I'm going to miss pool for a while...

CMarshall

D player at best
Silver Member
We're going on a cruise this weekend for a week. We're going to Mexico for 7 days, Puerto Vallarta and Cabo San Lucas. I'm going to have pool withdraws, I'm afraid?!?! I guess a break (no pun intended) is good?

I'm so accustom to playing daily, I have my own table in my Man Cave. It's pretty much the hub of our house. It's adjacent to the kitchen and I have a bar as well.

I checked a while back, there is no pool table on the ship, dammit! This will be the longest i've been away from my table in quite some time. I think if i try to find a place to play in Mexico, my family will freak out!

Anyone else have experiences like this? Is a break good?

curacao2

Registered
I was on a cruise a few weeks ago, ship did have a pool table but at $3 a game on a 6ft table with extreme roll it was pretty bad.
Just enjoy the vacation and download a few good pool matches to watch while relaxing.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is not good. Yer fukked.

Give away all your pool stuff before you go, you wont be needing it upon return.

I want all cues.

Only chance you got to ovrcome this hobby-ending event is to drink a lotta booze at all hours.

You must drown the devil...very close, comatose.

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I went on a Royal Caribian cruise and they had 2 -9 ft, leveling pool tables. The cloth was a bit heavy but all in all, great tables. I would play every morning for about an hour. Best cruise I ever went on.

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
Several years ago me and my second wife went on a cruise to Cabo San Cabo.
On the second day of our trip we were walking down one of the streets in the village when we were set upon by local banditos and my wife was kidnapped.
Finally, after almost three years, the ransom demands stopped and the last I heard she was driving a taxi in Puerto Mohito.
I have to say it was one of the best cruises I was ever on. :smile:

P.S. I don't remember the ship having a pool table, though.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Several years ago me and my second wife went on a cruise to Cabo San Cabo.
On the second day of our trip we were walking down one of the streets in the village when we were set upon by local banditos and my wife was kidnapped.
Finally, after almost three years, the ransom demands stopped and the last I heard she was driving a taxi in Puerto Mohito.
I have to say it was one of the best cruises I was ever on. :smile:

P.S. I don't remember the ship having a pool table, though.

LOL! Reminds me of an Oregon lottery ad some years back. Camera close up of a guy saying that he'd promised his wife a world cruise if he won the Megabucks game. Next shot showed him waving to a cruise ship as it pulled away from the dock, he saying "Bon Voyage, dear."..

michael4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
one week is a short break.....

I would say your level of play will only drop by about 2 balls.....:thumbup:

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Cruise

I've been to Puerto Vallarta,Puerto Escondido Oaxaca and a few surrounding areas.Oaxaca is a beautiful place.
I roamed around and found a pool room local in that area.
Check out the nude beach and the potent drinks'

Jet ski rentals are a good time too.

Enjoy and be safe- take pictures of the stone formation as you cruise the port. That is neat stuff.

Rob.M

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't do it, you will have to start all over!
Seriously, enjoy yourself , have fun at something else for a week.
Don't do anything, except show your family the best time you can, pool will be here next week, right where you left it.
You might be surprised, sometimes a short layoff actually helps your game.
Have a great time!

GideonF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My advice to any pool player going on vacation- bring chalk and a tip tool.

You never know when you may stumble upon a table (I found one at a resort in Costa Rica when it said nothing about it in the brochure) but there is a very good chance there will be at best tiny bits of chalk and tips in need of work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Seems to me that you could've solved this problem without leaving home.
....just watch Color of Money.

...your old lady can watch Cruise....you can watch the pool.