What A Dilemma

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
I'm not happy posting this thread but these are special circumstances and it'll be good to get off my chest.

I've been doing a great job, l think, of isolating myself plus being careful about what and who comes in my house plus I'm limiting any away from home risks very well, too.

Well about 5 days ago I started getting intermittent chills and they would come on like attacks, staying for anywhere from 15 min to an hour or more. Gradually they've been coming more frequently and since I have autoimmune issues triggered by an awful case of neuro Lyme disease, I was writing off this latest round of symptoms to that.

Last night the chills became severe and my legs went weak and rubbery and added to that, I'm now also getting low grade fevers, not exactly a sore throat but some discomfort there, minor cough, and very infrequent nausea. All of this makes me think could it be Corona. Other than taking in my mail (carefully) I did have one buddy, Russian Paul, stop by just over a week ago with some N95 masks for me. I actually limited our contact to talking out my window with him well over 6 ft away and he left the box of masks on my front porch. At that time I wasn't being as careful and so when he left I brought them inside without disinfecting or washing after, so there's that poss exposure. Not trying to over think things but Paul told me this morning that his wife who is a nurse who rotates between 3 local hospitals cared for a couple corona positive patients during the past week and she is now showing symptoms incl fever. Paul said he is starting to get a sore throat himself, so who knows.

Last night during the overnight, I was feeling awful and it got so bad I came close to calling an ambulance twice, but managed to tough it out because being at an ER is the last place I'd want to be now. Today has been better but still not very good.

Called my doc at the VA this morning, he wants to rule out Corona so he emailed me a script for a test. I went to 2 local hospitals who were doing drive in tests, both ran out of kits. Drove 40 miles to another one and got swabbed.

if I had to bet I'd say no it isn't corona but whatever it is I'm not loving it.

So the dilemma:

There couldn't be a worse time to get sick with anything that requires hospital attention, it really becomes gut check time.

hopefully, I'll manage to avoid any hospital visit, and the test will cooperate, too.

Strange times we're in.

best,
brian kc

Last edited:

tusmadpark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hang in there. The next few days will very stressful. Try to stay occupied if possible to take your mind off the wait for results.

I got back from Rome on 2/13. Then a week in McAllen Texas for work. Followed y a few days in Disney World and finally the Big Ten Wresting g Championship in NJ. I go back to work and a coworker gets Corona and puts my who division on a 14 day self-quarantine. That was up yesterday.

Stay positive!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Wow Brian, I truly understand. Wishing you the best. My daughter also is showing symptoms and was tested two days ago - results should be back today or tomorrow. The main symptoms are fever and fatigue, dry cough. 20% of the fevers are low grade.

From what you've said, I don't think you've got it.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Hang in there, fella. I'm hoping for the best for you.

These are challenging times that have us all backed into a corner, but we are all forced to meet our round-the-clock apprehension with steadfast courage. For me, it doesn't come naturally.

Wishing you everything good, my friend, as you navigate these tough times.

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Aww. I probably have Corona too but I am only 44. Been sick 4 days and hands and feet are hurting too. Not too bad anyway. I just hope I could take test too so I could be sure what this is.. Can´t see my woman because I caught this flu.. I am lonely. I was installing tables to local poolhall(it was closed) and heard cleaner got sick. Then I decided to stay away from everyone and waited couple days and this came...

Stay Strong KC!

SeaBrisket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Feel better, man. The plain old flu is also knocking people on their asses this year. A coworker had it and was in bed for a week, tested negative for COVID.