UltraSkin Layered Cue Tip Reviews

john coloccia

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sunday bump...... ;)

Hey, seriously. I've tried a good number of layered tips, and at any price the UltraSkin is the only one I like. I've been playing the Hard. Going to try the medium next. The hard does require a bit of maintenance to hold chalk, but nothing more than lightly rolling it against some sandpaper. I just picked up a Last4Ever tool, and just rolling that over the tip does the job too.

john coloccia

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks John, I have 6 different Hardness to try to fit the many's needs.

You're very welcome, Tom. For guys wondering what to try, to me the medium feels like when you get one of the really good, firm Le Pros. Used to be that you got a bunch in the box of 50, and now you maybe get one or two. :(

When I started playing again, I grew frustrated with how many LePros I had to go through to find a good one, so I finally switched everything over to Triangles, my other go to tip for years. Then I tried a ton of layered tips and cut everyone off within a day and went back to Triangle.

I've since cut every playing tip off and switched to US Mediums. It feels like I'm back in my comfort zone. I think any old timers like me (40+, maybe) that remember what it's like when you get one of the GOOD Le Pros would be very happy. It holds chalk great, too. Honestly, it's the first time I've started playing again that SOMETHING about my tip hasn't bugged me.

Nonyamuff

Always behind the 8-ball
Silver Member
I love my triangles...but I may need to try one of these. Decent price point also.