Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Buddy Hall Cue on Ebay
Page 2 of 4 12 34

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
crabbcatjohn
AzB Silver Member
crabbcatjohn has a reputation beyond reputecrabbcatjohn has a reputation beyond reputecrabbcatjohn has a reputation beyond reputecrabbcatjohn has a reputation beyond reputecrabbcatjohn has a reputation beyond reputecrabbcatjohn has a reputation beyond reputecrabbcatjohn has a reputation beyond reputecrabbcatjohn has a reputation beyond reputecrabbcatjohn has a reputation beyond reputecrabbcatjohn has a reputation beyond reputecrabbcatjohn has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

10-06-2019, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWing View Post
Don't believe Buddy ever used a cue with a finish over the linen wrap. If there is a video of him using one, I'd like to see it.

All the best,
WW
I've seen him play with a bunch. He's probably playing with one now...lol

Old
  (#17)
deanoc
AzB Silver Member
deanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

10-07-2019, 12:14 AM

+Buddy played with a lot of cues

Dennis Glenn has his Balabushka and a total of 11 of his personal cues.

Not that that makes this one worthless
Looks like a nice package of cue case and box

Old
  (#18)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

10-07-2019, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanoc View Post
+Buddy played with a lot of cues

Dennis Glenn has his Balabushka and a total of 11 of his personal cues.

Not that that makes this one worthless
Looks like a nice package of cue case and box
Buddy switched cues like most people switch socks. I've seen him play with four different cues in one day. No lie.

Old
  (#19)
subdude1974
AzB Silver Member
subdude1974 has a reputation beyond reputesubdude1974 has a reputation beyond reputesubdude1974 has a reputation beyond reputesubdude1974 has a reputation beyond reputesubdude1974 has a reputation beyond reputesubdude1974 has a reputation beyond reputesubdude1974 has a reputation beyond reputesubdude1974 has a reputation beyond reputesubdude1974 has a reputation beyond reputesubdude1974 has a reputation beyond reputesubdude1974 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

10-07-2019, 08:09 AM

I doubt very seriously that this was a “personal” cue of his. Odds are, it was one that he was sent to sell. The case is a neat case. Personally, I think it is way overpriced now. 2 shafts are to a 2nd cue and the case doesn’t have his name on it. Which, I would think, that at that time he would have a case with his name on it. Oh well. I know I am not touching it.

Playing Cue: R Black
Breaker: Gilbert
Case: Instroke
Favorite Game:One Hole
subdude1974@yahoo.com
AKA FIGJAM:F**K I'M GOOD JUST ASK ME

Old
  (#20)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

10-07-2019, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subdude1974 View Post
I doubt very seriously that this was a “personal” cue of his. Odds are, it was one that he was sent to sell. The case is a neat case. Personally, I think it is way overpriced now. 2 shafts are to a 2nd cue and the case doesn’t have his name on it. Which, I would think, that at that time he would have a case with his name on it. Oh well. I know I am not touching it.
"Personal" cue to Buddy didn't mean much. He got them free and they were all for sale. This is likely a player of his. I know its old but if it was sent to sell it wouldn't have all those shafts. Never seen a case with his name on it. Been around the guy a lot over the years. Cues to him were just a tool. He came to Tulsa once with a Bludworth he said was greatest ever and sold it before he left.

Old
  (#21)
jasonlaus
Rep for Smorg
jasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond repute

10-07-2019, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garczar View Post
"Personal" cue to Buddy didn't mean much. He got them free and they were all for sale. This is likely a player of his. I know its old but if it was sent to sell it wouldn't have all those shafts. Never seen a case with his name on it. Been around the guy a lot over the years. Cues to him were just a tool. He came to Tulsa once with a Bludworth he said was greatest ever and sold it before he left.
Only 2 of the shafts(ringwork)are the same. Would Meucci just send random shafts?

Buddy owning this makes zero difference in its worth.

Old
  (#22)
garczar
AzB Silver Member

10-07-2019, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonlaus View Post
Only 2 of the shafts(ringwork)are the same. Would Meucci just send random shafts?

Buddy owning this makes zero difference in its worth.
That's why i think it was player. If he liked a couple shafts he'd keep them. One thing he was/is picky about was shaft size. As for the price, there are a LOT of big-time BH fans out there. To them it may well be worth it. A friend of mine once gave 600bux for a Jordan-autographed game ball. I thought he was insane. He still has it, its worth around a grand now.

Last edited by garczar; 10-07-2019 at 08:48 AM.

Old
  (#23)
ChrisSjoblom
AzB Silver Member
ChrisSjoblom has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSjoblom has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSjoblom has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSjoblom has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSjoblom has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSjoblom has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSjoblom has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSjoblom has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSjoblom has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSjoblom has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSjoblom has a reputation beyond repute

10-07-2019, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilk View Post
Be a little careful, I can't speak on the butt as it looks legit to me, but two of the shafts actually have different ring work than the other two. And, none of them actually match the ring work on the butt.

If you count the colored veneers you will see they are not all the same. Two have 4 veneers, and two have more 5 or 6. Colors don't match well either, but that could just be age,finish, or even sweat from hands on joint rings.

Nice cue either way.
I don't agree. All four shafts have what look to be 5 inlays in a black-blue-black pattern, as does the butt at the joint. Granted, the width of the blue inlays on two of the shafts are thicker than on the other two shafts and the butt, and one of the white rings on one of the shafts appears to be a bit thin, but from my experience with Meucci cues over the years, that variation would not be too unusual.

Old
  (#24)
jasonlaus
Rep for Smorg
jasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond repute

10-07-2019, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSjoblom View Post
I don't agree. All four shafts have what look to be 5 inlays in a black-blue-black pattern, as does the butt at the joint. Granted, the width of the blue inlays on two of the shafts are thicker than on the other two shafts and the butt, and one of the white rings on one of the shafts appears to be a bit thin, but from my experience with Meucci cues over the years, that variation would not be too unusual.
You should probably clean your screen. Lol

Old
  (#25)
jasonlaus
Rep for Smorg

10-07-2019, 09:33 AM

Quote:
That's why i think it was player. If he liked a couple shafts he'd keep them. One thing he was/is picky about was shaft size. As for the price, there are a LOT of big-time BH fans out there. To them it may well be worth it. A friend of mine once gave 600bux for a Jordan-autographed game ball. I thought he was insane. He still has it, its worth around a grand now.
Comparing Buddy Hall to Jordan? We have jumped the shark ladies and gentlemen

Old
  (#26)
garczar
AzB Silver Member

10-07-2019, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonlaus View Post
Comparing Buddy Hall to Jordan? We have jumped the shark ladies and gentlemen
You know what i meant. Things that their favorites used makes them spend $$$ others would never do.

Old
  (#27)
jasonlaus
Rep for Smorg

10-07-2019, 10:51 AM

Quote:
You know what i meant. Things that their favorites used makes them spend $$$ others would never do.
That's true.

Old
  (#28)
Dockter
AzB Silver Member
Dockter has a reputation beyond reputeDockter has a reputation beyond reputeDockter has a reputation beyond reputeDockter has a reputation beyond reputeDockter has a reputation beyond reputeDockter has a reputation beyond reputeDockter has a reputation beyond reputeDockter has a reputation beyond reputeDockter has a reputation beyond reputeDockter has a reputation beyond reputeDockter has a reputation beyond repute

10-07-2019, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Tell Buddy he can play with a cue for a week, take a few pictures of him playing with it and make over a K a cue on ebay lol. I get the history factor and if it's something someone played with for most of their career it may even entice me, but not for a cue he may have used for a week or two.

Old
  (#29)
subdude1974
AzB Silver Member
subdude1974 has a reputation beyond reputesubdude1974 has a reputation beyond reputesubdude1974 has a reputation beyond reputesubdude1974 has a reputation beyond reputesubdude1974 has a reputation beyond reputesubdude1974 has a reputation beyond reputesubdude1974 has a reputation beyond reputesubdude1974 has a reputation beyond reputesubdude1974 has a reputation beyond reputesubdude1974 has a reputation beyond reputesubdude1974 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

10-07-2019, 12:30 PM

Look at the shafts. Pretty clean. Which tells me if it was played by him, and impossible to say for sure, was played very little. $1800 for this is crazy. I wouldn’t pay half that. Well, with 4 shafts? Maybe $1000. But nowhere near where it is at right now.

And the shaft collars aren’t that close. You have 2 that match the cue and two miscellaneous. 2 have red or purple in them.

Playing Cue: R Black
Breaker: Gilbert
Case: Instroke
Favorite Game:One Hole
subdude1974@yahoo.com
AKA FIGJAM:F**K I'M GOOD JUST ASK ME

Last edited by subdude1974; 10-07-2019 at 01:44 PM.

Old
  (#30)
poolguy4u
AzB Silver Member
poolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond repute

10-07-2019, 02:16 PM

A lot of money for a refinished cue and looks like a crack in the joint collar.

Page 2 of 4 12 34

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: