. They just seem to suit my particular playing style and stroke much better than the others.
I can't say enough good things about em.

I recommend their tips as well, especially the Onyx!

Steve H.

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
You letting us all know what kind of tip combination ur using on it, I just got my OB1 shaft for my Huebler and I love it. Right now I have a everest tip just wondering what the X comes with and how it feels.

-JD

JD:

I'm pretty sure the X-Ultra (as well as its low-deflection version, the Ultra-X LD) are fitted, by default, with a Tiger Sniper tip and a red backing pad:

http://tigerproducts.com/store/home.php?cat=271

Hope this helps,
-Sean

Slasher

KE = 0.5 • m • v2
Silver Member
I started playing with one of the Pro shafts this weekend, needed a slight modification to get it to my liking by taking a bit of the taper out but I played great with it, has the same feel as my solid shaft but less deflection.

Mike Templeton

Confidence........
Silver Member
Just what I was looking for...
Had the old fashion feel with todays technology....
You don't have to get used to this shaft like some other shafts..
Thanks Shannon Dalton for turning me onto this incredible product...

Is it the plain Ultra or the LD?

lee brett

www.leebrettpool.com
Silver Member
They are great shafts... best shaft on the market in my opinion!!
The X ultra has a sniper on it as standard.
The X pro has the onyx.... Well mine did when Tony sent me to try..

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
Thanks for the info, but how does both tiger shafts play compared to the OB1 shaft? Has anyone had the pleasure of shooting with both brand long enough to compare shafts on all scales of playability. Feel, deflection, accuracy, squirt... Im just curious if it would be worth buying one and trying it out or just stick with the OB1 with Everest tip. Any feed back would be great:thumbup:

-JD

luke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've used both the Tiger Ultra LD and the OB Classic and prefer the OB. The Tiger was too light for me at 3.3oz. and threw off the balance I like. The OB is around 4oz. and feels better and more solid to me.

schmizz

Mr. Nice Guy
Silver Member
Use a Tiger Ultra on my McDermott and love it. It was like it brought the stick to life. ;)

tigerseye

Kenny Wilson
Silver Member
Thanks for the info, but how does both tiger shafts play compared to the OB1 shaft? Has anyone had the pleasure of shooting with both brand long enough to compare shafts on all scales of playability. Feel, deflection, accuracy, squirt... Im just curious if it would be worth buying one and trying it out or just stick with the OB1 with Everest tip. Any feed back would be great:thumbup:

-JD

The Ob is a good shaft but it feels just a tiny bit stiff....that's why I like the tiger

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
Thank you Luke, but I was referring to OB1 shafts not the classic or classic pro. I guess I might be asking in the wrong area based on the thread name, im guessing there will be a lot of tiger shaft lovers popen in here not OB and predator lol. I guess i might just have to wait and see.

-JD

speedy5963

speedy5963
Silver Member
Tiger makes a great product and in my opinion one of the top two or three after market shafts. I dont find Tiger's or the OB's to be overly stiff. I think both are great products but i found that i was getting lots of spin with the OB shaft and was finding long and straight in shots more difficult. Great products though!

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member