Was bored over the weekend

joe c

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I started an 8 pionter.Nicely figured thuya burl handle and a curly maple forearm,4 long cocobollo/white,red and black veneers 4 short holly/red and black veneers.Still up in the air for ringwork and inlays.So fire in some ideas!!
Thanks Joe Callaluca
Callaluca cues
Hudson,N.H.
001-31.jpg

003-35.jpg

002-31.jpg

005-27.jpg

Rodney

hot7339
Silver Member
Wow, your bored gives my bored the orange crush!

I can't give you any ideas, but very nice work.

Rodney

joe c

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Rodney,You need to come out of the closet and build some cues.Hope to see you soon.
Soulhassorrow,Those are ivory propellers.Someone in the air force would love this cue.
Thanks Joe Callaluca

pooln8r

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If that's what bored looks like, I'd really like to see what you do when you challenge yourself:D

Here's my take on the inlay and rings.
I think for inlays some medium sized slightly curved ivory spears would look great in the cocobolo points with or without two ivory dots below the spear near the curved sides of the bottom of each spear.

Ivory and cocobolo dash rings with thin silver rings on each side of them could go at A,B,C,D and E.

With the same ivory spears in the butt portion but two of them for each cocobolo point positioned up and down with two horizontally placed dots indexed for each bottom edge of the holly points in the forearm. I was basing this on you using cocobolo for the buttsleeve.