Lists of Contenders for Money Game Kings belts (Roy's Basement)

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Roy's Basement has started new match series around 3 Money Game Championship belts (Barbox King, One Pocket King, 10 Ball King). The recent Barbox King match between Sky and Alex was the first match. Sky won so he is reigning champion until he is beaten by another contender.
Roy's Basement averaged the opinions of 20 stakehorses in the US to come up with top Contenders lists for the 3 Money Game Kings belts below.
The contenders lists will operate like boxing, UFC lists where contenders will play the reigning champion and if the contender wins , he becomes champion and holds the belt until he is beaten by next contender.
These are for money game format which is different from tournament format and only include players who play money games so you will see many players who only play tournaments not appear in the list.
Roy will also set up a governing body/ panel of a few pool experts.

https://www.facebook.com/RoysBasement/photos/a.1126623900762206/2646347538789827/?type=3&theater

roy contenderlist.JPG

roy1.JPG

:grin:

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So what happens when the champ loses? Does he fall to the back of the line? What if Hennessee challenges and beats Sky, does he jump everyone in front of him and take the belt? Will the be matches between say # 4 and #5 without the belt on the line?

This could be a pretty awesome process if it is run right. Exciting. Thanks for posting!

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
This is a cool idea. It’s like the more badass version of the azb king �� setup that I wish was in full swing.

I think if it keeps going on it will sort of work itself out as far as rankings of people besides the king, and who plays who.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Secondary list.

I'd like too see which players would join in that list, if they got spotted the wild 7. Be an interesting group of who's who?

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So what happens when the champ loses? Does he fall to the back of the line? What if Hennessee challenges and beats Sky, does he jump everyone in front of him and take the belt? Will the be matches between say # 4 and #5 without the belt on the line?

This could be a pretty awesome process if it is run right. Exciting. Thanks for posting!

i think they need to challenge sky to be able to take the belt. 2-9 are all contenders

roy talked about it on the cue it up podcast. the belt holder should also get paid while holding the belt

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not trying to detract from anyone’s game but,,,
Do the current contenders on the 1-PKT list drink anything whilst in action?

Don’t be ridiculous, these are professional athletes we’re talking about here.

jackpot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is kind of cool

What does the winner get other than the money that is bet and the right to keep
the belt.
jack

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Tell me about this Wild 7....

Speaks for itself. It's a real handicap for a top player to give a TRUE up and comer that plays, breaks and moves good. Often this group lifestyle works, has a family and spends all the rest of their time playing. They understand the cost of a players life style.

Last edited:

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice to see Shane on the 1P list. To bad he’s not really interested in 1P that much.