Old
  (#841)
lfigueroa
AzB Silver Member
lfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

09-28-2019, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyJeff87 View Post
Man this is still going on lol...

Lou - have you ever seen John polish balls during a run? You have mentioned it many times now and have intimated that he polishes them in a machine before every break shot so they will spread better, thus cheating. I’ve never seen him do it or heard of it from anyone but you, who has been proven to be a non objective participant in this situation lol.

Xradarx - are you claiming to be Frank Alamanza? Also...can you actually play pool at all?

You know he played on a table with big 5” pockets?

I have not intimated anything that I recall.

In fact, just a bit back in this thread, I said something to the effect that I had absolutely no idea if there was any ball polishing going on during the 626. My recollection is that the issue was brought to a head by one stroke who specifically asked me about ball polishing but just as a general topic for discussion. Have I seen JS polish them up "often" during a run? Yes, and I seem to recall he and I had some interesting repartee about the subject back when it happened. Was it going on during the 626? No idea.

Lou Figueroa

Old
  (#842)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
09-28-2019, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfigueroa View Post

In fact, just a bit back in this thread, I said something to the effect that I had absolutely no idea if there was any ball polishing going on during the 626. My recollection is that the issue was brought to a head by one stroke who specifically asked me about ball polishing but just as a general topic for discussion. Have I seen JS polish them up "often" during a run? Yes, and I seem to recall he and I had some interesting repartee about the subject back when it happened. Was it going on during the 626? No idea.

Lou Figueroa
And we also really have no idea about cleaning of the balls during the 526 either.

Old
  (#843)
lfigueroa
AzB Silver Member
lfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond repute

09-28-2019, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Balled View Post
And we also really have no idea about cleaning of the balls during the 526 either.

He ran the 526 in just over two hours, around four balls a minute -- no time to polish the balls ;-)

Lou Figueroa

Old
  (#844)
JazzyJeff87
AzB Plutonium Member
JazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond repute

09-28-2019, 12:52 PM

Quote:

Lou Figueroa
Bringing it up in every thread that has to do with this run counts in my book, PR techniques. Casting shadows.

Which reminds me. Eyedea - even shadows have shadows. A very good song.

Do you consider wiping them down with a rag to be polishing? I guess technically he could have something on the rag though and we’d never know,

Old
  (#845)
lfigueroa
AzB Silver Member

09-28-2019, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Bringing it up in every thread that has to do with this run counts in my book, PR techniques. Casting shadows.

Which reminds me. Eyedea - even shadows have shadows. A very good song.

Do you consider wiping them down with a rag to be polishing? I guess technically he could have something on the rag though and we’d never know,

Well, like I said, I was responding to a query from one stroke.

If you want to talk about PR front loading we could try talking about press releases, BCA certification, congratulations from other pros, and a promo video before seeing the actual run. Personally, I'd like to watch the movie itself before voting it an Oscar for best picture.

As you've point out, wiping them down with a rag is problematic because there's no way of knowing what's on the rag. I know DH has voiced a problem with opponents using a rag.

Lou Figueroa

JS626 polish balls
Old
  (#846)
xradarx
AzB Silver Member
xradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond repute

JS626 polish balls - 09-28-2019, 01:05 PM

Doug Desmond's gloves. He touched every ball racked from start to finish. Just another innocent bystander, not. I didn't see his gloves listed in the sponsor's list.

Old
  (#847)
JazzyJeff87
AzB Plutonium Member
JazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond repute

09-28-2019, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Well, like I said, I was responding to a query from one stroke.

If you want to talk about PR front loading we could try talking about press releases, BCA certification, congratulations from other pros, and a promo video before seeing the actual run. Personally, I'd like to watch the movie itself before voting it an Oscar for best picture.

As you've point out, wiping them down with a rag is problematic because there's no way of knowing what's on the rag. I know DH has voiced a problem with opponents using a rag.

Lou Figueroa

Fair enough. I’d also like to see. If we say it often, and loudly enough, it just might happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xradarx View Post
Doug Desmond's gloves. He touched every ball racked from start to finish. Just another innocent bystander, not. I didn't see his gloves listed in the sponsor's list.
Lol...what up Balls?

Old
  (#848)
lfigueroa
AzB Silver Member

09-28-2019, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Fair enough. I’d also like to see. If we say it often, and loudly enough, it just might happen.

I beginning to wonder if we'll ever see an unedited version released.

Lou Figueroa

Old
  (#849)
poolguy4u
AzB Silver Member
poolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond repute

09-28-2019, 01:18 PM

Quote:
I beginning to wonder if we'll ever see an unedited version released.

Lou Figueroa

That will be unlikely.

Old
  (#850)
logical
sarcasm while you wait
logical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

09-28-2019, 01:20 PM

Quote:
He ran the 526 in just over two hours, around four balls a minute -- no time to polish the balls ;-)

Lou Figueroa
I thought that 2 hour-ish time was the portion after the exhibition match ended and he was already at 150 or 200.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Old
  (#851)
lfigueroa
AzB Silver Member

09-28-2019, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
I thought that 2 hour-ish time was the portion after the exhibition match ended and he was already at 150 or 200.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

No, according to his autobiography: "I was playing a two-hundred-point match against an amateur by the name of Earl Bruney in the East High Billiard Club. He made three balls off the break, them I ran two hundred and just kept going. The run took two hours and ten minutes, which means that over that span I averaged four balls a minute."

If you figure in time to collect the balls and rack them almost 40 times he might have been closer to five balls a minute.

Lou Figueroa

Old
  (#852)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member
jrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond repute

09-28-2019, 03:16 PM

Quote:

Lol...what up Balls?
Come on JJ, you know he don't have any of those.

I knew a fellow that thought he was a good boxer because he was in a position to befriend a lot of "professional boxers". It cost him azzwhippens till he realized he wasn't what he thought/wished he was.

Do you know anyone like the "wannabe" boxer in the pool world?

js626 Video status???
Old
  (#853)
xradarx
AzB Silver Member
xradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond repute

js626 Video status??? - 09-28-2019, 03:25 PM

Never going to see the video. You can see this one though. https://youtu.be/xBb6Bp496oQ?t=22

Old
  (#854)
DynoDan
AzB Silver Member
DynoDan has a reputation beyond reputeDynoDan has a reputation beyond reputeDynoDan has a reputation beyond reputeDynoDan has a reputation beyond reputeDynoDan has a reputation beyond reputeDynoDan has a reputation beyond reputeDynoDan has a reputation beyond reputeDynoDan has a reputation beyond reputeDynoDan has a reputation beyond reputeDynoDan has a reputation beyond reputeDynoDan has a reputation beyond repute

09-28-2019, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
We really should look into the whole cloth color aspect of this next. Even if they were both green were they the same shade of green?

And if 626 was on blue I suspect the whole thing is null and void.
Actually, there may be something to that. The common cliche ‘color blind’, is a much more complicated/multi-faceted array of specific vision impairments than is generally appreciated.
The way a ball’s color may merge with it’s cloth background might possible effect a shooter’s skill/ability & results (?).

Old
  (#855)
wayne
AzB Silver Member
wayne has a reputation beyond reputewayne has a reputation beyond reputewayne has a reputation beyond reputewayne has a reputation beyond reputewayne has a reputation beyond reputewayne has a reputation beyond reputewayne has a reputation beyond reputewayne has a reputation beyond reputewayne has a reputation beyond reputewayne has a reputation beyond reputewayne has a reputation beyond repute

09-28-2019, 05:47 PM

Quote:

Lol...what up Balls?
John Schmidt said on Facebook that it is close to being released.

Last edited by wayne; 09-28-2019 at 05:59 PM.

Page 57 of 97 « First 747555657 585967 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: