Mr. Wilson

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Is Dave gone? Sent him a P.M., no response and noticed he hasn't posted in a few months. New sheriff in town?

PRED

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He resigned as a moderator a couple months ago and left soon after that.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
Dave's a nice dude that was in a thankless job. Wish him well.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is Dave gone? Sent him a P.M., no response and noticed he hasn't posted in a few months. New sheriff in town?

You can send that PM to me!

I wont be able to do anything about it but id like to read it!

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
OK thanks guys, I hate to see Dave go. I did a search for any sort of farewell thread and couldn't find it. Was there one?

I'm sure Mike has a lot more to do than babysit these boards. Thanks No Stroke, I hate to waste a good PM.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OK thanks guys, I hate to see Dave go. I did a search for any sort of farewell thread and couldn't find it. Was there one?

I'm sure Mike has a lot more to do than babysit these boards. Thanks No Stroke, I hate to waste a good PM.

He is on Facebook and is always posting funny cartoons and things like that. He's a hoot! :)

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He’s the best! I have his number. Occasionally I txt him. Hopefully he comes back. I think he will-everyone seems to. :)

Best
Fatboy

Reactions: LWW

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
I think given what he had to deal with he was a pretty fair guy. Also, given what he had to deal with, most people in that role would get a little cranky. ;) imo

He struck me as a good guy and if you think about it, he banned TATE so how bad of a fellow could he be? :grin-square:

best,
brian kc

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I miss him also.I am a little perturbed he never banned me....not that I tried to get the hammer.

Hell come to think of it I'm a great guy.

Cuebuddy>>>wishes there were a dozen more like me.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
me too or is that copyrighted?

I miss him also.I am a little perturbed he never banned me....not that I tried to get the hammer.

I could stand a dozen more of you, or Dave. I respected the man and the job he did. I never would have lasted a fraction as long. He always had a great sense of humor, he just kept it reined in most of the time. The people knocking mod's and admin's probably haven't given either a try on a busy forum.

Like you I figured I flew pretty close to the wind sometimes but never felt the whack of the ban hammer. All things must come to an end and I suspect Dave is enjoying a well earned break or retirement from mod duties.

I will volunteer, Bill or George, or Jim, anybody but Hu!

Hu

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member

Pfft, you're not that great :grin:

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dave was my favorite moderator but I'm sought of happy he left. He deserves better with less stress.

JC

Coos Cues
I think he was banned and never returned after it expired.

Kind of like when I took a knee for the NFL. And couldn't breath while watching the NBA. Now I can barely name a quarterback of a team. It's sort of a freedom.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He absolutely had the worst personality/temperament for the job. You'd have to do a national search to find someone worse.

I agree, but that said I liked Dave a lot, he was a cool guy, liked talking fishing with him and shooting the shit. At the end of the day moderating is a thankless job for the most part, and doesn't pay much, if at all.
I hope he comes back, but he stepped down from being a mod quite a few months back and was still posting, then he just stopped out the blue, Sev probably knows.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Skeeters and Gators

I could stand a dozen more of you, or Dave. I respected the man and the job he did. I never would have lasted a fraction as long. He always had a great sense of humor, he just kept it reined in most of the time. The people knocking mod's and admin's probably haven't given either a try on a busy forum.

Like you I figured I flew pretty close to the wind sometimes but never felt the whack of the ban hammer. All things must come to an end and I suspect Dave is enjoying a well earned break or retirement from mod duties.

I will volunteer, Bill or George, or Jim, anybody but Hu!

Hu
It would be nice if you could get paid in Cash:wink:
Hu you would make a great Moderator here. After all the blood suckers and reptiles you have dealt with around the house this place would be right up your alley!

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
yep

I think given what he had to deal with he was a pretty fair guy. Also, given what he had to deal with, most people in that role would get a little cranky. ;) imo

He struck me as a good guy and if you think about it, he banned TATE so how bad of a fellow could he be? :grin-square:

best,
brian kc

This would be accurate.