Old
  (#31)
cardiac kid
Super Senior Member
cardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700
  Send a message via Yahoo to cardiac kid  
01-03-2014, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogsPlayingPool View Post
So that is your new road disguise?
Dogs, to finish my disguise I try to shoot a few balls with the bumper end of the cue. Actually make one once in a while . The mark usually figures it out pretty fast!!!!

Lyn

Playing Cue - Sort of Straight
Break Cue - Broken
Jump Cue - Looks Great in my Case!
Wrap - None
Tip - Only When the Service AND Food are Good
Case - JB Cases 4 x 8 Custom Case. Joe Porper Vinyl 2 x 4 (Vegas). Joe Porper 2 x 4 Leather for storage (OK, it's empty)

Nicknames - Dead Money, Salamander, Tomato Can, Weekend Warrior, Short Stop, Banger, Ron Casanzio Wannabe, NIT and the recently added Lamb Slayer in no special order. Wow what a list!

Old
  (#32)
DogsPlayingPool
"What's in your wallet?"
DogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond reputeDogsPlayingPool has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

01-03-2014, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardiac kid View Post
Dogs, to finish my disguise I try to shoot a few balls with the bumper end of the cue. Actually make one once in a while . The mark usually figures it out pretty fast!!!!

Lyn
I do find if struck just right you can get some kick ass masse shots off the rubber end.

"It's not enough that you just have talent, you gotta have character too." - Eddie Felson

Old
  (#33)
tucson9ball
AzB Silver Member
tucson9ball has a reputation beyond reputetucson9ball has a reputation beyond reputetucson9ball has a reputation beyond reputetucson9ball has a reputation beyond reputetucson9ball has a reputation beyond reputetucson9ball has a reputation beyond reputetucson9ball has a reputation beyond reputetucson9ball has a reputation beyond reputetucson9ball has a reputation beyond reputetucson9ball has a reputation beyond reputetucson9ball has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 175

04-02-2014, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CocoboloCowboy View Post
Off base not, you missed the point. We as consumers have the power to spend our money where we like. If we, or you, or the other person has a beef with something that can not be rectified to the point you, I, or the other guy is still unhappy. I say move on, or just don't play.

About 3-4 years ago I had what I will call a bad situation in a sports bar I use to go to twice a month for a tournament. I made my case to the TD about a drunk who was constantly being verbally abusive, and using his outburst as a form of sharking. The TD informed me the guy bought a lot of drinks, and was a personal friend of the owner.

I have not been back to that sports bar in over 4 years, as I had a problem. The problem was not resolved, so I spoke with my dollars.

I am sure they did not miss this only bi weekly players income from a few soft drinks, but I resolved the situation myself by not going to that sports bar any longer.

Call it a boycott or what you want but I made a promise to myself never ever to spend any money in that establishment.

As for the going to Las Vegas it has been 4, or 5 years since I was up in Las Vegas, and never had any desire to play in the BCAPL, or CSI Event. Did go up a could of years just to watch the BCAPL.

Let me get this straight, you went to play pool in a bar and ran into a drunk? Did you think the place would be full Nuns or Priests? Your killin me!!!

Why don't you just say it like it is? Your not a good pool player and you would rather ***** and moan about a well run organization than try to improve your game to the point where you could actually compete.

Ok, I'm done..........

Chris

Old
  (#34)
jgdwvu11
AzB Silver Member
jgdwvu11 has a reputation beyond reputejgdwvu11 has a reputation beyond reputejgdwvu11 has a reputation beyond reputejgdwvu11 has a reputation beyond reputejgdwvu11 has a reputation beyond reputejgdwvu11 has a reputation beyond reputejgdwvu11 has a reputation beyond reputejgdwvu11 has a reputation beyond reputejgdwvu11 has a reputation beyond reputejgdwvu11 has a reputation beyond reputejgdwvu11 has a reputation beyond repute

03-25-2015, 08:11 PM

I have heard all the issues etc and I see both points of the issue. The fees are there to pay for tables and help...but the fees are WAY TO HIGH. $20-$30 for singles and $50 teams are plenty. The BCA makes money off the Rooms and registration fees...no need to make that much money from the AM's to pay the Pros...charge the pros more and get more sponsorship money...very simple...

Billiards has grown over the last 5 years and people are learning a lot about the leagues and the fees...the decline is going to keep happening if the greed doesn't stop...

VNEA is almost dead...NAPA killed themselves last year with the BS...BCA is next in line...time to wake up.

The RIO is top notch so of course the costs are high...I would not be surprised with BCA or CSI get a small % of FNB sales also...the RIO wants you to gamble...you gamble..you pay nothing...very simple...I am a preferred member there...never have paid a dime for anything there...so that is not the issue...the issue is paying multiple green fees and not having enough tables to have practice or gambling time to make up for it...

Eastern Regional Billiards Championship
Tournament Director
Jay Davis

(304) 280-8688

www.facebook.com/easternregionalbilliards

Last edited by jgdwvu11; 03-25-2015 at 08:17 PM.

Old
  (#35)
cardiac kid
Super Senior Member
cardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond reputecardiac kid has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via Yahoo to cardiac kid  
03-25-2015, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgdwvu11 View Post
Billiards has grown over the last 5 years and people are learning a lot about the leagues and the fees...the decline is going to keep happening if the greed doesn't stop...
OK Jay, which is it? Billiards is growing or is it declining? Am I missing something?

Lyn

Playing Cue - Sort of Straight
Break Cue - Broken
Jump Cue - Looks Great in my Case!
Wrap - None
Tip - Only When the Service AND Food are Good
Case - JB Cases 4 x 8 Custom Case. Joe Porper Vinyl 2 x 4 (Vegas). Joe Porper 2 x 4 Leather for storage (OK, it's empty)

Nicknames - Dead Money, Salamander, Tomato Can, Weekend Warrior, Short Stop, Banger, Ron Casanzio Wannabe, NIT and the recently added Lamb Slayer in no special order. Wow what a list!

Old
  (#36)
RackRunner
Property of RackRunner
RackRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRackRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRackRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRackRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRackRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRackRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRackRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRackRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRackRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRackRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRackRunner has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to RackRunner  
06-05-2015, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty_B View Post
I'll preface this by saying this was the first time I'd been to BCAPL Nationals, though I have been to APA Nationals a few times.

I liked the greens fees, but I only played in the 8ball singles, which had a $30 greens fee (I think). That got me 3 days of all-I-could-play, meaning a per-day cost of $10. I think most people would be very happy if their pool hall only charged $10/day. Or, to beak it down differently, I played about 8.5hrs, including practice. That's works out to about $3.50/hr for table time. That's not exactly breaking the bank. Plus, as mentioned earlier, no dealing with tokens AND I also got to watch the pros. No complaints here!

(I can see how it might be different for players there for teams where tables are scarce or for people playing multiple events and paying multiple greens fees.)

As for the venue, I really liked the Rio. Decent rooms and the tournament area was much nicer... seemed roomier and fewer bottlenecks. The food seemed pricier than the Riv, but I think that had more to do with the lack of low-end options. I never thought I'd say it, but I missed that food court at the Riv... maybe it wasn't the best food, but it was quick and (relatively) cheap.

I'm definitely going to be attending BCAPL Nationals many more times.

though I have been to APA Nationals a few times.

And you admitted that in public? LOL

BET SOMETHING!!!

Page 3 of 3 123

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: