Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Alex Giving 2/1 on the Money vs Anyone in the World!
Page 3 of 6 123 45 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old
  (#31)
terryhanna
AzB Silver Member
terryhanna has a reputation beyond reputeterryhanna has a reputation beyond reputeterryhanna has a reputation beyond reputeterryhanna has a reputation beyond reputeterryhanna has a reputation beyond reputeterryhanna has a reputation beyond reputeterryhanna has a reputation beyond reputeterryhanna has a reputation beyond reputeterryhanna has a reputation beyond reputeterryhanna has a reputation beyond reputeterryhanna has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

06-21-2015, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pt109 View Post
went you get to be a top player...there are people that will make games for you whether
you like them or not.
They'll be accused of saying they can give so'n so the last five...when they never said it.

I like your business idea....although i'd like him to get more mainstream...
...alex is very marketable....just acting naturally.
....cues, cases, visors...autos....man has charisma.
( hey, what shoes are those? Pags....i can run racks in these things. )
Name:  alex pag.jpg
Views: 1086
Size:  67.6 KB

Old
  (#32)
pt109
WO double hemlock

pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

06-21-2015, 12:29 PM

Nice, Terry.
He once said " I might not be the best, but I will gamble with the best."

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Not really...,
Old
  (#33)
King T
AzB Silver Member
King T has a reputation beyond reputeKing T has a reputation beyond reputeKing T has a reputation beyond reputeKing T has a reputation beyond reputeKing T has a reputation beyond reputeKing T has a reputation beyond reputeKing T has a reputation beyond reputeKing T has a reputation beyond reputeKing T has a reputation beyond reputeKing T has a reputation beyond reputeKing T has a reputation beyond repute

Not really..., - 06-21-2015, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pt109 View Post
You got two weeks of expenses....and it sounds too much like a job.
Alex is a legitimate high roller himself....he knows what it's like to win and lose 50 thou
in a day's action.

I might be a bit jaded....I've seen more money than that bet on two-ahead...in the 70s
when the money was worth more.

A half mil to a quarter mil might be interesting.....
Alex wasn't around in the 70's and he LOVES to play and LOVES action and shines in the lime light. I know he would be insulated by the bet, he plays tournaments that pay far less and still enjoys the opportunity to display his skills.

He takes all comers and I think he'll be all in on this one.

Old
  (#34)
JumpinJoe
AzB Silver Member
JumpinJoe has a reputation beyond reputeJumpinJoe has a reputation beyond reputeJumpinJoe has a reputation beyond reputeJumpinJoe has a reputation beyond reputeJumpinJoe has a reputation beyond reputeJumpinJoe has a reputation beyond reputeJumpinJoe has a reputation beyond reputeJumpinJoe has a reputation beyond reputeJumpinJoe has a reputation beyond reputeJumpinJoe has a reputation beyond reputeJumpinJoe has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1800

06-21-2015, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iusedtoberich View Post
Yep. This will never happen. The best bet here is to bet that Dippy won't put up 100 to 50 for a 15 ahead, and even if he did, no player will want to play it. lol. Maybe Artie would be the only one. lol.
He will post and bet that, I can assure you

"Pool and smoke been together as long as peanut butter and jelly. Tell SVB stay home." ~Juice~

Who named the Diamond 10 Foot Table? And the Big Foot Invitational? The first to reply, in the thread below, post #63.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showth...=299855&page=5

Old
  (#35)
one stroke
AzB Silver Member
one stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond repute

06-21-2015, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpinJoe View Post
He will post and bet that, I can assure you
Ya ,, that's probably the best bet

Old
  (#36)
otrebor22
AzB Silver Member
otrebor22 has a reputation beyond reputeotrebor22 has a reputation beyond reputeotrebor22 has a reputation beyond reputeotrebor22 has a reputation beyond reputeotrebor22 has a reputation beyond reputeotrebor22 has a reputation beyond reputeotrebor22 has a reputation beyond reputeotrebor22 has a reputation beyond reputeotrebor22 has a reputation beyond reputeotrebor22 has a reputation beyond reputeotrebor22 has a reputation beyond repute

06-21-2015, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryhanna View Post
Attachment 388428

I used to play poker with this guy( 20 something ) who brags that no one in the card room is better than him, One day he came in with a sling and the lady in the table asked him whatever happened to his arm, he replied " I've got a torn rotator cuff ". The lady then said " you better ease up on patting yourself on the back " , it was so funny that the whole table had a chuckle! The moral of the story >>> Dont pat yourself on the back too much lest you gonna have torn rotator cuff or worse still a BROKEN WRIST!

Old
  (#37)
smashmouth
AzB Silver Member
smashmouth has a reputation beyond reputesmashmouth has a reputation beyond reputesmashmouth has a reputation beyond reputesmashmouth has a reputation beyond reputesmashmouth has a reputation beyond reputesmashmouth has a reputation beyond reputesmashmouth has a reputation beyond reputesmashmouth has a reputation beyond reputesmashmouth has a reputation beyond reputesmashmouth has a reputation beyond reputesmashmouth has a reputation beyond repute

06-21-2015, 02:49 PM

for all those who want a crack at Alex, he's a PROVEN world champion and I've known him on many occasions to bet his own cash 50k+

to all current pros on earth;

imo,

if you think you have half a chance, you need to acknowledge that a(you NEED weight and B) he is light years ahead of you as an overall player

he just beat perhaps the world's best one pocket player at his own game, if that match included other games Frost would have probably not even accepted

even Efren can't touch Alex, (has not bet with his own money in decades)

Alex will play anyone any game with his own cash and there are not many left that will do that outside of half dozen guys max maybe, but Alex will advertise it with enough heart to play you in poker after and THEN a sprint, and THEN a streetfight even, lol

they don't call him the lion for nothin

Old
  (#38)
sopadre
AzB Silver Member
sopadre has a reputation beyond reputesopadre has a reputation beyond reputesopadre has a reputation beyond reputesopadre has a reputation beyond reputesopadre has a reputation beyond reputesopadre has a reputation beyond reputesopadre has a reputation beyond reputesopadre has a reputation beyond reputesopadre has a reputation beyond reputesopadre has a reputation beyond reputesopadre has a reputation beyond repute

06-22-2015, 08:05 AM

Just asking..... What do you think would have been the outcome in the match if Alex would have spotted Scott 1 ball? What is the bigger spot,9-8 or8-7 between these two? They are both champs and both played great!!!

Old
  (#39)
ideologist
I don't never exaggerate
ideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond repute

06-22-2015, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sopadre View Post
Just asking..... What do you think would have been the outcome in the match if Alex would have spotted Scott 1 ball? What is the bigger spot,9-8 or8-7 between these two? They are both champs and both played great!!!
8-7 is much bigger. Scott getting to 7 is a bigger spot than Alex getting to 9

Make sure you check your references before you buy on this site. Even a mod here engages in bad business!

Old
  (#40)
gordml
AzB Silver Member
gordml has a reputation beyond reputegordml has a reputation beyond reputegordml has a reputation beyond reputegordml has a reputation beyond reputegordml has a reputation beyond reputegordml has a reputation beyond reputegordml has a reputation beyond reputegordml has a reputation beyond reputegordml has a reputation beyond reputegordml has a reputation beyond reputegordml has a reputation beyond repute

06-22-2015, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sopadre View Post
I think Alex wins giving 8,7, because he won most of his games by running balls.
If it gets down to just a few balls Scott wins that grind out anyway IMO.

Old
  (#41)
Drop The Rock
1652nd on AZ Money List
Drop The Rock has a reputation beyond reputeDrop The Rock has a reputation beyond reputeDrop The Rock has a reputation beyond reputeDrop The Rock has a reputation beyond reputeDrop The Rock has a reputation beyond reputeDrop The Rock has a reputation beyond reputeDrop The Rock has a reputation beyond reputeDrop The Rock has a reputation beyond reputeDrop The Rock has a reputation beyond reputeDrop The Rock has a reputation beyond reputeDrop The Rock has a reputation beyond repute

06-22-2015, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordml View Post
I think Alex wins giving 8,7, because he won most of his games by running balls.
If you think Alex would rather give 8-7 than 9-8 you probably don't know much of absolutely anything about One Pocket. Alex can run 9 I assure you lol. I was almost positive Alex was going to win if the played even. Giving Scott 8-7 is gambling. The match wouldn't be as one sided as this last one I guarantee that. Jumpin Joe, who you like with Alex giving up 8-7 I like Alex still but its tough?

Mathers

Proud Dad, Struggling Pool Player

Old
  (#42)
3RAILKICK
AzB Gold Member
3RAILKICK has a reputation beyond repute3RAILKICK has a reputation beyond repute3RAILKICK has a reputation beyond repute3RAILKICK has a reputation beyond repute3RAILKICK has a reputation beyond repute3RAILKICK has a reputation beyond repute3RAILKICK has a reputation beyond repute3RAILKICK has a reputation beyond repute3RAILKICK has a reputation beyond repute3RAILKICK has a reputation beyond repute3RAILKICK has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

06-22-2015, 08:59 AM

Quote:

Did we get an answer to how many games came down to the last ball?

I only viewed last two days, and only recall one game where they battled for the last ball...for quite a while.

Great match.

Old
  (#43)
gordml
AzB Silver Member
gordml has a reputation beyond reputegordml has a reputation beyond reputegordml has a reputation beyond reputegordml has a reputation beyond reputegordml has a reputation beyond reputegordml has a reputation beyond reputegordml has a reputation beyond reputegordml has a reputation beyond reputegordml has a reputation beyond reputegordml has a reputation beyond reputegordml has a reputation beyond repute

06-22-2015, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop The Rock View Post
If you think Alex would rather give 8-7 than 9-8 you probably don't know much of absolutely anything about One Pocket. Alex can run 9 I assure you lol. I was almost positive Alex was going to win if the played even. Giving Scott 8-7 is gambling. The match wouldn't be as one sided as this last one I guarantee that. Jumpin Joe, who you like with Alex giving up 8-7 I like Alex still but its tough?
I never said 8-7 was better than 9-8. I just said Alex can win giving 8-7

Old
  (#44)
Drop The Rock
1652nd on AZ Money List
Drop The Rock has a reputation beyond reputeDrop The Rock has a reputation beyond reputeDrop The Rock has a reputation beyond reputeDrop The Rock has a reputation beyond reputeDrop The Rock has a reputation beyond reputeDrop The Rock has a reputation beyond reputeDrop The Rock has a reputation beyond reputeDrop The Rock has a reputation beyond reputeDrop The Rock has a reputation beyond reputeDrop The Rock has a reputation beyond reputeDrop The Rock has a reputation beyond repute

06-22-2015, 09:14 AM

Quote:
I never said 8-7 was better than 9-8. I just said Alex can win giving 8-7
Sorry, sounded like you were saying it would be easier for alex to give up 8-7 than 9-8

Mathers

Proud Dad, Struggling Pool Player

Old
  (#45)
pt109
WO double hemlock

pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

06-22-2015, 09:18 AM

Alex played Scott FIVE days to get up 8 games.....
...Alex can't give Scott anything.

Scott is a champion...and it takes a champion to beat him.

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Page 3 of 6 123 45 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: