Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page Republicans To Enact Gas Tax Hike
Page 2 of 2 12

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
chefjeff
No sides, only players
chefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

02-21-2013, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjb View Post
Of course it's an increase. In fact, it's a massive (71%) increase.

I understand that Wyoming's pre-increase gas tax is lower than all its neighbors, and I understand that even after the increase it will still be relatively low. What I'm struggling to understand is how the GOP can present itself as the party of lowering taxes, and then raise taxes when it is in complete control of the state government.

Republicans constantly harp about lower taxes stimulating economic growth, creating jobs, and actually increasing total revenue taken in by the government. If those things are true, and tax increases are the job-killing, growth-stifling, government-growing actions only democrats love, then why would republicans proactively enact a 71% tax hike?
One of the confusing factors is inflation and as one said here, pricing per gallon. That means the current taxes no longer cover the increased prices (due to inflation) of maintaining the roads (I'm being nice here assuming the gas tax is actually used for just the transportation system, even though I highly doubt that is the case).

These are but a few examples of why statism contorts reality to such a degree that more legislation (at least twice as much) is needed to "solve" the problem caused by the first batch of coercive legislation. Rinse repeat until empire collapse.

But that is economics, not motivation so much. The Rs motivation to take what they can via the state is the exact same as the Ds. I've always said that I like the Ds just a bit more than the Rs because the Ds tell you up front that you're going to get an azz fugging, while the Rs claim azz fugging is immoral, and then they fug you in the azz but claim it is ok because their lube is better than than the Ds lube.

Meanwhile, your butt hurts.

Jeff Livingston

Old
  (#17)
chefjeff
No sides, only players
chefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond repute

02-21-2013, 07:08 AM

Quote:
First of all, you wouldn't recognize "logic" if it slapped you in the face.

Tell me, do you also view the recent hike in the federal income tax rate as a legislative "solution?" After all, it was enacted by the US legislature, which is accountable to US voters.
Good question!

It is here where the evil govt somehow, some way, magically becomes necessary!

Sev, popcorn!

Jeff Livingston

Old
  (#18)
Sev
I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Sev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond repute

02-21-2013, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefjeff View Post
Good question!

It is here where the evil govt somehow, some way, magically becomes necessary!

Sev, popcorn!

Jeff Livingston

Keep your head down and admire the shot.

COVFEFE!!

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”---Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Yep. Sev is smarter than you all."
"I dont know much."
"I'm just a flea along for the ride."--366Robin

Revelations of truth undermine a foundation of belief built on lies.---Sev

Old
  (#19)
j2pac
Marital Slow Learner.

j2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond repute

02-21-2013, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
LMFAO....I just love those damned things...

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire - "What you are shouts so loudly in my ears, I cannot hear what you say." - R.W. Emerson -

TOMAHAWK FERRULE MATERIAL - NO CLICK, JUST BANG.

Old
  (#20)
chefjeff
No sides, only players

02-21-2013, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!

You used coconut oil.

Al Gore, please report to the az forums....calling Al Gore....

Jeff Livingston

Old
  (#21)
michael4
AzB Silver Member
michael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond repute

02-21-2013, 10:31 AM

Quote:

I understand that Wyoming's gas tax is lower than its neighbors, What I'm struggling to understand is how the GOP can present itself as the party of lowering taxes, and then raise taxes
The same way the democratic party can "say" its the party of jobs for the middle class, yet create no jobs. or "say" they are for "closing gitmo" or whatever, and then not follow through.

Because most politicians just tell us what we want to hear, and then do what they wanna do, and the average voter doesnt even notice, and then we keep re-electing them....

Old
  (#22)
BryanBpool
M.T.F.B.
BryanBpool has a reputation beyond reputeBryanBpool has a reputation beyond reputeBryanBpool has a reputation beyond reputeBryanBpool has a reputation beyond reputeBryanBpool has a reputation beyond reputeBryanBpool has a reputation beyond reputeBryanBpool has a reputation beyond reputeBryanBpool has a reputation beyond reputeBryanBpool has a reputation beyond reputeBryanBpool has a reputation beyond reputeBryanBpool has a reputation beyond repute

02-21-2013, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael4 View Post
The same way the democratic party can "say" its the party of jobs for the middle class, yet create no jobs. or "say" they are for "closing gitmo" or whatever, and then not follow through.

Because most politicians just tell us what we want to hear, and then do what they wanna do, and the average voter doesnt even notice, and then we keep re-electing them....
And this is why I will never vote again. ever.

Old
  (#23)
bdcues
AzB Silver Member

bdcues has a reputation beyond reputebdcues has a reputation beyond reputebdcues has a reputation beyond reputebdcues has a reputation beyond reputebdcues has a reputation beyond reputebdcues has a reputation beyond reputebdcues has a reputation beyond reputebdcues has a reputation beyond reputebdcues has a reputation beyond reputebdcues has a reputation beyond reputebdcues has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

02-21-2013, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Of course it's an increase. In fact, it's a massive (71%) increase.

I understand that Wyoming's pre-increase gas tax is lower than all its neighbors, and I understand that even after the increase it will still be relatively low. What I'm struggling to understand is how the GOP can present itself as the party of lowering taxes, and then raise taxes when it is in complete control of the state government.

Republicans constantly harp about lower taxes stimulating economic growth, creating jobs, and actually increasing total revenue taken in by the government. If those things are true, and tax increases are the job-killing, growth-stifling, government-growing actions only democrats love, then why would republicans proactively enact a 71% tax hike?
Massive, yes by %. Massive, no, it's a dime. Tell those that keep printing money causing inflation to stop and no one, R or D, need raise tax rates to keep up. Yelling about which state party is raising the tax is stupid, yell at those that keep inflation going strong instead. The states have a choice, raise taxes or go further into the red. Just consider it a raise in the minimum wage... then you are all for it.

The founding fathers set in place a system where every man was King and every President, including George Washington, has worked to take your rights away, to tax you into slavery, to divide you on political/social and economic lines and to make sure you never find out that your ancestors were King for a day.

Bob Danielson
Check out our newly updated website -
www.bdcuesandcomix.com
bob@bdcuesandcomix.com

Old
  (#24)
sjb
evolving player
sjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond repute

02-21-2013, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdcues View Post
Massive, yes by %. Massive, no, it's a dime. Tell those that keep printing money causing inflation to stop and no one, R or D, need raise tax rates to keep up. Yelling about which state party is raising the tax is stupid, yell at those that keep inflation going strong instead. The states have a choice, raise taxes or go further into the red. Just consider it a raise in the minimum wage... then you are all for it.
I haven't said a thing about the minimum wage, here or anywhere else.

And I'm not yelling. If you want to "yell at those that keep inflation going strong . . . " then go ahead. But even if you could identify the right individuals to yell at, that's pretty stupid.

Old
  (#25)
bdcues
AzB Silver Member

bdcues has a reputation beyond reputebdcues has a reputation beyond reputebdcues has a reputation beyond reputebdcues has a reputation beyond reputebdcues has a reputation beyond reputebdcues has a reputation beyond reputebdcues has a reputation beyond reputebdcues has a reputation beyond reputebdcues has a reputation beyond reputebdcues has a reputation beyond reputebdcues has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

02-21-2013, 12:58 PM

Quote:
I haven't said a thing about the minimum wage, here or anywhere else.

And I'm not yelling. If you want to "yell at those that keep inflation going strong . . . " then go ahead. But even if you could identify the right individuals to yell at, that's pretty stupid.
Your right, you are not yelling. You are trying to convince someone that the R's are hypocrites because they need to raise more tax money to stop budget shortfalls. Nothing new here, neither are the causes. And your right, it is stupid to try and fix the problem when you (those in charge) can just keep raising taxes because the people are too stupid to see where the problem lies.
I don't hear any noise out of the D's in WA state talking about lowering taxes, only about implementing new ones. So which is better, those that only talk about tax increases and implement them or those that at least talk about lowering taxes but have some increases?
And why bother worrying about the value of your money decreasing daily, the gooberment needs it more than you do anyway. The currency wars combined with the banksters manipulation of the gold/silver prices, and the resultant billions in profits from this they have sucked out of the economy, have made buying gold with Dollars cheap for the Chinese who will soon have a gold backed dollar. But don't worry about this, worry about what seems hypocritical with R's raising gas tax. All these bs things, from both sides, are simply by products of the main problem. Fix the problem and many of these issues go away.

The founding fathers set in place a system where every man was King and every President, including George Washington, has worked to take your rights away, to tax you into slavery, to divide you on political/social and economic lines and to make sure you never find out that your ancestors were King for a day.

Bob Danielson
Check out our newly updated website -
www.bdcuesandcomix.com
bob@bdcuesandcomix.com

Page 2 of 2 12

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: