Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page 'Simpsons' Predicted Trump Presidency in 2000

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
'Simpsons' Predicted Trump Presidency in 2000
Old
  (#1)
sjb
evolving player
sjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

'Simpsons' Predicted Trump Presidency in 2000 - 03-17-2016, 10:41 AM

"The Simpsons" writers had this insanity pegged 16 years ago.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/17/entert...eat/index.html

Old
  (#2)
randallt6
AzB Silver Member
randallt6 has a reputation beyond reputerandallt6 has a reputation beyond reputerandallt6 has a reputation beyond reputerandallt6 has a reputation beyond reputerandallt6 has a reputation beyond reputerandallt6 has a reputation beyond reputerandallt6 has a reputation beyond reputerandallt6 has a reputation beyond reputerandallt6 has a reputation beyond reputerandallt6 has a reputation beyond reputerandallt6 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 642

03-17-2016, 12:09 PM

since Trump has been flirting with the idea of making a presidential run since at least as far back as 1999, such a "prediction" wasn't as prescient as it might seem in retrospect.

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/firs...ird-party-run/

Old
  (#3)
Sev
I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Sev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond repute

03-17-2016, 01:29 PM

Shot down by an NPR lurker. LOL.

Keep your head down and admire the shot.

COVFEFE!!

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”---Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Yep. Sev is smarter than you all."
"I dont know much."
"I'm just a flea along for the ride."--366Robin

Revelations of truth undermine a foundation of belief built on lies.---Sev

Old
  (#4)
sjb
evolving player
sjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond repute

03-17-2016, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
Shot down by an NPR lurker. LOL.
What exactly was "shot down," Sev?

The fact that Trump has flirted with running for President since 1999 doesn't shoot down anything about 'The Simpsons' writer's use in 2000 of his actually running for (and winning) the presidency sometime in the future to illustrate the insanity to which we were headed -- the insanity we are actually in today.

Plus, their timing would seem to be about perfect. I don't know what Lisa Simpson age was supposed to be in 2000 (does it ever change, anyway?), but I'd guess around middle school, which would put her somewhere in the range of 11-14, maybe? For the sake of argument, let's say 11. So she would be eligible to run for president in 2024, when she'd be 35. And if she was taking over for Trump after Trump having served two terms (which of course he would, because he'd certainly be the most terrific president ever), then that would mean he'd have been originally elected in 2016.

Coincidence? I think not.

Old
  (#5)
Sev
I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Sev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond repute

03-17-2016, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjb View Post
What exactly was "shot down," Sev?

The fact that Trump has flirted with running for President since 1999 doesn't shoot down anything about 'The Simpsons' writer's use in 2000 of his actually running for (and winning) the presidency sometime in the future to illustrate the insanity to which we were headed -- the insanity we are actually in today.

Plus, their timing would seem to be about perfect. I don't know what Lisa Simpson age was supposed to be in 2000 (does it ever change, anyway?), but I'd guess around middle school, which would put her somewhere in the range of 11-14, maybe? For the sake of argument, let's say 11. So she would be eligible to run for president in 2024, when she'd be 35. And if she was taking over for Trump after Trump having served two terms (which of course he would, because he'd certainly be the most terrific president ever), then that would mean he'd have been originally elected in 2016.

Coincidence? I think not.
LOL.

Keep your head down and admire the shot.

COVFEFE!!

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”---Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Yep. Sev is smarter than you all."
"I dont know much."
"I'm just a flea along for the ride."--366Robin

Revelations of truth undermine a foundation of belief built on lies.---Sev

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: