Kamui Tips

RedTail

Registered
Hello,
I was wandering what yalls experience is between a medium and soft tip. I often hit the ball hard and was wandering if a soft would help? Also, having trouble with my draw so thinking that the soft would be better. I understand that the soft grips the ball more....(which I dont know what that really means). Trying to figure out whether the Kamui medium or soft would be better for my Meucci.
Thanks in advance!
Red

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello,
I was wandering what yalls experience is between a medium and soft tip. I often hit the ball hard and was wandering if a soft would help? Also, having trouble with my draw so thinking that the soft would be better. I understand that the soft grips the ball more....(which I dont know what that really means). Trying to figure out whether the Kamui medium or soft would be better for my Meucci.
Thanks in advance!
Red

The black soft would be a medium soft in a few days, medium in about 1 1/2 weeks. Medium hard in 3 weeks. The browns are a little softer. Jmo

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The softer the tip you install, the more the tip will change over it`s lifetime, because of that I try to talk customers over to a medium tip, so they have more consistency.
If your struggeling with draw, in most cases it`s a technique problem and has nothing to do with the tip

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't waste your money on Kamui tips.

I cut my Black Super Soft tips off all my cues and replaced them with Ultra-skin black soft tips. IMO, they are way better than Kamui and you can get 10 of them for about the cost of a single Kamui tip.

Brain71

Railbird
Gold Member
Silver Member
The black soft would be a medium soft in a few days, medium in about 1 1/2 weeks. Medium hard in 3 weeks. The browns are a little softer. Jmo

In my dealings with Michael Webb I would definitely take his words as solid advice. He knows his sh*t.

Tom1234

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In my dealings with Michael Webb I would definitely take his words as solid advice. He knows his sh*t.

I echo this comment. From my experience with Kamui tips (installing and using), Michael is dead on about the tips hardening over time. I have actually had to use my dead blow hammer and a Lenox titanium blade to remove a Kamui SS tip that had been installed less than 2 months. I’m using and installing more UltraSkins now.