Old
  (#31)
tom haney
AzB Silver Member
tom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

04-30-2017, 01:09 PM

Duplicate post. My computer is acting strange!

God bless each and every one of you

Last edited by tom haney; 04-30-2017 at 01:13 PM.

Old
  (#32)
tom haney
AzB Silver Member
tom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond repute

04-30-2017, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofla View Post
Yes, a great fight. Wlad came to fight, instead of jab and hold as had been his past habit for a while now. I haven't seen him mix it up in an action fight like that in a long time. And at age 41, it was just a little short against a worthy champ. How he came back to dominate the last half of the 5th after being knocked down showed great heart (and maybe a little flaw for Joshua).

Do you think they'll do the second fight (per the contract)? If so, before or after a Fury fight to unite those belts?
I agree with your evaluation of the fight.But, I hope there's no rematch. Wlad can do no more than that and I'd like to see him end on an impressive performance against possibly a young Lennox Lewis.You ARE right. If Wilder hit him like Wlad hit him or that had been Wlad a few years ago it would have been light's out. but Wilder's people will never let Wilder get near Joshua. He's too good! In my opinion.

Old
  (#33)
LWW
DEPLORABLE!
LWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

04-30-2017, 01:44 PM

A rematch is a near certainty.

"I can't stand you (LWW). You're one of the worst people I've ever known...You can rot in hell you pathetic loser."
-Bishop-

"Whether or not its a lie is irrelevant."
-Bishop-

"I have better things to do than worry about fact checking whats being published ..."
-336Robin-

"I support Antifa"
-poolfool1957-

"I have high hopes that you (LWW) and your sympathizers will be led to the gallows."
-9BallPaul-

Old
  (#34)
tom haney
AzB Silver Member

04-30-2017, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWW View Post
A rematch is a near certainty.
They have a contract, yes, but Wlad has a lot of money and K2 Promotions and may opt of it. Nothing is a certainty.

Old
  (#35)
Sofla
AzB Silver Member
Sofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond repute

04-30-2017, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom haney View Post
They have a contract, yes, but Wlad has a lot of money and K2 Promotions and may opt of it. Nothing is a certainty.
I think he would love to regain the title.

But I think he'd have to find something in the tape when he reviews it. Something that shows him some tactic to change to win.

Joshua keeps his left hand down. Maybe more right hand leads?

The point of modern propaganda isn't only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.

― Garry Kasparov

... the line separating good and evil passes not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either -- but right through every human heart -- and through all human hearts.

― Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn

Old
  (#36)
tom haney
AzB Silver Member

05-01-2017, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofla View Post
I think he would love to regain the title.

But I think he'd have to find something in the tape when he reviews it. Something that shows him some tactic to change to win.

Joshua keeps his left hand down. Maybe more right hand leads?
Joshua is going to get better. Wlad is going to get older. I'm afraid it will be one-sided next time.

Old
  (#37)
Texas Carom Club
play 1cushion & balkline
Texas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond repute

05-02-2017, 09:53 AM

any news on the maywheather mgcreggor fight?

seems as though things have stalled

3 cushion has killed carom
Royal Pro
the revolution in billiard cloth
-"look how hard this easy game is!"

Old
  (#38)
tom haney
AzB Silver Member

05-02-2017, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beneath_the_sur View Post
any news on the maywheather mgcreggor fight?

seems as though things have stalled
To me it's a circus. Mggreggor(sp?) would kill him with his style of fighting but has zero chance in a boxing match. It's a show. Make em, especially Mayweather, I imagine, a lot of money. He's not one of my favorite people. but smart. Always dictates the terms and MAKES the money!

Old
  (#39)
jokrswylde
AzB Silver Member
jokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond reputejokrswylde has a reputation beyond repute

05-02-2017, 08:36 PM

Quote:
I agree with your evaluation of the fight.But, I hope there's no rematch. Wlad can do no more than that and I'd like to see him end on an impressive performance against possibly a young Lennox Lewis.You ARE right. If Wilder hit him like Wlad hit him or that had been Wlad a few years ago it would have been light's out. but Wilder's people will never let Wilder get near Joshua. He's too good! In my opinion.
I disagree about wilder. He was willing to fight povetkin in Moscow (until the failed drug test). They are both Showtime fighters, both undefeated champions, both hungry, both athletic, both Olympians, and both have dynamite in their hands.

This is the fight that could either cement Joshua as the undisputed champ, or be the start of a great holyfield-riddick bowe type rivalry. This is the fight that could truly signal the return of the heavyweight division. Of course, it is pro boxing, and they will each fight lesser"mandatories" for a few years. We may get to see them fight in the twilight of their careers ala mayweather-pacqiou...

Personally, i think wilder has better defense and is a better counter puncher, while Joshua is better offensively... even their styles promise a good v fight.

As for mcgregor-mayweather, i do not believe mcgregor could land a punch I him if they fought in a phone booth

Old
  (#40)
tom haney
AzB Silver Member

05-03-2017, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokrswylde View Post
I disagree about wilder. He was willing to fight povetkin in Moscow (until the failed drug test). They are both Showtime fighters, both undefeated champions, both hungry, both athletic, both Olympians, and both have dynamite in their hands.

This is the fight that could either cement Joshua as the undisputed champ, or be the start of a great holyfield-riddick bowe type rivalry. This is the fight that could truly signal the return of the heavyweight division. Of course, it is pro boxing, and they will each fight lesser"mandatories" for a few years. We may get to see them fight in the twilight of their careers ala mayweather-pacqiou...

Personally, i think wilder has better defense and is a better counter puncher, while Joshua is better offensively... even their styles promise a good v fight.

As for mcgregor-mayweather, i do not believe mcgregor could land a punch I him if they fought in a phone booth
I think they were regretting the Povetkin fight and tickled to death that they found a way out of it. Other than Stiverne, Wilder has not fought ONE guy who is really a top 25 fighter. Joshua, Wlad, Parker, Ruiz will fight anyone. Povetkin and Ortiz would too if they could get the fights. Everybody wants Wilder. Wilder's people want bums. JMHO.
I certainly agree with you about the Mayweather fight. Easy money for Mayweather.

P.S. I'd love to see a great American Heavy. Until Wilder knocks out somebody other than the stiffs he's being fed, I remain un-convinced.

Last edited by tom haney; 05-03-2017 at 04:59 AM.

Old
  (#41)
Texas Carom Club
play 1cushion & balkline
Texas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond repute

05-03-2017, 07:58 AM

Quote:
To me it's a circus. Mggreggor(sp?) would kill him with his style of fighting but has zero chance in a boxing match. It's a show. Make em, especially Mayweather, I imagine, a lot of money. He's not one of my favorite people. but smart. Always dictates the terms and MAKES the money!

Yes its a circus and yes mcgreggor would kill him if they just fought
But in a boxing ring Thats what floyd will turn it into a boxing match

Circus matches are fun this is not the first match of a boxer vs a traditional martial artist

Also noted ali vs the big japanese man
Randy coutoure vs james tony

3 cushion has killed carom
Royal Pro
the revolution in billiard cloth
-"look how hard this easy game is!"

Old
  (#42)
tom haney
AzB Silver Member

05-03-2017, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beneath_the_sur View Post
Yes its a circus and yes mcgreggor would kill him if they just fought
But in a boxing ring Thats what floyd will turn it into a boxing match

Circus matches are fun this is not the first match of a boxer vs a traditional martial artist

Also noted ali vs the big japanese man
Randy coutoure vs james tony
Years ago Muhammed Ali fought this huge Japanese wrestler, Ioka, or something like that, who just laid on his back and kicked the hell out of Ali's legs. Anybody remember that? Ali was not a happy camper!

Old
  (#43)
dnbnt
Just a little "stituos"
dnbnt has a reputation beyond reputednbnt has a reputation beyond reputednbnt has a reputation beyond reputednbnt has a reputation beyond reputednbnt has a reputation beyond reputednbnt has a reputation beyond reputednbnt has a reputation beyond reputednbnt has a reputation beyond reputednbnt has a reputation beyond reputednbnt has a reputation beyond reputednbnt has a reputation beyond repute

05-04-2017, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Years ago Muhammed Ali fought this huge Japanese wrestler, Ioka, or something like that, who just laid on his back and kicked the hell out of Ali's legs. Anybody remember that? Ali was not a happy camper!
Oddly enough, Judo Gene LeBell refereed that match between Ali & Aoki.

Dave

McDermott D19 camui soft/shooter
McDermott D3 /breaker
Schmelke backup.

The next shot is the only shot that matters. Previous shots are just learning tools - ZPELE
Either use the FIRE or it burns you down - Van Acken

Old
  (#44)
tom haney
AzB Silver Member

05-04-2017, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnbnt View Post
Oddly enough, Judo Gene LeBell refereed that match between Ali & Aoki.

Old
  (#45)
tom haney
AzB Silver Member

05-06-2017, 03:56 PM

Tonight: Canelo Alvarez vs. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.

Who do you like?

I like Canelo, middle round tko.

Page 3 of 5 123 45

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: