My son's been ordered to self quarantine.....

sutigers

Jeff I'm originally from Florence but haven't lived there in 25 years or so. Not sure if we've ever met. Sending prayers for your son and daughter in law!
Carter

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just got off the phone with my boy. He and his wife seem to be feeling the same as this morning...

Their symptoms:

Low grade fever
Mild weakness
Having trouble sleeping (probably stress)
Sore throat
Slight loss of appetite

The good part is neither of them are having difficulty breathing. That in itself is a very, very good sign.

I'll keep this thread updated until we get the test results back.

Again, I appreciate all of you more than you know.

It's funny, not to long ago I would have laughed at the thought of an online forum being of comfort and support in any way, especially in times like this. This is the second time in a very short period that I have saw first hand how an online forum can be ever bit as helpful as most people are in person. I would have never thought it possible but, it is.

The more I learn about AZB the more I realize AZB is much more than a place to discuss pool and the like, it's IMO an actual community that seems to always have a way of producing support when needed the most.

When I first learned of my son's situation, I really needed support and I found it here. Thank you.

I'll update this as soon as I speak to them tomorrow.

Jeff

fromthebeginnin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don’t post here much anymore but I read your story and it touch me, you are in our thoughts and prays.

God Bless you all, stay safe everyone. Rich

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just got an update from my daughter in law.

******first off: my son and daughter in law's employer called them to let them know that an employee that was put on quarantine a day earlier just got their test results back and it was NEGATIVE.

My daughter in law was told that her coworker had the flu.....I'll take that!!!

This morning my son was still asleep when I called but, my daughter in law was awake and gave me an update.

She said they still haven't received test results but, they are expecting them soon.

She said that she had a little difficulty breathing last night but, after only one breathing treatment she felt fine.

On the other hand, she said my son, who has had asthma since he was a child wasn't doing as well with breathing. She said his inhalers stopped working so, she started giving him a breathing treatment ever couple hours until his breathing returned to normal.

She said that they both have a slight cough that is producing color.

She said their fever spiked a little higher last night. Her fever hit 100.3. His fever hit 100.8.

She said their appetites have diminished a little since yesterday but, they have been able to drink plenty of fluids and didn't seem to be dehydrated but, they are feeling a little more soreness and a little bit weaker.

I'm not gonna say I'm not worried because I am worried, alot actually. But, one of the other employee's that came in contact with the person that tested positive is fine and they were actually in contact for longer than my boy and his wife were.

The person that tested positive is not doing well. I don't know who they are but, I was told that they weren't an Alabama resident. They were here helping because the company my son works for was short handed. As far as they know, she didn't come in contact with anyone else other than my son, my daughter in law, and two other employee's.

As mentioned earlier, one of the other people has been cleared but, they do have the flu.

I'm pulling for the flu.....I've never once thought I would hope anyone would have the flu but, right now, the flu is a HUGE improvement compared to coronavirus.

I'll update this as I gett updated.

Thanks again for your support. There are some mighty good people on AZB.

Jeff

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

******first off: my son and daughter in law's employer called them to let them know that an employee that was put on quarantine a day earlier just got their test results back and it was NEGATIVE.

This morning my son was still asleep when I called but, my daughter in law was awake and gave me an update.

She said they still haven't received test results but, they are expecting them soon.

She said that she had a little difficulty breathing last night but, after only one breathing treatment she felt fine.

On the other hand, she said my son, who has had asthma since he was a child wasn't doing as well with breathing. She said his inhalers stopped working so, she started giving him a breathing treatment ever couple hours until his breathing returned to normal.

She said their fever spiked a little higher last night. Her fever hit 100.3. His fever hit 100.8.

She said their appetites have diminished a little since yesterday but, they have been able to drink plenty of fluids and didn't seem to be dehydrated but, they are feeling a little more soreness and a little bit weaker.

I'm not gonna say I'm not worried because I am worried, alot actually. But, one of the other employee's that came in contact with the person that tested positive is fine and they were actually in contact for longer than my boy and his wife were.

The person that tested positive is not doing well. I don't know who they are but, I was told that they weren't an Alabama resident. They were here helping because the company my son works for was short handed. As far as they know, she didn't come in contact with anyone else other than my son, my daughter in law, and two other employee's.

As mentioned earlier, one of the other people has been cleared but, they do have the flu.

I'm pulling for the flu.....I've never once thought I would hope anyone would have the flu but, right now, the flu is a HUGE improvement compared to coronavirus.

Jeff
Looks like things going ok so far. Keep us posted.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Update

There were four employees ordered to be quarantined.

Two of them have been cleared with just the flu and are recovering fine.

All four tests were sent out within a day apart but, my son and daughter in law's test have not came back because they were sent to a different lab.

I'm not sure why they wouldn't test all four cases at the same place. Maybe they couldn't handle their workload?

Anyways, my daughter in law is recovering very fast. She has not had a fever since yesterday and her appetite is good compared to two days ago.

I'm very confident that her test will negative.

Given the fact that their coworkers came back negative and that my daughter in law has improved greatly in the last ~18 hours, I have to think my son will recover soon.

I'm sure sure that his recovery will be slower since he had respiratory issues to begin with.

What I don't understand is why did they not test them for the flu first, instead of scaring the heck out my wife and I?

Eventhough we've nkt got their results back, I'm 99% confident that we are ok.

Eventhough we pretty much know what to expect, I will let you folks know when the results are in.

My daughter in law called today and was told their test should be in Monday by noon.

Jeff

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Jeff

That's great Jeff glad to hear it I'm sure it's a great relief for you

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thoughts are with you and your kids. I'm in Columbia MO. The university in it's wisdom sent 30,000 students on spring vacation in the middle of a pandemic. My daughter in-law works at the university and is pregnant with my first grandchild. This city is mostly locked down and restricted to essential employees.

Maybe they will soon find the right medicine to treat the symptoms and eventually a vaccine. The malaria drug/z pack sounds promising.

I moved a lot as a kid - 15 schools in 12 states. I knew kids who had polio. Medical science found a cure. They will find a cure for this. Just a question of how soon.

Bic D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Update

There were four employees ordered to be quarantined.

Two of them have been cleared with just the flu and are recovering fine.

All four tests were sent out within a day apart but, my son and daughter in law's test have not came back because they were sent to a different lab.

I'm not sure why they wouldn't test all four cases at the same place. Maybe they couldn't handle their workload?

Anyways, my daughter in law is recovering very fast. She has not had a fever since yesterday and her appetite is good compared to two days ago.

I'm very confident that her test will negative.

Given the fact that their coworkers came back negative and that my daughter in law has improved greatly in the last ~18 hours, I have to think my son will recover soon.

I'm sure sure that his recovery will be slower since he had respiratory issues to begin with.

What I don't understand is why did they not test them for the flu first, instead of scaring the heck out my wife and I?

Eventhough we've nkt got their results back, I'm 99% confident that we are ok.

Eventhough we pretty much know what to expect, I will let you folks know when the results are in.

My daughter in law called today and was told their test should be in Monday by noon.

Jeff

I agree with you in that they should have ruled other things out first.

Hang in there...Thoughts and prayers brother

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jeff,

This has to be an ordeal for your entire family and exhausting. Just remember that you are not alone.
At this moment in time, 1 out of every 3 Americans has been ordered to shelter in place. So many of
our nation’s population is in harm’s way and the number is steadily increasing at a frightening rate.

My sister and brother-in-law live in Staten Island and both of them are older than myself and in much
worse general health with severe respiratory conditions. I am very concerned about their welfare since
I know that a COVID-19 infection would certainly end life for either of them. And there is nothing I can do
right now or later on if they were to become infected. All I can do is share my worry and anxiety & humbly
beseech the help of others including them in their prayers if it happens. You are walking the awful path so
many others are also traveling on. I pray that it concludes really soon with them getting home fast.

Matt B.

34YearsOfPlayin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My son and daughter in law were sent home today because they were exposed to coronavirus while at work.

They were told they have to stay home quarantined until the test come back.

They both are in the IT field and were working to help keep a local clinic and a couple other related business's computer systems up and running.

We don't know if they are positive at this point. All we know for sure is that another employee did test positive and my son and daughter in law were in direct contact with her several times over the course of two days before she started to show symptoms.

AZB, I've come to you good people before and ask for prayer.

This time is different. It's my boy. He and his wife are already running a fever and I'm, as you can imagine extremely worried.

So, any of you that know God, please, please, please pray that my boy and his wife will be ok.

I'm at a loss for words at this point.

Thanks for much needed prayers brothers and sisters.

God I give thanks that this mans son is safe and healthy and happy. I give thanks it is done under grace in a perfect way!!!

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey folks,

They got the results. It's negative for coronavirus!

They did however have the flu. He is still very sick but, we feel much better about recovering. They did say that if he had contracted coronavirus, he would be in real danger giving his health problems.

Thank you to all that gave support to me while I was going through this. Especially the first couple of days. It was brutally stressful to be told my son was in great danger. All said and done, I'm just glad he's gonna be good to go.

Please be smart and do all you can do to stay away from anything and everyone the best you can........your life and someone you loves life may depend on it.

Me? Im not willing to take unnecessary risk. By doing so, it would put people I love at risk. I couldn't live with myself if something happened to one of my family or friends and it was because I wasn't willing to put my ANYTHING on hold. Nothing is as important as life itself.

As for the people that are lucky enough to have not been in contact or have anyone close be in contact:

Count your blessings....

Again, thanks AZB!!!!

Jeff

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
Hey folks,

They did however have the flu. He is still very sick but, we feel much better about recovering. They did say that if he had contracted coronavirus, he would be in real danger giving his health problems.

Thank you to all that gave support to me while I was going through this. Especially the first couple of days. It was brutally stressful to be told my son was in great danger. All said and done, I'm just glad he's gonna be good to go.

Please be smart and do all you can do to stay away from anything and everyone the best you can........your life and someone you loves life may depend on it.

Me? Im not willing to take unnecessary risk. By doing so, it would put people I love at risk. I couldn't live with myself if something happened to one of my family or friends and it was because I wasn't willing to put my ANYTHING on hold. Nothing is as important as life itself.

As for the people that are lucky enough to have not been in contact or have anyone close be in contact:

Count your blessings....

Again, thanks AZB!!!!

Jeff
Awesome

Kd

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Hey folks,

Count your blessings....

Again, thanks AZB!!!!

Jeff

Good, or should I say GREAT NEWS.