Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page Concealed Carry Goes Wrong in Restaurant
Page 2 of 11 12 34 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old
  (#16)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day
Patrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

01-09-2013, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjb View Post
...how much "protection" does one's family really need while eating at a Longbranch Steakhouse in Lenexa, KS?
If lots of law abiding Kansas families are packing, the best protection is to move to another state.

All you pistol-packin' cowboys who want to "protect" somebody, please help protect me and my neighbors by staying the hell away. We won't hold it against you if you confine your gun accidents and road rage shootings to your own neighborhoods.

pj
chgo

Old
  (#17)
EasyEJL
AzB Silver Member
EasyEJL has a reputation beyond reputeEasyEJL has a reputation beyond reputeEasyEJL has a reputation beyond reputeEasyEJL has a reputation beyond reputeEasyEJL has a reputation beyond reputeEasyEJL has a reputation beyond reputeEasyEJL has a reputation beyond reputeEasyEJL has a reputation beyond reputeEasyEJL has a reputation beyond reputeEasyEJL has a reputation beyond reputeEasyEJL has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

01-09-2013, 10:28 AM

Quote:
And c'mon, how much "protection" does one's family really need while eating at a Longbranch Steakhouse in Lenexa, KS?
probably the same amount of protection people needed at the Luby's in Texas in 1991.

Quote:
The Luby's massacre was a mass murder that took place on October 16, 1991, in Killeen, Texas, United States when George Hennard[1] (born October 15, 1956) crashed his pickup truck through the front window of a Luby's cafeteria, shot 50 people (killing 23), exchanged shots with responding police, and then hid in a bathroom and fatally shot himself
this was before Texas had a concealed carry permit law.... One person in the Luby's with a gun could have ended it as the guy got out of his truck holding a gun after crashing through the window.

Old
  (#18)
Sev
I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Sev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond repute

01-09-2013, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
If lots of law abiding Kansas families are packing, the best protection is to move to another state.

All you pistol-packin' cowboys who want to "protect" somebody, please help protect me and my neighbors by staying the hell away. We won't hold it against you if you confine your gun accidents and road rage shootings to your own neighborhoods.

pj
chgo
Could you give me the names and phone numbers of your neighbors?
I would like to inform them that you have requested appropriate signage with arrows pointing at your residence stating, "Gun Free Zone.".

Still living in Chicago Patty me boy?

Keep your head down and admire the shot.

COVFEFE!!

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”---Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Yep. Sev is smarter than you all."
"I dont know much."
"I'm just a flea along for the ride."--366Robin

Revelations of truth undermine a foundation of belief built on lies.---Sev

Old
  (#19)
Casual Observer
Viva... yeah whatever
Casual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

01-09-2013, 10:38 AM

Quote:
So would I, assuming that CCL holder would have stopped the gunman. But that's a big assumption.
It's a MUCH smaller assumption than that he could have been stopped if someone did have a CCL.
There was NO stopping him without it.

Quote:
I can't imagine how enraged I would be, though, if I was having dinner with my family and an idiot like this guy "accidentally" put a bullet through the back of my 2 year old nephew's head, instead of in his own wife's thigh.
Probably as outraged as I was when a 16 year kid killed my sister-in-law by driving like a lunatic and hitting her head on. I've yet to petition my "rulers" to outlaw asshole 16 year-olds from diving though.
Probably as outraged as I was when the guy I worked for as kid had his head blown off by a shotgunning wielding fool I worked with. That fool is still in prison where he should be, but I guess I should have asked some busy-body politician to outlaw morons with shotguns when I had the chance.

Quote:
I don't want anyone to be deprived of the right to protect their family. But if one wants the same protection high-profile politicians get, then one would have to hire professionals. And c'mon, how much "protection" does one's family really need while eating at a Longbranch Steakhouse in Lenexa, KS?
So I should HIRE someone to protect my family because politicians have the luxury of ME paying for THEIR protection?
How much protections does one's family need?
Really? How much does obama's duaghters need? Fair question, right?
I'm not arguing, but I WILL NOT allow people who have no interest in owning guns decide that I can't either.
You probably have a better chance of being mauled to death by a pit bull than being accidentally shot. But, I guarantee you that you have a better chance of killing that dog if you are armed.
You don't want a gun? Fine. Just don't consider me a potential criminal because I do.

"...And the trees are all kept equal
By hatchet, axe, and saw..."

Neil Peart

“...I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine...”
Atlas Shrugged

Old
  (#20)
Casual Observer
Viva... yeah whatever
Casual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond repute

01-09-2013, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
Could you give me the names and phone numbers of your neighbors?
I would like to inform them that you have requested appropriate signage with arrows pointing at your residence stating, "Gun Free Zone.".

Still living in Chicago Patty me boy?
Please don't debate the slaves.
Especially the really stupid ones...

"...And the trees are all kept equal
By hatchet, axe, and saw..."

Neil Peart

“...I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine...”
Atlas Shrugged

Old
  (#21)
chefjeff
No sides, only players
chefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond repute

01-09-2013, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Of course I don't feel safer on the road than I do in a restaurant. I understand the dangers involved with driving.

but I also feel like I shouldn't have to worry about some idiot with a concealed carry permit who feels like he can't have dinner without a loaded weapon on him reaching into his pocket and accidentally shooting someone.
But utopia is not one of the options, so, yes, you should have worries. A worry-free environment doesn't exist in this universe. And asking the state to provide a worry-free (shouldn't have to worry) environment is more worrisome than the occasional gun accident, as history proves to us.

Realism is lurking.

Jeff Livingston

Last edited by chefjeff; 01-09-2013 at 10:43 AM.

Old
  (#22)
chefjeff
No sides, only players
chefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond repute

01-09-2013, 10:44 AM

Guns PRIME purpose is to defend against the initiation of force, mostly by the gun nutters who use the violence of the state in attempts to get their stuff for lower costs.

Jeff Livingston

Old
  (#23)
Sev
I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Sev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond repute

01-09-2013, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefjeff View Post

Realism is lurking.

Jeff Livingston
Quick!! Shine a light on it and kill it!!!

Keep your head down and admire the shot.

COVFEFE!!

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”---Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Yep. Sev is smarter than you all."
"I dont know much."
"I'm just a flea along for the ride."--366Robin

Revelations of truth undermine a foundation of belief built on lies.---Sev

Old
  (#24)
UGOTDA7
Ban pending.....
UGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond repute

01-09-2013, 10:48 AM

Quote:
So would I, assuming that CCL holder would have stopped the gunman. But that's a big assumption.

I can't imagine how enraged I would be, though, if I was having dinner with my family and an idiot like this guy "accidentally" put a bullet through the back of my 2 year old nephew's head, instead of in his own wife's thigh.

I don't want anyone to be deprived of the right to protect their family. But if one wants the same protection high-profile politicians get, then one would have to hire professionals. And c'mon, how much "protection" does one's family really need while eating at a Longbranch Steakhouse in Lenexa, KS?
Maybe the same as when one goes to a Luby's?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1u0Byq5Qis

Edit - I see Luby's already got mentioned, but a good video reminder nonetheless.

Old
  (#25)
sjb
evolving player
sjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond repute

01-09-2013, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
probably the same amount of protection people needed at the Luby's in Texas in 1991.

this was before Texas had a concealed carry permit law.... One person in the Luby's with a gun could have ended it as the guy got out of his truck holding a gun after crashing through the window.
Yeah, it could have gone down that way.

But what if 50, or 80, or 100 people in Luby's had guns and decided to use them when this lunatic drove his truck into the restaurant? I'm sure all of them would have calmly and objectively assessed the situation, and with one collectively clear mind would have cleanly and surgically put him down with a couple hundred precisely placed shots. They would have all automatically known that it was the guy getting out of the truck with a gun that was the one and only bad guy in the place, despite the fact that there are suddenly dozens of people all around firing their previously concealed weapons. Clearly, the lunatic would be the only one who needed to worry, right?

Old
  (#26)
UGOTDA7
Ban pending.....
UGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond repute

01-09-2013, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post

pj
chgo
Come on down to Kansas PJ and I'll take you shooting out at Pigeon Hill......we can start with some .22, move up through the calibers, and end with some .50 - I think deep down inside whatever manhood is left in you will enjoy it.

Old
  (#27)
UGOTDA7
Ban pending.....

01-09-2013, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefjeff View Post
Guns PRIME purpose is to defend against the initiation of force, mostly by the gun nutters who use the violence of the state in attempts to get their stuff for lower costs.

Jeff Livingston
http://dailycaller.com/2013/01/09/io...matic-weapons/

Iowa lawmaker calls for retroactive gun ban, confiscation of semi-automatic weapons

Old
  (#28)
avmaster
Man of Reason
avmaster has a reputation beyond reputeavmaster has a reputation beyond reputeavmaster has a reputation beyond reputeavmaster has a reputation beyond reputeavmaster has a reputation beyond reputeavmaster has a reputation beyond reputeavmaster has a reputation beyond reputeavmaster has a reputation beyond reputeavmaster has a reputation beyond reputeavmaster has a reputation beyond reputeavmaster has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGOTDA7 View Post
Come on down to Kansas PJ and I'll take you shooting out at Pigeon Hill......we can start with some .22, move up through the calibers, and end with some .50 - I think deep down inside whatever manhood is left in you will enjoy it.
I think he'd wet his pants.......

Playing cue: Kenny Murrell
Break cue: 55 year old Helmstetter

Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment.This is because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

Hey, it's your world, I'm just passing through it......

Old
  (#29)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)
ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

. And c'mon, how much "protection" does one's family really need while eating at a Longbranch Steakhouse in Lenexa, KS?
I dunno, but lets ask the movie customers in Coloorado, or the 3rd graders doing finger painting, or the teenagers at Columbine, or kids walking home from school, 3 feet from home?

The world is a dangerous place.... how much protection do you think you want for your family?? Until crime is non existent, I prefer to have something to defend myself or my family with, not to mention anyone else in my general vicinity that is being attacked....I'd help them just the same....

"we" didn'nt create the crime or the crminals. They are NOT coming from my neighborhood or my frineds neighborhoods or my families neighborhoods....funny how lucky we are

Old
  (#30)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)
ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

01-09-2013, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avmaster View Post
I think he'd wet his panties.......
Sorry Av, I had to make a slight modification for ya ....

Page 2 of 11 12 34 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: