Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page What I believe is the most pure form of pool
Page 4 of 4 « First 234

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#46)
alphadog
AzB Silver Member
alphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

11-11-2012, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Harriman View Post
There are many banks that must be hit thin in order to make, plus combinations make the game more difficult to film. I am talking about what I think would be marketable from a filming standpoint.I agreet that position and some facets of the game as we know it would be lessoned to a certain degree. There is nothing much more colorful than that watching Glen Rogers dance around banking the lights out like a smooth banking machine ( just an example). A format in which both players would not play safe too much would bring out more offensive shots.
You have a great idea about a game to be promoted,it is entertaining as well as simple to understand. That does not make it "pure". Luck rears it ugly head in balls ending in bad postion and scratch kisses! And rack mechanics still enter into the game.

A bull without horns is still dangerous.

Law of logical arguement-Anything is possible when you dont know what you are talking about.

Old
  (#47)
Hungarian
AzB Silver Member
Hungarian has a reputation beyond reputeHungarian has a reputation beyond reputeHungarian has a reputation beyond reputeHungarian has a reputation beyond reputeHungarian has a reputation beyond reputeHungarian has a reputation beyond reputeHungarian has a reputation beyond reputeHungarian has a reputation beyond reputeHungarian has a reputation beyond reputeHungarian has a reputation beyond reputeHungarian has a reputation beyond repute

11-11-2012, 12:10 PM

Wow Danny. Nice post Sir!!! That's a very big post by you my friend!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Harriman View Post
I would like to take this oppurtunity to apolagize to Justin from TAR for some of the comments I have made directed towards him here on this forum, the match between JS and myself was to say the least interesting. I was honored to have been invited to compete even though there was a communication slip between Justin and myself for the 3rd match. That having been said I guess I will believe him in that I would have been offered the same monetary amount to play the 3rd match that Justin said he raised for JS when JS turned down his offer. I would also offer my condolences to the TAR crew, Big Chad had plenty of heart and I know he loved pool as I believe Justin does also. So again thanks to Duff (Side Pockets - Lees Summitt, MO), Scott Edwards,(Lees Summitt,MO) and all of the TAR crew.

Sincerley, Danny Harriman

No worries on the rack
Old
  (#48)
Danny Harriman
One of the best in 14.1
Danny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond repute

No worries on the rack - 11-14-2012, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphadog View Post
You have a great idea about a game to be promoted,it is entertaining as well as simple to understand. That does not make it "pure". Luck rears it ugly head in balls ending in bad postion and scratch kisses! And rack mechanics still enter into the game.
I would break safe playing most top flight competition - THE RACK MECHANICS DON'T HAVE A HORSE IN THE RACE Period, and yes this is relative to the game being pure. In short rack, it's all about the wing ball rack your own, loser rack, it's a lose lose situation. Full rack with the rack tapped there are too many balls rolling around and no wired balls as in 9 ball bank (short rack). I am not sure but I believe two object balls plus the cue ball = a legal opening break in full rack (which is the only way to see bank pool played correctly. If playing a race to 23 (Full Rack) I would break according to the score and or how I feel. We need the camera crew that films snooker matches and the game here in the states should be bank pool.

Page 4 of 4 « First 234

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: