What can i clean Simonis 860 cloth with

dls0680

I purchased a used table with Simonis 860 cloth on it and the cloth is in really good condition but since putting it in my home I smell a slight hint of cigarette smoke in the cloth. I feel like the cloth has not really been cleaned and I want to know what I can use to clean it and what to wipe it off with? I was hoping not to have to purchase that $90 X1 thing to clean it.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wouldn't.

If you can't sTand it and don't want to go with new cloth, reach out to the good folks at simonis.

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I purchased a used table with Simonis 860 cloth on it and the cloth is in really good condition but since putting it in my home I smell a slight hint of cigarette smoke in the cloth. I feel like the cloth has not really been cleaned and I want to know what I can use to clean it and what to wipe it off with? I was hoping not to have to purchase that $90 X1 thing to clean it.
I haven't tried this, but you might consider covering it in baking soda, and then vacuuming that off after a day or so. The baking soda should absorb the odors, and it should vacuum off easily.

Adam Tetzlaff

Registered
I am hoping someone has a good answer to this as well. I am in the same situation. I purchased a nice table that clearly hasn't had a lot of play. However there is a slight smell of cigar smoke. The cloth appears to be in almost new condition so I feel it would be a waste to toss it.

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am hoping someone has a good answer to this as well. I am in the same situation. I purchased a nice table that clearly hasn't had a lot of play. However there is a slight smell of cigar smoke. The cloth appears to be in almost new condition so I feel it would be a waste to toss it.
If you decide to toss it, I'd be interested in having it. :)

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
Vacuum really good. Not with a beater, but just a vacuum head with suction. Then, mix some warm water with a bit of Oxy Clean. Take a wash cloth, and dunk it in that solution. Wring it out, but leave some moisture in. Go over the entire cloth. No nap, so don't worry what direction you're going in. Just get off any residual dust.

Then, clean the pockets, the return rails, and the ball box. Then your table will be fine. All odors will go away also.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to do this at least once or twice a year.

All the best,
WW

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Vacuum really good. Not with a beater, but just a vacuum head with suction. Then, mix some warm water with a bit of Oxy Clean. Take a wash cloth, and dunk it in that solution. Wring it out, but leave some moisture in. Go over the entire cloth. No nap, so don't worry what direction you're going in. Just get off any residual dust.

Then, clean the pockets, the return rails, and the ball box. Then your table will be fine. All odors will go away also.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to do this at least once or twice a year.

All the best,
WW
Same thing but with Woolite. 1 capful in a gallon of hot water.

angluse

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If the installer used plaster to level the slate seams, I'd avoid using a strong vacuum across them. The brush attachment might be a better choice in that area.
If the seams were leveled with wax or Bondo, no issue.

dls0680

Thank you all very much for your responses. I will give woolite and water a try this weekend. We are in the process of moving into our new house and the 9’ used table with Simonis is the first thing I purchased to put in the house. No other furniture is even in the house yet but I just noticed the smell after the pool table guy installed it. I will let you know how it goes

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Cloth

dont buy the xsimiones cleaning thing. it did nothing for my table. sent it back to amazon.

-

You used it wrong then or you misunderstood the use of the tool.
It don't “ clean “ the cloth. It’s not a cloth cleaner. It’s a chalk dust extractor and only removes chalk dust and it does a great job at removing chalk dust. It works on the static charge.
I assure the X-1 does work AS DESIGNED.

To remove smoke smell on the bed and rail cloth you’ll want to first use the X-1, that will remove the chalk dust.then use a shop vac with a bristle brush/DO NOT USE A ROTATING VACUUM head, that will remove the debris from the playing surface, then you will take 1 gallon of water in a clean bucket with one teaspoon of woollite oxyclean and one drop of dawn dish soap and soak a clean cotton rag in the solution then wring it out so the rag is lightly damp, lightly work the rag around the cloth and repeat the process with the damp rag until you go over the bed and rail cloth. Once it drys a few hours later spray/mist the cloth with auto febreze and let dry.

Ship the fiddy!

Rob.M

Attachments

• 13C5733F-7F3D-44DB-BC65-292A8730B4AF.jpeg
    13C5733F-7F3D-44DB-BC65-292A8730B4AF.jpeg
    20 KB · Views: 525
Last edited:

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
For more serious cleaning - has anybody tried a rug shampooer on Simonis (or any cloth)? Thinking of giving this a try on a table with good condition cloth that has lots of stains.

pj
chgo

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For more serious cleaning - has anybody tried a rug shampooer on Simonis (or any cloth)? Thinking of giving this a try on a table with good condition cloth that has lots of stains.

pj
chgo
If you're going to try this i'd definitely try it on a small section in one corner of the table. Look for the 'Woolsafe' logo on the shampoo. Liquid detergent and clean water should get most out. Stay away from any harsh stuff.

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not needed. Unless your city water is massively chlorinated you can use tap water. Never seen cloth damaged by bad water yet. Wouldn't worry about this.

I think if your tap water is very hard, like mine, distilled would be a good idea. (Stains from minerals, potentially, otherwise.)

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

pj
chgo

I like the way you think! I have pondered a miniature rug shampooer for pool tables, just a pipe dream; seems like it could really clean a table well.

My not so old Simonis 860 has a beverage stain from the previous owner. Not sure what was spilled. It's also really dirty where the balls are racked. Would love to clean it up.