Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Ask The Cuemaker
Reload this Page Converting a 1pc snooker cue to 2 piece

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Converting a 1pc snooker cue to 2 piece
Old
  (#1)
johnnysd
AzB Silver Member
johnnysd has a reputation beyond reputejohnnysd has a reputation beyond reputejohnnysd has a reputation beyond reputejohnnysd has a reputation beyond reputejohnnysd has a reputation beyond reputejohnnysd has a reputation beyond reputejohnnysd has a reputation beyond reputejohnnysd has a reputation beyond reputejohnnysd has a reputation beyond reputejohnnysd has a reputation beyond reputejohnnysd has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Converting a 1pc snooker cue to 2 piece - 03-27-2019, 11:10 AM

I want to get a snooker cue but I also want it to be a 2pc so I can use it in my normal case. I want an actual snooker cue not a shaft for a regular cue as I change my regular cues too often.

Considering buying a nice high mid-range one piece like a Maximus Legend Plus and then having it converted here to a 2pc.

There are cuemakers that can make the conversion in the UK, but they generally want to use brass joints which are heavy.

I would prefer to keep the added weight down as much as possible and also to keep the 1pc snooker cue feel.

Would converting using a G10 radial resin pin be the best approach?

I will not be doing the conversion myself.

Old
  (#2)
Kim Bye
AzB Silver Member
Kim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond reputeKim Bye has a reputation beyond repute

03-27-2019, 03:23 PM

Having done quite a bit of work on snookercues lately, I can tell you that even some of the high-end stuff is frustrating to work on, nothing is truly round, the brass hardware is just kinda mounted in the center, nothing is nice and flush etc. I wouldn't even consider doing such a job. Why don't you buy one of the Mezz snooker cues, two piece, with proper machining, laminated maple shaft and they play lights out right out of the box, as a cue should.

Cold silence
has a tendency
to atrophy any
sense of compassion

Old
  (#3)
johnnysd
AzB Silver Member
johnnysd has a reputation beyond reputejohnnysd has a reputation beyond reputejohnnysd has a reputation beyond reputejohnnysd has a reputation beyond reputejohnnysd has a reputation beyond reputejohnnysd has a reputation beyond reputejohnnysd has a reputation beyond reputejohnnysd has a reputation beyond reputejohnnysd has a reputation beyond reputejohnnysd has a reputation beyond reputejohnnysd has a reputation beyond repute

03-27-2019, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Bye View Post
Having done quite a bit of work snookercues lately, I can tell you that even some of the high-end stuff is frustrating to work on, nothing is truly round, the brass hardware is just kinda mounted in the center, nothing is nice and flush etc. I wouldn't even consider doing such a job. Why don't you buy one of the Mezz snooker cues, two piece, with proper machining, laminated maple shaft and they play lights out right out of the box, as a cue should.
Appreciate the feedback. Mezz really wouldn't fit my needs as they are 3/4 jointed, and also $900. Don't really want to do the 2 case thing. If I went to 2 cases, I would just buy a nice mid-range 1pc snooker cue and just deal with it. Peradon makes a decent 2 piece bit I want to get something a little nicer.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: