Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page Concealed Carry Goes Wrong in Restaurant
Page 3 of 11 123 45 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old
  (#31)
UGOTDA7
Ban pending.....
UGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

01-09-2013, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avmaster View Post
I think he'd wet his pants.......
That's why a .22 is what I'd start with........I'll pop his cherry gently.

Old
  (#32)
chefjeff
No sides, only players
chefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond repute

01-09-2013, 11:01 AM

Fyi, the biggest danger in a restaurant is a food prepper not washing his hands.

Jeff Livingston

Old
  (#33)
avmaster
Man of Reason
avmaster has a reputation beyond reputeavmaster has a reputation beyond reputeavmaster has a reputation beyond reputeavmaster has a reputation beyond reputeavmaster has a reputation beyond reputeavmaster has a reputation beyond reputeavmaster has a reputation beyond reputeavmaster has a reputation beyond reputeavmaster has a reputation beyond reputeavmaster has a reputation beyond reputeavmaster has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

01-09-2013, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGOTDA7 View Post
That's why a .22 is what I'd start with........I'll pop his cherry gently.
I'd love to be there to watch..........

Sorta like the entertainment I get when others fire my Colt 1911 for the first time...... the trigger catches them all off guard..........

Playing cue: Kenny Murrell
Break cue: 55 year old Helmstetter

Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment.This is because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

Hey, it's your world, I'm just passing through it......

Old
  (#34)
EasyEJL
AzB Silver Member
EasyEJL has a reputation beyond reputeEasyEJL has a reputation beyond reputeEasyEJL has a reputation beyond reputeEasyEJL has a reputation beyond reputeEasyEJL has a reputation beyond reputeEasyEJL has a reputation beyond reputeEasyEJL has a reputation beyond reputeEasyEJL has a reputation beyond reputeEasyEJL has a reputation beyond reputeEasyEJL has a reputation beyond reputeEasyEJL has a reputation beyond repute

01-09-2013, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjb View Post
Yeah, it could have gone down that way.

But what if 50, or 80, or 100 people in Luby's had guns and decided to use them when this lunatic drove his truck into the restaurant? I'm sure all of them would have calmly and objectively assessed the situation, and with one collectively clear mind would have cleanly and surgically put him down with a couple hundred precisely placed shots. They would have all automatically known that it was the guy getting out of the truck with a gun that was the one and only bad guy in the place, despite the fact that there are suddenly dozens of people all around firing their previously concealed weapons. Clearly, the lunatic would be the only one who needed to worry, right?
lame strawman. Please find any news report anywhere in an area of high gun carrying where that has happened. It hasn't. Part of why it hasn't is that funny enough people don't initiate the first part (driving through the window with intent of killing all inside) very often when they know the odds are high that someone will rapidly shoot them.

Old
  (#35)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)
ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

01-09-2013, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefjeff View Post
Fyi, the biggest danger in a restaurant is a food prepper not washing his hands.

Jeff Livingston
Ya got that right !! You ever seen the show Kitchen Nightmares ?? Uggg... I can't believe how friggin filthy some of these restaurants... Gordon had to close one down immediately, and actually told the patrons to stop eating and them kicked them all out for their own safety.....

I like the NY city way of putting the "grade" from the health inspector right in the front window. I think every town should adopt that process...

Old
  (#36)
chefjeff
No sides, only players
chefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond repute

01-09-2013, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
lame strawman. Please find any news report anywhere in an area of high gun carrying where that has happened. It hasn't. Part of why it hasn't is that funny enough people don't initiate the first part (driving through the window with intent of killing all inside) very often when they know the odds are high that someone will rapidly shoot them.
Economic calculations.

It's similar to a store owner who is the only seller of whatever. He doesn't raise his prices so high that another entrepreneur opens a similar store across the street. He fears the threat of competition even though it doesn't currently exist.

Jeff Livingston

Old
  (#37)
EasyEJL
AzB Silver Member
EasyEJL has a reputation beyond reputeEasyEJL has a reputation beyond reputeEasyEJL has a reputation beyond reputeEasyEJL has a reputation beyond reputeEasyEJL has a reputation beyond reputeEasyEJL has a reputation beyond reputeEasyEJL has a reputation beyond reputeEasyEJL has a reputation beyond reputeEasyEJL has a reputation beyond reputeEasyEJL has a reputation beyond reputeEasyEJL has a reputation beyond repute

01-09-2013, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avmaster View Post
I'd love to be there to watch..........

Sorta like the entertainment I get when others fire my Colt 1911 for the first time...... the trigger catches them all off guard..........
Took my daughter and a female friend (both 16 years old) to the gun range a bit back, not the first time for my daughter. She's in the junior navy ROTC and is usually the top or at worst down to 3rd place for her team in the airgun target shooting. While we were there one of the rangemasters was admiring some of the hardware and mentioned that most 16 year old boys do far worse and are way more scared with ak47s with 100 round drums than the two girls were

Although she doesn't like shooting the lightweight 357 magnum revolver, too much recoil and noise.

Old
  (#38)
TheThaiger
Banned
TheThaiger has a reputation beyond reputeTheThaiger has a reputation beyond reputeTheThaiger has a reputation beyond reputeTheThaiger has a reputation beyond reputeTheThaiger has a reputation beyond reputeTheThaiger has a reputation beyond reputeTheThaiger has a reputation beyond reputeTheThaiger has a reputation beyond reputeTheThaiger has a reputation beyond reputeTheThaiger has a reputation beyond reputeTheThaiger has a reputation beyond repute

01-09-2013, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRJ View Post
Ya got that right !! You ever seen the show Kitchen Nightmares ?? Uggg... I can't believe how friggin filthy some of these restaurants... Gordon had to close one down immediately, and actually told the patrons to stop eating and them kicked them all out for their own safety.....

I like the NY city way of putting the "grade" from the health inspector right in the front window. I think every town should adopt that process...
Health Inspectors? They sound like gooberment stooges to me. They have no business in what I eat.

Et cetera.

Old
  (#39)
poolfool1957
I know the pieces fit
poolfool1957 has a reputation beyond reputepoolfool1957 has a reputation beyond reputepoolfool1957 has a reputation beyond reputepoolfool1957 has a reputation beyond reputepoolfool1957 has a reputation beyond reputepoolfool1957 has a reputation beyond reputepoolfool1957 has a reputation beyond reputepoolfool1957 has a reputation beyond reputepoolfool1957 has a reputation beyond reputepoolfool1957 has a reputation beyond reputepoolfool1957 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

01-09-2013, 12:33 PM

Quote:
I don't want anyone to be deprived of the right to protect their family. But if one wants the same protection high-profile politicians get, then one would have to hire professionals. And c'mon, how much "protection" does one's family really need while eating at a Longbranch Steakhouse in Lenexa, KS?
If only the wife were packing.....she could have popped a couple in him before he bumbled the kill or at the very least she could have fired off a revenge shot (in the name of self defense of course)

Old
  (#40)
Drew
Got a little dog in you?
Drew has a reputation beyond reputeDrew has a reputation beyond reputeDrew has a reputation beyond reputeDrew has a reputation beyond reputeDrew has a reputation beyond reputeDrew has a reputation beyond reputeDrew has a reputation beyond reputeDrew has a reputation beyond reputeDrew has a reputation beyond reputeDrew has a reputation beyond reputeDrew has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 650

01-09-2013, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheThaiger View Post
Health Inspectors? They sound like gooberment stooges to me. They have no business in what I eat.

Et cetera.
No they don't. Just like they have no business in whatever wacky tobacky you like to smoke.

Old
  (#41)
LWW
DEPLORABLE!
LWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

01-09-2013, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Oops.

Why don't I feel safer knowing that some idiot sitting across from me in a restaurant is packing?
Well avoiding one flesh wound is certainly worth empowering the criminal class.

"I can't stand you (LWW). You're one of the worst people I've ever known...You can rot in hell you pathetic loser."
-Bishop-

"Whether or not its a lie is irrelevant."
-Bishop-

"I have better things to do than worry about fact checking whats being published ..."
-336Robin-

"I support Antifa"
-poolfool1957-

"I have high hopes that you (LWW) and your sympathizers will be led to the gallows."
-9BallPaul-

Old
  (#42)
TheThaiger
Banned
TheThaiger has a reputation beyond reputeTheThaiger has a reputation beyond reputeTheThaiger has a reputation beyond reputeTheThaiger has a reputation beyond reputeTheThaiger has a reputation beyond reputeTheThaiger has a reputation beyond reputeTheThaiger has a reputation beyond reputeTheThaiger has a reputation beyond reputeTheThaiger has a reputation beyond reputeTheThaiger has a reputation beyond reputeTheThaiger has a reputation beyond repute

01-09-2013, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWW View Post
Well avoiding one flesh wound is certainly worth empowering the criminal class.
And the 20 children in Sandy Hook?

Old
  (#43)
Drew
Got a little dog in you?
Drew has a reputation beyond reputeDrew has a reputation beyond reputeDrew has a reputation beyond reputeDrew has a reputation beyond reputeDrew has a reputation beyond reputeDrew has a reputation beyond reputeDrew has a reputation beyond reputeDrew has a reputation beyond reputeDrew has a reputation beyond reputeDrew has a reputation beyond reputeDrew has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 650

01-09-2013, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheThaiger View Post
And the 20 children in Sandy Hook?
Would have been 0 if the teachers were carrying.

Old
  (#44)
TheThaiger
Banned

01-09-2013, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post
No they don't. Just like they have no business in whatever wacky tobacky you like to smoke.
No? What about their role in protecting children from whatever wacky tobacky I like to smoke? They have no role there, either? Let 8 year olds take a few blunts to school, yeah?

Old
  (#45)
TheThaiger
Banned

01-09-2013, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post
Would have been 0 if the teachers were carrying.
Do you know what this thread is about?

Page 3 of 11 123 45 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: