Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page Trump to moderate GOP debate?
Page 5 of 18 « First 345 6715 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#61)
tedkaufman
AzB Silver Member
tedkaufman has a reputation beyond reputetedkaufman has a reputation beyond reputetedkaufman has a reputation beyond reputetedkaufman has a reputation beyond reputetedkaufman has a reputation beyond reputetedkaufman has a reputation beyond reputetedkaufman has a reputation beyond reputetedkaufman has a reputation beyond reputetedkaufman has a reputation beyond reputetedkaufman has a reputation beyond reputetedkaufman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

12-06-2011, 02:40 PM

Trump should be the moderator ... of the Gong Show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamadog View Post
Why would Trump as moderator be wrong?

Cue: Southwest (1992) 6pt cocobolo, Hoppe butt style, birdseye front.
Case: Flowers 4x2

Old
  (#62)
bobroberts
Pool player
bobroberts has a reputation beyond reputebobroberts has a reputation beyond reputebobroberts has a reputation beyond reputebobroberts has a reputation beyond reputebobroberts has a reputation beyond reputebobroberts has a reputation beyond reputebobroberts has a reputation beyond reputebobroberts has a reputation beyond reputebobroberts has a reputation beyond reputebobroberts has a reputation beyond reputebobroberts has a reputation beyond repute

12-06-2011, 02:50 PM

Obama pushed through Obama care the worse piece of legislation ever.
Now that he really has shovel ready jobs instead of the made up ones with the pipeline he refuses to let it go through.
There are a bunch more just like those 2 but i.m not into arguing when there is zero chance of changing anyone's mind.

Stay thirsty my friend.

Old
  (#63)
klockdoc
ughhhhhhhhhh
klockdoc has a reputation beyond reputeklockdoc has a reputation beyond reputeklockdoc has a reputation beyond reputeklockdoc has a reputation beyond reputeklockdoc has a reputation beyond reputeklockdoc has a reputation beyond reputeklockdoc has a reputation beyond reputeklockdoc has a reputation beyond reputeklockdoc has a reputation beyond reputeklockdoc has a reputation beyond reputeklockdoc has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to klockdoc Send a message via Yahoo to klockdoc  
12-06-2011, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjb View Post
I'd like to know exactly what it is that you believe Obama "is doing to our country." I hear this sort of vague accusation tossed about all the time, but it really means nothing.

From my own personal perspective, what I see is that compared to what was happening towards the end of the last administration's tenure, I've made quite a rebound, and things are steadily getting better. I think it's more cyclical than political, anyway.

Do you really think that simply electing a GOP candidate as President will change the course of the country's economy?
In 1981, I switched jobs and got a promotion. The 10% unemployment rate and recession during that time didn't affect me in my job. I can say that the Carter administration was not great for everyone or contributed to my success in my line of work.

It did seem to get better after 1982 though!

---klockdoc--

"Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak." Larry the Cable Guy

"Always give your best, never get discouraged, never be petty; always remember, others may hate you, but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them, and then you destroy yourself".
Richard Nixon, from his WH farewell address, August 9, 1974

Old
  (#64)
tedkaufman
AzB Silver Member
tedkaufman has a reputation beyond reputetedkaufman has a reputation beyond reputetedkaufman has a reputation beyond reputetedkaufman has a reputation beyond reputetedkaufman has a reputation beyond reputetedkaufman has a reputation beyond reputetedkaufman has a reputation beyond reputetedkaufman has a reputation beyond reputetedkaufman has a reputation beyond reputetedkaufman has a reputation beyond reputetedkaufman has a reputation beyond repute

12-06-2011, 02:55 PM

Actually, the entire framework for ObamaCare was developed by the Heritage Foundation (as right wing a unit as you can possibly find), and copied practically verbatim by Romney for Mass Health Care. But please don't let facts get in the way of your opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobroberts View Post

Cue: Southwest (1992) 6pt cocobolo, Hoppe butt style, birdseye front.
Case: Flowers 4x2

Old
  (#65)
gromulan
Reality police
gromulan has a reputation beyond reputegromulan has a reputation beyond reputegromulan has a reputation beyond reputegromulan has a reputation beyond reputegromulan has a reputation beyond reputegromulan has a reputation beyond reputegromulan has a reputation beyond reputegromulan has a reputation beyond reputegromulan has a reputation beyond reputegromulan has a reputation beyond reputegromulan has a reputation beyond repute

12-06-2011, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobroberts View Post
You do realize that Obamacare doesn't go into effect for quite a while yet, right? It's having pretty much a zero effect on current economic conditions.

Quote:
Now that he really has shovel ready jobs instead of the made up ones with the pipeline he refuses to let it go through.
Yet there is a lot of opposition to the pipeline and the estimates on the number of jobs it will create vary widely. I more or less support it myself, but I don't think it's unreasonable for the President to weigh in all the factors before coming down on a divisive issue, don't you?

Quote:
There are a bunch more just like those 2 but i.m not into arguing when there is zero chance of changing anyone's mind.
Are there any with actual substance?

When I die I want to be cremated, dissolved in water, and then soaked up in a ShamWow!!

Old
  (#66)
UGOTDA7
Ban pending.....
UGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond repute

12-06-2011, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedkaufman View Post
Actually, the entire framework for ObamaCare was developed by the Heritage Foundation (as right wing a unit as you can possibly find), and copied practically verbatim by Romney for Mass Health Care. But please don't let facts get in the way of your opinion.
So you won't have any problem citing sources for this then will you - go ahead, let's see them.

And when you do please don't let the facts about states vs. federal powers get in the way of your opinion.

Old
  (#67)
UGOTDA7
Ban pending.....
UGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond repute

12-06-2011, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gromulan View Post
You do realize that Obamacare doesn't go into effect for quite a while yet, right? It's having pretty much a zero effect on current economic conditions.

Yet there is a lot of opposition to the pipeline and the estimates on the number of jobs it will create vary widely. I more or less support it myself, but I don't think it's unreasonable for the President to weigh in all the factors before coming down on a divisive issue, don't you?

Are there any with actual substance?
Wrong as usual - the bureaucracy is already taking steps and businesses are already adjusting with costs going up and people losing coverage as well as not getting hired at all due to insurance mandates....have you been hiding out in a cave or something?

Old
  (#68)
bamadog
AzB Silver Member
bamadog has a reputation beyond reputebamadog has a reputation beyond reputebamadog has a reputation beyond reputebamadog has a reputation beyond reputebamadog has a reputation beyond reputebamadog has a reputation beyond reputebamadog has a reputation beyond reputebamadog has a reputation beyond reputebamadog has a reputation beyond reputebamadog has a reputation beyond reputebamadog has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

12-06-2011, 03:02 PM

Quote:
We'll probably never know the truth, but I would bet some good money that Trump's net worth is not much above the $400 million he started with.
What makes you think he started with $400 million?

Old
  (#69)
klockdoc
ughhhhhhhhhh
klockdoc has a reputation beyond reputeklockdoc has a reputation beyond reputeklockdoc has a reputation beyond reputeklockdoc has a reputation beyond reputeklockdoc has a reputation beyond reputeklockdoc has a reputation beyond reputeklockdoc has a reputation beyond reputeklockdoc has a reputation beyond reputeklockdoc has a reputation beyond reputeklockdoc has a reputation beyond reputeklockdoc has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to klockdoc Send a message via Yahoo to klockdoc  
12-06-2011, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedkaufman View Post
Massachusetts Health Care Reform was initiated in 2006...way before Obama's Health plan.

Do you have a link for the origination of the plan by the Heritage Foundation?

---klockdoc--

"Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak." Larry the Cable Guy

"Always give your best, never get discouraged, never be petty; always remember, others may hate you, but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them, and then you destroy yourself".
Richard Nixon, from his WH farewell address, August 9, 1974

Old
  (#70)
gromulan
Reality police
gromulan has a reputation beyond reputegromulan has a reputation beyond reputegromulan has a reputation beyond reputegromulan has a reputation beyond reputegromulan has a reputation beyond reputegromulan has a reputation beyond reputegromulan has a reputation beyond reputegromulan has a reputation beyond reputegromulan has a reputation beyond reputegromulan has a reputation beyond reputegromulan has a reputation beyond repute

12-06-2011, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGOTDA7 View Post
So you won't have any problem citing sources for this then will you - go ahead, let's see them.

And when you do please don't let the facts about states vs. federal powers get in the way of your opinion.
I guess google is broken on your computer, so here you go, from the very first link that came up (and from that commie pinko rag Forbes at that)...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/aroy/201...idual-mandate/

Quote:
the Heritage mandate was indistinguishable in principle from the ObamaCare one. In both cases, the federal government would force individuals to purchase a product from a private company—something that Congress has never done before.”

When I die I want to be cremated, dissolved in water, and then soaked up in a ShamWow!!

Old
  (#71)
bamadog
AzB Silver Member
bamadog has a reputation beyond reputebamadog has a reputation beyond reputebamadog has a reputation beyond reputebamadog has a reputation beyond reputebamadog has a reputation beyond reputebamadog has a reputation beyond reputebamadog has a reputation beyond reputebamadog has a reputation beyond reputebamadog has a reputation beyond reputebamadog has a reputation beyond reputebamadog has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

12-06-2011, 03:15 PM

Quote:
I guess google is broken on your computer, so here you go, from the very first link that came up (and from that commie pinko rag Forbes at that)...

Now, if Republicans actually wanted this, then why didn't they pass it?

Old
  (#72)
UGOTDA7
Ban pending.....

12-06-2011, 03:18 PM

Quote:

Here's how it works genius - the person making the claim backs it up. I'm not going to hunt down every assertion made here. Now that something is there I'll look at it....but for some reason I doubt it is as cut and dry as you seem to think it is.

Old
  (#73)
UGOTDA7
Ban pending.....

12-06-2011, 03:23 PM

Quote:

OK, so it seems you missed this part about states vs. federal powers.

and copied practically verbatim by Romney for Mass Health Care.

Did Romney have a federal mandate in Mass Health Care?

Old
  (#74)
gromulan
Reality police

12-06-2011, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGOTDA7 View Post
OK, so it seems you missed this part about states vs. federal powers.

and copied practically verbatim by Romney for Mass Health Care.

Did Romney have a federal mandate in Mass Health Care?
What does the word "practically" mean?

Old
  (#75)
gromulan
Reality police

12-06-2011, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamadog View Post
Now, if Republicans actually wanted this, then why didn't they pass it?
Oh good point. So I guess back in the 90s when they said it was a better plan than HillaryCare they were lying then, is that right?

Or wait, maybe they were telling the truth then and lying now. How are we supposed to know which?
I guess because that bastion of honesty Newt Gingrich says so, is that about right?

Page 5 of 18 « First 345 6715 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: