Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Earl Strickland Crazy Interview
Page 3 of 3 123

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#31)
Ched
"Hey ... I'm back"!
Ched has a reputation beyond reputeChed has a reputation beyond reputeChed has a reputation beyond reputeChed has a reputation beyond reputeChed has a reputation beyond reputeChed has a reputation beyond reputeChed has a reputation beyond reputeChed has a reputation beyond reputeChed has a reputation beyond reputeChed has a reputation beyond reputeChed has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

03-10-2018, 05:04 PM

Just IMO - but there are times I kind of miss that bygone era that Earl was such a huge part of. The personalities were so 'larger than life'; Earl, Capt'n Hook, Miz, Fats .. they could bring folks to a table before they picked up their cues. In some ways I think pool has sorta passed Earl by. And it's not just pool - but other sports as well. With product placement, and sponsorship being such a big factor in "selling" a sport - the competitors are trained to be so bland these days. I'm not saying I don't just love the talent when watching SVB, Efren, 'The Lion, Darren, and so many others - but it is different from the 70s and 80s.
Earl is Earl, and while he's hardly alone in his little ... outbursts(?) - he is still one of the best at the "showmanship" game. His "personality" is part of what made "The Pearl" such a legend (and no I'm not discounting his skills), but there are times I do kinda miss the old days.

Best always,
Ched

cues: too many, most are pretty decent.

Old
  (#32)
8pack
They call me 2 county !
8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

03-10-2018, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ched View Post
Just IMO - but there are times I kind of miss that bygone era that Earl was such a huge part of. The personalities were so 'larger than life'; Earl, Capt'n Hook, Miz, Fats .. they could bring folks to a table before they picked up their cues. In some ways I think pool has sorta passed Earl by. And it's not just pool - but other sports as well. With product placement, and sponsorship being such a big factor in "selling" a sport - the competitors are trained to be so bland these days. I'm not saying I don't just love the talent when watching SVB, Efren, 'The Lion, Darren, and so many others - but it is different from the 70s and 80s.
Earl is Earl, and while he's hardly alone in his little ... outbursts(?) - he is still one of the best at the "showmanship" game. His "personality" is part of what made "The Pearl" such a legend (and no I'm not discounting his skills), but there are times I do kinda miss the old days.
I think many are missing the old days. Not positive, but I think the mosconi cup is too.

Everyone has photographic memory; some just don't have the film.

Page 3 of 3 123

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: