Its George

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
That is a tough one cuedaddy, I have looked for this info before and could not find the answer. About ten years ago I was on a site that had company info on it. I had read about the history of the name “It's George” and the meaning behind it. I believe that it was slang back in the 20's or 30's for something that was good or a great deal. Good luck on finding info on the company I have a feeling that someone on here knows:smile:.

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
There are a couple of products with the Its George name, ranging from cues, tip tapers, and the cue cases. I believe all are defunct, except the new style Its George hard cue cases.

According to this thread from last year Mike Roberts the original maker started making Its George cue cases again and delivered a batch to Omega Billiards.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=90053

RBC

Deceased
cuedaddy

The It's George cases are not in production any more. Yes, they did start back up for a little while, but have since stopped again. They did sell quite a few cases to Omega Billiards, who was to be their distributor, and Mike sold some of them to various dealers. I believe The Billiard Warehouse was one of those, and still has some cases available.

The tip tapper was sold several years ago to Hawleys Billiards, who still has them manufactured.

Both are very good products. I would love to see the cases produced again.

Royce Bunnell
www.obcues.com

mdavis228

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The original It's George cues were excellent, and as I recall, Bill Schick had some input.

gulyassy

Custom Cues Since 1986
Silver Member
Mike Roberts asked me to build some cues for him which I did a couple of years ago. I was around It's George shop when it started till just before things went bad. I made 6 It's George cues all together, actually 7 because one was stole from my shop about 4 years ago along with the It's George stamp.

cuedaddy

Banned
Well, That puts a damper on the subject. I Might have to give hawleys a call in that case.

I was more interested in the cases. Who has the naming rights?