Old
  (#16)
travislj
AzB Silver Member
travislj has a reputation beyond reputetravislj has a reputation beyond reputetravislj has a reputation beyond reputetravislj has a reputation beyond reputetravislj has a reputation beyond reputetravislj has a reputation beyond reputetravislj has a reputation beyond reputetravislj has a reputation beyond reputetravislj has a reputation beyond reputetravislj has a reputation beyond reputetravislj has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

03-03-2019, 11:56 AM

I have both radial & uniloc Cynergy shafts, both on predator butts and they both line up good at the joint. I would say the uniloc lines up a tad better. Both are good though & I'm kinda picky about this.

Old
  (#17)
Coop1701
AzB Silver Member
Coop1701 has a reputation beyond reputeCoop1701 has a reputation beyond reputeCoop1701 has a reputation beyond reputeCoop1701 has a reputation beyond reputeCoop1701 has a reputation beyond reputeCoop1701 has a reputation beyond reputeCoop1701 has a reputation beyond reputeCoop1701 has a reputation beyond reputeCoop1701 has a reputation beyond reputeCoop1701 has a reputation beyond reputeCoop1701 has a reputation beyond repute

03-13-2019, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattb View Post
I got mine in the other day. 5/16 by 14 to fit my Schon cues. I like it, and everyone who has tried it also likes it. Several, who shoot with the Revo, like the Cuetec better. Myself included.

The sound is better and the ferrule is well liked by all. It breaks up and gives a better color contrast than the Revo.

I guess my only complaint, if you can call it such, is the tip. I may change it out to something else. Anyone change theirs out yet?
I have a 5/16 x 14 too, so it would fit my Mezz. I really like the shaft. Gotta give them props. I do think I am going to change the tip though. I had a sniper tip on my Mezz ex Pro from about a month. I hated it. I think I would like this shaft even more if it had a tip I preferred on it. Thinking about installing a Kamikaze Platinum on it tonight.

Hope.., is not a Tactic.

Old
  (#18)
mattb
AzB Silver Member
mattb has a reputation beyond reputemattb has a reputation beyond reputemattb has a reputation beyond reputemattb has a reputation beyond reputemattb has a reputation beyond reputemattb has a reputation beyond reputemattb has a reputation beyond reputemattb has a reputation beyond reputemattb has a reputation beyond reputemattb has a reputation beyond reputemattb has a reputation beyond repute

03-13-2019, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop1701 View Post
I have a 5/16 x 14 too, so it would fit my Mezz. I really like the shaft. Gotta give them props. I do think I am going to change the tip though. I had a sniper tip on my Mezz ex Pro from about a month. I hated it. I think I would like this shaft even more if it had a tip I preferred on it. Thinking about installing a Kamikaze Platinum on it tonight.
Let us know if you do and what you think.

I have miscued several times with the stock tip. So much so, that I have lost some confidence in it. I am considering options.

10 years ago we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash. Now we have no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash.

I was arrested and the judge said life in prison, or you can join an APA league. I wish now that I had taken the prison term.

Old
  (#19)
TEAM SLO
AzB Silver Member
TEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond repute

03-13-2019, 03:04 PM

Sniper tip did well but I changed mine out to the Kamui clear black medium, may try the soft next. Liked my Cynergy enough to sell the Revo I had and now selling my Becue shaft.

Now waiting to get the Pechauer CF when released.

Old
  (#20)
mattb
AzB Silver Member
mattb has a reputation beyond reputemattb has a reputation beyond reputemattb has a reputation beyond reputemattb has a reputation beyond reputemattb has a reputation beyond reputemattb has a reputation beyond reputemattb has a reputation beyond reputemattb has a reputation beyond reputemattb has a reputation beyond reputemattb has a reputation beyond reputemattb has a reputation beyond repute

03-13-2019, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEAM SLO View Post
Sniper tip did well but I changed mine out to the Kamui clear black medium, may try the soft next. Liked my Cynergy enough to sell the Revo I had and now selling my Becue shaft.

Now waiting to get the Pechauer CF when released.
I may try a soft tip as well. Still deciding what though.

I tried the Jacoby CF at the Derby and really liked it but I think it was a preproduction model because it was thicker that the 12.3 they are selling now. I would really like to get into a 12.75 or so. Everything else seems a touch thin to me. I tried the 12.9 Revo and just did not care for it. It sounded weird and I could not get used to no ferrule. Screwed up my aiming.

10 years ago we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash. Now we have no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash.

I was arrested and the judge said life in prison, or you can join an APA league. I wish now that I had taken the prison term.

Old
  (#21)
Coop1701
AzB Silver Member
Coop1701 has a reputation beyond reputeCoop1701 has a reputation beyond reputeCoop1701 has a reputation beyond reputeCoop1701 has a reputation beyond reputeCoop1701 has a reputation beyond reputeCoop1701 has a reputation beyond reputeCoop1701 has a reputation beyond reputeCoop1701 has a reputation beyond reputeCoop1701 has a reputation beyond reputeCoop1701 has a reputation beyond reputeCoop1701 has a reputation beyond repute

03-14-2019, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Let us know if you do and what you think.

I have miscued several times with the stock tip. So much so, that I have lost some confidence in it. I am considering options.
I'll keep you posted. Is it me or what? When you miscue with the Cynergy. Doesn't it sound and feel worse than normal...? I have done it a few times myself. That's why I am really thinking about swapping the tip out. It plays great with the Sniper. Moving the ball around is easy. Just having issues with slower english shots.

Hope.., is not a Tactic.

Old
  (#22)
mattb
AzB Silver Member

03-14-2019, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop1701 View Post
I'll keep you posted. Is it me or what? When you miscue with the Cynergy. Doesn't it sound and feel worse than normal...? I have done it a few times myself. That's why I am really thinking about swapping the tip out. It plays great with the Sniper. Moving the ball around is easy. Just having issues with slower english shots.
The miscue sounds like nails on a chalkboard. It is terrible. I have found if you chalk vigorously and after every single shot it doesn't happen quite as often but I have never chalked this much with any other tip.

Old
  (#23)
Coop1701
AzB Silver Member

03-15-2019, 01:17 PM

Quote:
The miscue sounds like nails on a chalkboard. It is terrible. I have found if you chalk vigorously and after every single shot it doesn't happen quite as often but I have never chalked this much with any other tip.
I changed to a Kamikaze Platinum last night. Didn't get to shoot with it for very long. But feel good and since that is the tip I am use to. Let's hope I will love that Cynergy even more.

Hope.., is not a Tactic.

Old
  (#24)
juvecoop
AzB Bronze Member
juvecoop is on a distinguished road

03-19-2019, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marky Mark View Post
I guess if you manhandle the shaft then yes it eventually show signs of such.

Regarding my comment on the shaft not fittIng well, it is flush when put together. maybe Iím just used to the shaft having a thin black collar on the Revo vs Cuetecís slightly thicker collar.

I will give it a fair shake by trying it out & report back here.
Any update with how this hits in comparison to the Revo? I just sold my 12.4 and looking at either this or the Jacoby Black.

Old
  (#25)
mattb
AzB Silver Member

03-19-2019, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juvecoop View Post
Any update with how this hits in comparison to the Revo? I just sold my 12.4 and looking at either this or the Jacoby Black.
I tried a revo and the hit seemed in the same ball park. Not really sure either excels above the other if comparing hit alone.

A few things stand out with the Cuetec.

The sound is better. Not the same as wood but much closer than the Revo. The Revo has a hollow, unnatural sound to me.

The white sighting ferrule on the Cuetec has made adjustment that much easier. With no ferrule on the Revo, my speed control seemed off. Maybe I would adjust to it if I used it full time. Maybe not.

The Cuetec has a super long pro taper which everyone (including Revo users that have tried mine) seems to like better.

Old
  (#26)
TEAM SLO
AzB Silver Member
TEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond repute

03-19-2019, 08:51 AM

Quote:
I tried a revo and the hit seemed in the same ball park. Not really sure either excels above the other if comparing hit alone.

The sound is better. Not the same as wood but much closer than the Revo. The Revo has a hollow, unnatural sound to me.

The white sighting ferrule on the Cuetec has made adjustment that much easier. With no ferrule on the Revo, my speed control seemed off. Maybe I would adjust to it if I used it full time. Maybe not.

The Cuetec has a super long pro taper which everyone (including Revo users that have tried mine) seems to like better.
I agree with what Matt has mentioned already

Old
  (#27)
juvecoop
AzB Bronze Member

03-19-2019, 02:17 PM

The sounds of the Revo started to bother me as well along with the taper. So now Iím debating between this or the black.

Old
  (#28)
SouthernDraw
AzB Silver Member
SouthernDraw has a reputation beyond reputeSouthernDraw has a reputation beyond reputeSouthernDraw has a reputation beyond reputeSouthernDraw has a reputation beyond reputeSouthernDraw has a reputation beyond reputeSouthernDraw has a reputation beyond reputeSouthernDraw has a reputation beyond reputeSouthernDraw has a reputation beyond reputeSouthernDraw has a reputation beyond reputeSouthernDraw has a reputation beyond reputeSouthernDraw has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

03-20-2019, 02:46 PM

Quote:

Thanks for sharing.

I'm looking forward to getting mine in the next couple days. I've played bumper-less most of my life, so I don't mind tings or sounds. But, I really wanted a pro-taper. Conical shafts feel to loose to me. Also glad that it has a white ferrule to help with sighting.

Old
  (#29)
juvecoop
AzB Bronze Member

03-20-2019, 02:57 PM

Please keep us updated on your thoughts on it when it comes in. What joint are you getting?

Old
  (#30)
Ill Gotten Gain
AzB Silver Member
Ill Gotten Gain has a reputation beyond reputeIll Gotten Gain has a reputation beyond reputeIll Gotten Gain has a reputation beyond reputeIll Gotten Gain has a reputation beyond reputeIll Gotten Gain has a reputation beyond reputeIll Gotten Gain has a reputation beyond reputeIll Gotten Gain has a reputation beyond reputeIll Gotten Gain has a reputation beyond reputeIll Gotten Gain has a reputation beyond reputeIll Gotten Gain has a reputation beyond reputeIll Gotten Gain has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 875

03-20-2019, 04:09 PM

Why not just have cue repairman put the revo on a lathe a paint a 1/4" white stripe at the end of the shaft? Maybe a piece of white auto pin stripe tape

Page 2 of 5 12 34 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: