What can i clean Simonis 860 cloth with

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
If you're going to try this i'd definitely try it on a small section in one corner of the table. Look for the 'Woolsafe' logo on the shampoo. Liquid detergent and clean water should get most out. Stay away from any harsh stuff.
Good advice - thanks.

pj
chgo

Johnson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Zep Fresh Odor Control Concentrate can be used to deodorize or clean anything besides wood basically. I use it to deodorize clothes/shoes I sell on Ebay even clothing that's new. It's one of the best cleaner/deodorizers I've ever used and it's a concentrate so it's very cheap. My dad's rent house wreaked of smoke and it didn't even take 10 mins and 25 cents of this stuff to make it smell better. I put it into a bottle then shake it up so it sprays finer and covers more area. You can find it at any Menards or Lowes, if you get some I would try some out under the pocket to make sure it doesn't discolor your felt but like I said I've sprayed it on brand new clothing before with no issues.

Cleans, deodorizes and disinfects surfaces

Antibacterial solution helps kill odor-causing germs

For use in homes, hospitals, day care centers, restaurants, hotels, offices and more

Most "deodorizers" try to cover up the smell which just makes it worse but this kills the germs that create it. I've used an Oxy stain remover that ruined an entire load of laundry, for a pool table you might even just get a smaller mist sprayer to cover more uniformly. I use it to clean the tub and sink too and only have to clean the tub 2-3 times a year with a magic eraser.

angluse

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Be careful using this stuff. You have to REALLY shake it up good. Its easy to get drops instead of a mist on the cloth. We tried it and went back to water and woolite.

^^ Agree. Test first to ensure it's not dribbly. I ended up with a stain, my eyes would go right to it. Rrrrr.

MitchAlsup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ex-UT pool coach:: "Half way through a semester we would take the cloth off the tables, and wash in woolite, stretch then put back on the tables with the unused side up."

AkGuy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
me do this.

"Real King Cobra" gave me some hints for my Simonis 860 HR cloth and I have been following his instructions for a few years now with good results.

Like others have said, hot water and Woolite works. I buy a bundle of the white micro fleece towels from Home Depot or OReileys. The cloth should be damp and not dripping water when wiping the table.

Prior to using the water and Woolite I vacuum with a small hand held and then I take a dry micro fleece cloth and wipe the whole table down and that cloth picks up a bunch of chalk.

I also have the X1 pad and often give my table a quick once over with it. Those big old school chalk board erasers work well also and are fairly cheap. Just hard to find.

gardencat

Registered
When I worked at a disaster restoration company, we used ozone to remove smoke smells. You can buy that in cans now, online or maybe at a home center. I'd cover the table top with a plastic drop cloth, then lift an edge, spray the ozone under it, and leave it overnight. This won't remove any dirt or stains, though, just organic smells. Don't get anything that has perfumes added unless that's what you want. Ozone alone won't have a scent after it disperses. (Before it disperses, it's like that weird smell that comes off a copy machine when it's used heavily.)