Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > 14.1 Pool
Reload this Page World Record High run on tape DVD
Page 2 of 3 12 3

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
no wonder you are getting so damn good!!!!!!!
Old
  (#16)
PETARD
AzB Silver Member
PETARD has a reputation beyond reputePETARD has a reputation beyond reputePETARD has a reputation beyond reputePETARD has a reputation beyond reputePETARD has a reputation beyond reputePETARD has a reputation beyond reputePETARD has a reputation beyond reputePETARD has a reputation beyond reputePETARD has a reputation beyond reputePETARD has a reputation beyond reputePETARD has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

no wonder you are getting so damn good!!!!!!! - 03-13-2009, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williebetmore View Post
Ken,
In my view, it would be great to see a couple of old school players do this - get Grady and Danny D. together and you would be amazed at the way they dissect the racks. Danny H. and John S. shoot way too good for me to attempt to emulate; I would love to see how the old schoolers get through the racks with more limited shotmaking ability.

Mark Wilson will be visiting Betmore's Basement on Monday for a couple of days; we almost always have a session of Scotch doubles straight pool (he does the talking, I do the listening). He is another of those true, old school, student's of the game (not intending any criticism of John/DannyH - I've never had sessions with them to determine the depth of their "old school" knowledge; I'm not sure I can determine it from the few times I've seen them play)....I'm suspicious that it is quite good.
(*&^%$#@@#$%^&*()

Old
  (#17)
golf
AzB Bronze Member
golf has a reputation beyond reputegolf has a reputation beyond reputegolf has a reputation beyond reputegolf has a reputation beyond reputegolf has a reputation beyond reputegolf has a reputation beyond reputegolf has a reputation beyond reputegolf has a reputation beyond reputegolf has a reputation beyond reputegolf has a reputation beyond reputegolf has a reputation beyond repute

Thumbs up 03-23-2009, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john schmidt View Post
in 04 i ran 282 on film.
many people have seen it as i loaned it out to a few people.

there is a few reasons i never tried to sell it.

one my x-wife is talking to me while im shooting ,some personal stuff etc.
it would be disrespectful to my current girlfriend to sell dvd with xwife in it.
two the angle was not great,and had a friend with his shirt off racking for me ,it looked pretty redneck lol.

anyway danny was smart enough to not have a woman talking to him therefore making it uncomfortable to sell later.if i was a 14.1 player looking to improve im sure dannys video would help them.

furthermore i think my 282 has been beat on video i just cant remember who did it oh well.

at any rate good shooting danny running that many on film is hard ,trust me i know.
Very classy, John.

Dvd
Old
  (#18)
Thomas McKane
Lifelong student of one p
Thomas McKane has a reputation beyond reputeThomas McKane has a reputation beyond reputeThomas McKane has a reputation beyond reputeThomas McKane has a reputation beyond reputeThomas McKane has a reputation beyond reputeThomas McKane has a reputation beyond reputeThomas McKane has a reputation beyond reputeThomas McKane has a reputation beyond reputeThomas McKane has a reputation beyond reputeThomas McKane has a reputation beyond reputeThomas McKane has a reputation beyond repute

Dvd - 05-06-2009, 05:45 AM

I'm one of those people who paid for the DVD (paypal) and didn't receive it. I could care less about the $, I simply want to watch the DVD. Maybe the video should be posted for downloading to resolve the issues?

Old
  (#19)
dmgwalsh
Straight Pool Fanatic
dmgwalsh has a reputation beyond reputedmgwalsh has a reputation beyond reputedmgwalsh has a reputation beyond reputedmgwalsh has a reputation beyond reputedmgwalsh has a reputation beyond reputedmgwalsh has a reputation beyond reputedmgwalsh has a reputation beyond reputedmgwalsh has a reputation beyond reputedmgwalsh has a reputation beyond reputedmgwalsh has a reputation beyond reputedmgwalsh has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1400

05-06-2009, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas McKane View Post
I'm one of those people who paid for the DVD (paypal) and didn't receive it. I could care less about the $, I simply want to watch the DVD. Maybe the video should be posted for downloading to resolve the issues?
In a pm, Danny told me the following about getting your dvd if you ordered it and did not get it. It might be worth a try:

Dealing with the two gentleman who never received their dvd's, if they will call my pardner in crime Jordan I think he would be happy to reimburse them with dvd's. Neither one of us are close to being businessmen and that is an understatement to say the least but we will make it right with them. Here is Jordan's tele #, he told me that he had made good with everyone who said they never received a dvd and he was in charge of shipping out the product.

Sincerely, Danny Harriman (The Springfield Rifle)

Jordan Rogers (816-286-8579)

Old
  (#20)
Blackjack
Illuminati Blacksmack
Blackjack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackjack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackjack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackjack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackjack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackjack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackjack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackjack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackjack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackjack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackjack has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 600

05-06-2009, 11:12 AM

Thanks Dennis (and Danny)

I have gotten a few inquiries about this on youtube also.

Danny, if you read this post - I want to let you know that there is a way to publish this DVD to websites like www.lulu.com -

If you use them, then when someone orders the DVD - the dvd's are produced - and shipped from them. You don't have to worry about anything except where you want your earnings sent.

If you have any questions about this, give me a call and I can walk you or Jordan through the steps of getting this accomplished, and - at no charge - I can also produce a dvd jacket for you, as well as a dvd cover design similar to this -

Let me know.

"Turkeys are hitting the ground like sacks of wet cement!" ~ Les Nessman

“Dead balls are harder to find than they are to make." ~ Cisero Murphy

"When all else fails, try not missing ... INTENTIONALLY." ~ Steve Mizerak

www.thezone-spc.com

Playing Cue - McDermott D-21 w/ Predator Z Shaft
Favorite Pool Player - Joey Koontz

Old
  (#21)
custmqs
AzB Silver Member
custmqs has a reputation beyond reputecustmqs has a reputation beyond reputecustmqs has a reputation beyond reputecustmqs has a reputation beyond reputecustmqs has a reputation beyond reputecustmqs has a reputation beyond reputecustmqs has a reputation beyond reputecustmqs has a reputation beyond reputecustmqs has a reputation beyond reputecustmqs has a reputation beyond reputecustmqs has a reputation beyond repute

05-06-2009, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Harriman View Post
I just wanted to apolagize to custmcue (custmqs) and anyone else that had to wait an absurd amount of time to get my DVD.
Well, I appreciate the apology but it is now another two months later and still no DVD. I ordered and paid on 11/20/2008.

I left a phone message for Jordan two days ago at the number you provided to Dennis... no return call. What do you suggest I do now?

Last edited by custmqs; 05-06-2009 at 11:28 AM.

Old
  (#22)
Sumet1
++Rosewood Burl++
Sumet1 has a reputation beyond reputeSumet1 has a reputation beyond reputeSumet1 has a reputation beyond reputeSumet1 has a reputation beyond reputeSumet1 has a reputation beyond reputeSumet1 has a reputation beyond reputeSumet1 has a reputation beyond reputeSumet1 has a reputation beyond reputeSumet1 has a reputation beyond reputeSumet1 has a reputation beyond reputeSumet1 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1100

05-06-2009, 01:34 PM

Quote:
I just wanted to apolagize to custmcue and anyone else that had to wait an absurd amount of time to get my DVD. My pardner has said he was very busy and realizes he has been a little lax on his punctuality of shipping out the DVD's. Anyone who wants a refund will be reinbursed, again this was not my responsability to ship out the DVD's, I am happy to announce that the 280 ball run is now available once again. We are a very small outfit and not to keen when it comes to business or organizational skills.

So once again I hope there are no hard feelings for the customers who had to wait and wait - I do feel bad about it but what's done is "". I was not even going to tell anyone about the run but my roomate posted it on here and the rest is history. Some posters were a bit harsh I thought about trivial details of our work, I have decided to take a different route on the promotion end of my next DVD instructional project. I have learned that I could probably give away the DVD to people and there would still be some people who would complain. I am a little sensitive to say the least on constructive critics-ism, I do feel confident however that some players did gain something and I do appreciate their kind words as it did take many hours of play and sheer dedication (misspent youth) to get that run I promise.
Danny, don't let those criticisms stick on you. Please yourself as you try to please others. You and no one can please them all. Best, Lu.

Old
  (#23)
custmqs
AzB Silver Member
custmqs has a reputation beyond reputecustmqs has a reputation beyond reputecustmqs has a reputation beyond reputecustmqs has a reputation beyond reputecustmqs has a reputation beyond reputecustmqs has a reputation beyond reputecustmqs has a reputation beyond reputecustmqs has a reputation beyond reputecustmqs has a reputation beyond reputecustmqs has a reputation beyond reputecustmqs has a reputation beyond repute

05-06-2009, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumet1 View Post
Danny, don't let those criticisms stick on you. Please yourself as you try to please others. You and no one can please them all. Best, Lu.
Lu, I seriously hope that is not directed at me. I would say that I have been more than patient despite numerous promises made and broken over the past 6 months. I am just looking for a direct reponse from Danny since that is where my money was sent...

Old
  (#24)
Rich93
A Small Time Charlie
Rich93 has a reputation beyond reputeRich93 has a reputation beyond reputeRich93 has a reputation beyond reputeRich93 has a reputation beyond reputeRich93 has a reputation beyond reputeRich93 has a reputation beyond reputeRich93 has a reputation beyond reputeRich93 has a reputation beyond reputeRich93 has a reputation beyond reputeRich93 has a reputation beyond reputeRich93 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

05-06-2009, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by custmqs View Post
Well, I appreciate the apology but it is now another two months later and still no DVD. I ordered and paid on 11/20/2008.

I left a phone message for Jordan two days ago at the number you provided to Dennis... no return call. What do you suggest I do now?
I can't say I'm surprised. If Danny's "pardner in crime" were doing his job, you and I would have received our DVD's long ago. What does it take for Danny to realize this? I suggest Danny take responsibility for his DVD and send them out himself.

As for me, as you know, I asked for and received a refund through Paypal's dispute process. The old "pardner" never did respond to Paypal so I got the refund by default. So it's a done deal for me.

Name: Rich Klein
Cue: Bobby Hunter
Case: JB Cases
Favorite Poolroom: www.redshoesbilliards.com

Old
  (#25)
Rich93
A Small Time Charlie
Rich93 has a reputation beyond reputeRich93 has a reputation beyond reputeRich93 has a reputation beyond reputeRich93 has a reputation beyond reputeRich93 has a reputation beyond reputeRich93 has a reputation beyond reputeRich93 has a reputation beyond reputeRich93 has a reputation beyond reputeRich93 has a reputation beyond reputeRich93 has a reputation beyond reputeRich93 has a reputation beyond repute

05-06-2009, 03:17 PM

Quote:
I just wanted to apolagize to custmcue and anyone else that had to wait an absurd amount of time to get my DVD. My pardner has said he was very busy and realizes he has been a little lax on his punctuality of shipping out the DVD's. Anyone who wants a refund will be reinbursed, again this was not my responsability to ship out the DVD's, I am happy to announce that the 280 ball run is now available once again. We are a very small outfit and not to keen when it comes to business or organizational skills.

So once again I hope there are no hard feelings for the customers who had to wait and wait - I do feel bad about it but what's done is "". I was not even going to tell anyone about the run but my roomate posted it on here and the rest is history. Some posters were a bit harsh I thought about trivial details of our work, I have decided to take a different route on the promotion end of my next DVD instructional project. I have learned that I could probably give away the DVD to people and there would still be some people who would complain. I am a little sensitive to say the least on constructive critics-ism, I do feel confident however that some players did gain something and I do appreciate their kind words as it did take many hours of play and sheer dedication (misspent youth) to get that run I promise.
Danny, I've seen the video. It's a great video and I have no criticisms of it. You have a tremendous talent. But if you want to sell more DVD's in the future, you should make good to those people who paid their money and never received it.

As for the future, in his earlier post Blackjack has shown you how to ensure that your DVD's are reliably delivered without any effort on your part. That's one way. Another is to find a reliable pardner. This one has let you down.

Make $
Old
  (#26)
Thomas McKane
Thomas McKane has a reputation beyond reputeThomas McKane has a reputation beyond reputeThomas McKane has a reputation beyond reputeThomas McKane has a reputation beyond reputeThomas McKane has a reputation beyond reputeThomas McKane has a reputation beyond reputeThomas McKane has a reputation beyond reputeThomas McKane has a reputation beyond reputeThomas McKane has a reputation beyond reputeThomas McKane has a reputation beyond reputeThomas McKane has a reputation beyond repute

Thumbs up Make $ - 05-06-2009, 04:57 PM

That's what I cannot understand. Doesn't it seem that serious $ could be made selling videos on straight pool? It's a complicated game, like one-pocket (a video that could also make $....), and if done right like blackjack mentions, it should have wide appeal.

There's a LOT of frustrated straight pool players out there, one-pocket too, and they seek relief in any form they can get it!

I'm sure this will all work out, regardless.

DVD Mailed
Old
  (#27)
Thomas McKane

DVD Mailed - 05-07-2009, 03:28 PM

I got word today from PaxCorp that he sent out my DVD, he's been in the process of moving.

Hope to have it soon.

Old
  (#28)
Rich93
A Small Time Charlie

05-07-2009, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas McKane View Post
I got word today from PaxCorp that he sent out my DVD, he's been in the process of moving.

Hope to have it soon.
Please let us know when you receive it.

Got it
Old
  (#29)
Thomas McKane

Got it - 05-10-2009, 08:51 AM

Got it, thanks Danny and PaxCorp!

It's #%@#$ brilliant, well done. I'll buy the next one too.

Now if I could just buy talent from Danny....

Old
  (#30)
custmqs
AzB Silver Member

05-11-2009, 01:59 PM

Consider yourself fortunate Thomas.

I received the following e-mail from Jordan on Thursday, 5/7... three days after I left a message on his cell phone:

Jeffrey,

I'm sorry that you have been trying to receive a DVD for nearly 6 months now! That is ridiculous, I was unaware that you had not received yours until I listened to my messages today. My deepest apologies. I will send your DVD tomorrow via first class mail and you should receive it by Tuesday or Wednesday of next week. If you are still interested in a refund you are certainly entitled to it and you may file a claim on the paypal site. That will begin the process and you will receive your refund. Once again, I'm sorry, I had not idea that everyone had not been taken care of already or I would have taken action to ensure it happened long ago.

Jordan Rogers
Producer
Pax Corps Productions

I immediately replied that given how much time had elapsed I would prefer to just have a refund. I also explained that since so much time had passed that filing a PayPal claim is no longer an option. I asked him to PayPal $36.48 (what I paid) to me and that I would eat the "receiver" charges. He did not respond. I have since sent two more e-mails to Jordan and have yet to receive a response.

I don't know if/when this will be resolved but at the very least I want prospective buyers to know what they are getting into...

Playing Cue: -R-

Page 2 of 3 12 3

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: