Cyclop balls Not good for TV!!!

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
Watching the Chinook Winds right now.
Cyclop balls are being used.
They are the worst balls to try to discern on a stream!
Especially when it is stretched somewhat when watching on TV.
Worst design ever!!
Traditional colors are the best.
Great job by Fast Lenny though. It's not his fault.

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
More importantly...horrible cue ball. Doesn't match rest of set and thus plays funny.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Watching the Chinook Winds right now.
Cyclop balls are being used.
They are the worst balls to try to discern on a stream!
Especially when it is stretched somewhat when watching on TV.
Worst design ever!!
Traditional colors are the best.
Great job by Fast Lenny though. It's not his fault.

Just took a peek. They're using the skittles/TV set. You may prefer the traditional colors but it's pretty easy to tell the balls apart. If not, maybe you need a new/bigger monitor, laptop, or phone. I can also recommend a good optometrist in the STL area :)

Lou Figueroa

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
Just took a peek. They're using the skittles/TV set. You may prefer the traditional colors but it's pretty easy to tell the balls apart. If not, maybe you need a new/bigger monitor, laptop, or phone. I can also recommend a good optometrist in the STL area :)

Lou Figueroa
Roku on a big TV so it is stretched more than my monitor. And Lenny said he only broadcasts in 480.
Still enjoying it. But 9ball Cyclop is my limit. Too many balls with 8ball lol
Watching streams using Aramith is manageable.

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
Corey Deuel shot the 8 ball out of turn. The 7 ball was still on the table.
No excuse but I'm sure he's no fan of the Cyclop either!

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
They're using the new Cyclop red dot CB, introduced at this years DCC. Have you tried it?

Lou Figueroa

No. I have not. But I wasn't the guy who introduced their other product. No excuse for the way that played.

Regards

Nick B

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got a couple of them recently. Do they play differently? Sounds like maybe so.

I think it plays a tad livelier than the red circle but that's just me, In any case it looks way more normal now than the original Cyclop CB with the translucent finish.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No. I have not. But I wasn't the guy who introduced their other product. No excuse for the way that played.

Regards

Nick B

As far as I'm aware it played fine. A little different but then the measles ball plays different that a red circle.

Lou Figueroa

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Never play the cyclops tv ball except at the SBE and it throws me off to the extent that I have to read the number on the ball almost every shot. I am sure 95% of the entrants at the SBE feel the same way. Diamond Billiards supplies the tables and are a big sponsor of the Expo and I believe they make the tv ball also so I don't see it changing any time soon.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just as a general comment: being able to adjust to different equipment is a skill in and of itself. Some tournaments and pool halls use Aramiths or Centennials. At many pool halls these balls have miles and miles on them and there is often a pygmy CB to add to the fun. More and more pool halls are using Cyclop to go with their Diamond tables.

Other times you have to adjust to a measles v a red circle CB. At one major venue in the midwest, players are shuttled from GCs to a Diamond table, from tournament round to tournament round.

Sooooo, like I said, good players learn to adjust regardless of their preferences. I own several sets of balls and have come too peace with all of them. It's the price of being out in the world. OTOH, if you're just going to play in your basement all the time, certainly you should use whatever you prefer.

Lou Figueroa

leto1776

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just as a general comment: being able to adjust to different equipment is a skill in and of itself. Some tournaments and pool halls use Aramiths or Centennials. At many pool halls these balls have miles and miles on them and there is often a pygmy CB to add to the fun. More and more pool halls are using Cyclop to go with their Diamond tables.

Other times you have to adjust to a measles v a red circle CB. At one major venue in the midwest, players are shuttled from GCs to a Diamond table, from tournament round to tournament round.

Sooooo, like I said, good players learn to adjust regardless of their preferences. I own several sets of balls and have come too peace with all of them. It's the price of being out in the world. OTOH, if you're just going to play in your basement all the time, certainly you should use whatever you prefer.

Lou Figueroa

I agree. Seems like people are rehashingthe same complaints from 2014, even after previous problems have been address and fixed.