Revo Custom Shaft with Kamui Black Super Soft

Pete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've shot about 30 - 40 hours with it and find the tip is flattening.

Now I've been using these tips for a while (prior) around 2 years and never have seen them flatten so much. Very perplexing.

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Now I've been using these tips for a while (prior) around 2 years and never have seen them flatten so much. Very perplexing.

"I gotta tell you....
Even the expen$ive tips can sometimes be bad.....
Kamui has a satisfaction guaranteed-
Hopefully your tip installer is a kamui auth person-
get you a new one installed/replaced for free"

Pete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"I gotta tell you....
Even the expen$ive tips can sometimes be bad.....
Kamui has a satisfaction guaranteed-
Hopefully your tip installer is a kamui auth person-
get you a new one installed/replaced for free"

It came straight from Predator.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Hey Pete. Other than the tip issue, I hope your enjoying the new shaft.

Did you post pics?

BTW, I've had an issue with kamui SS in the past. Not often, but....it did happen a couple of times over the last four years since I've been back playing.

It sounds like you either got unlucky and got one of the very few bad tips or the tip installer messed up by heating the tip up to much or something?

Jeff

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pete, I can suggest a great tip guy near you ;-).

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Of course a super soft tip will flatten over time. There is nothing wrong with the tip or installation.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

That’s right about where you will find the sweet spot on those tips...they compress and you reshape, and eventually they stay and maintain at that perfect hardness. I like the mediums, because they are a little harder right on install and you don’t have to play 30-40 hours on it to get to that level like you do the soft tips.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
I stopped using Kamui's. Originally used super softs and had one completely fall apart on me. I switched to the softs and 3 different tips in a row, from 2 different dealers, all had a loose sound and feel to it.

The person doing the installation is the same I was going to for the last 15 years and has done dozens of kamuis for me before.

I switched to Precision mediums and couldnt be happier.

Pete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I reshaped it this morning. I will say it does seem to have a lot of "meat' to it. So perhaps my guy takes more off to begin with helping to eliminate the "breaking in" stage. I will see how it holds up.

Other than that I do think I like this shaft (plus my wife got it for me so I better).

Next big investment will either be a break shaft for my breaker or a BK Rush...