NYC House Pros

pk249

Registered
Anyone know who the current house professionals are at Steinway Billiards and Amsterdam Billiards in NYC? I recall Earl has moved from Steinway to Sandcastle Billiards.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone know who the current house professionals are at Steinway Billiards and Amsterdam Billiards in NYC? I recall Earl has moved from Steinway to Sandcastle Billiards.
Last i heard Earl was at Fusco's in Philly. He move again?

jrmuckadoo

Registered
"Alaska" Sean Morgan is the house Pro at Amsterdam Billiards.

Strong player/room promoter!

Gives action to players that come to Amsterdam$-)

Nice dude!!

Last edited:

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Nice dude!!

There’s a little crew of us that hang out at Turning Stone. Sean is one of them. He’s hilarious. We’ve had some hilarious moments at the “Motif” bar. Great guy.

KMRUNOUT <——just realizing I’m really sad I’m not going this January :-(

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Nice dude!!

Does he play 1P. You have to look under a lot of rocks to find 1P players in NYC

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Isn’t hunter Lombardo a house pro in one of the nyc rooms?

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does he play 1P. You have to look under a lot of rocks to find 1P players in NYC

You do and even though NYC players probably out earn 98% of players in the Country, not many are willing to put too much at risk in any game. Most just don't view the game that way.

Positively Ralf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

like someone told me, nyc/tri state is straight pool country. California is 1p country.

but on to the question, last I check Jorge Rodriguez is the house pro at Gotham City Billiards and Kang Lee is the house pro at Carom Café. I'm very positive Eastside Billiards, Park Billiards, Cue Bar and Spin City do not have house pros.

And then there are the many halls no one even talks about. NYC in general has a hell of a lot more halls than just the ones always mentioned. Especially in Queens.

Last edited:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I thought Tony Robles was still in NYC someplace?

Actually no. Tony and his wife moved to the south shore of Long Island a few years ago, perhaps twenty five miles from Manhattan. Tony still runs his NAPL league at Amsterdam, though, and that league is thriving. He may still give the occasional lesson at Amsterdam, but his NAPL league and his Predator 9-ball Tour are his primary focuses in pool.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Actually no. Tony and his wife moved to the south shore of Long Island a few years ago, perhaps twenty five miles from Manhattan. Tony still runs his NAPL league at Amsterdam, though, and that league is thriving. He may still give the occasional lesson at Amsterdam, but his NAPL league and his Predator 9-ball Tour are his primary focuses in pool.

Correct Stu. My daughter and her boyfriend took lessons from Tony les than six months ago in Amsterdam’s. I saw the pics on Tony‘s Facebook page. It was a good class and went longer than what the class was advertised for. They had a blast.

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
Tony Robles is a house pro at Amsterdam, along with Sean Alaska Morgan. You can also get Hunter Lombardo, Mika and Mike Yednak at Amsterdam as well.

Zion Zvi is the current house pro at Steinway. Tony Robles and Hunter have been known to meet their students at Steinway.

I don't know if Jorge is still the house pro at Gotham, I haven't bumped into him at Gotham.

Jennifer Barretta gives lessons out of Skyline.

Mark Finklestein, Fran Crimi, Vincent Morris, and Todd Fleitman are others who can give quality pool instruction.

After Earl left Steinway, he went to Fusco's and recently settled as the House Pro at SandCastle Billiards. You can reach out to Ed Liddawi for more information.

Queens is commonly mentioned because of the strong action scene dating back from Golden Cue, Masters, now Steinway and New City (formerly Spin City). All the local Filipinos and Tibetans play out of New City.

Last edited: