Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page Concealed Carry Goes Wrong in Restaurant
Page 5 of 11 « First 345 67 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old
  (#61)
Jimmy M.
Insomniac
Jimmy M. has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy M. has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy M. has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy M. has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy M. has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy M. has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy M. has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy M. has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy M. has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy M. has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy M. has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 8950

01-09-2013, 03:57 PM

And this dumb ass shot HIMSELF while assisting in the arrest of a female fugitive. She must have been pretty tough!

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/201...ficer_rel.html

Old
  (#62)
EasyEJL
AzB Silver Member
EasyEJL has a reputation beyond reputeEasyEJL has a reputation beyond reputeEasyEJL has a reputation beyond reputeEasyEJL has a reputation beyond reputeEasyEJL has a reputation beyond reputeEasyEJL has a reputation beyond reputeEasyEJL has a reputation beyond reputeEasyEJL has a reputation beyond reputeEasyEJL has a reputation beyond reputeEasyEJL has a reputation beyond reputeEasyEJL has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

01-09-2013, 03:57 PM

I'm irritated at the number of dogs shot this last year that either were entirely restrained, or the police officer was at the wrong house.

Old
  (#63)
Jimmy M.
Insomniac
Jimmy M. has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy M. has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy M. has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy M. has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy M. has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy M. has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy M. has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy M. has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy M. has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy M. has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy M. has a reputation beyond repute

01-09-2013, 04:00 PM

LOL. I think I'll stop there. I can see that there's no end in sight if I really wanted to keep going.

Good guys with guns who "accidentally" shoot people is a-ok because they're the good guys. Citizens, on the other hand, really shouldn't be carrying guns. I have to say that I cannot agree with that line of thinking.

Old
  (#64)
Jimmy M.
Insomniac

01-09-2013, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual Observer View Post
It's okay for them to screw up. They're our superiors who work for the government.
That makes them infallible (at least so long as they vote for other control freak government worshipers) and you need to STOP being critical of them, gawddammit!
Next thing you know, you'll be complaining about the soon-to-be $17,000,000,000,000 of debt our rulers are awarding to the next several generations of slaves.
Wonder if Cloward and Piven had any ideas on gun control too?.
I'm not really criticizing them, per se (ok, maybe just a little ), but merely pointing out that the idea that police and other government agencies should be armed, while citizens should not be armed because they pose a risk that the former does not, is an idea that has not been thought through very well.

Anyone have $17,000,000,000,000 I can borrow?

Old
  (#65)
Sev
I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Sev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond repute

01-09-2013, 04:17 PM

I'm sure SJB will explain how we are all so much safer to be around these trained professional asshats.

Keep your head down and admire the shot.

COVFEFE!!

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”---Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Yep. Sev is smarter than you all."
"I dont know much."
"I'm just a flea along for the ride."--366Robin

Revelations of truth undermine a foundation of belief built on lies.---Sev

Old
  (#66)
FreeShot
AzB Silver Member
FreeShot has a reputation beyond reputeFreeShot has a reputation beyond reputeFreeShot has a reputation beyond reputeFreeShot has a reputation beyond reputeFreeShot has a reputation beyond reputeFreeShot has a reputation beyond reputeFreeShot has a reputation beyond reputeFreeShot has a reputation beyond reputeFreeShot has a reputation beyond reputeFreeShot has a reputation beyond reputeFreeShot has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 700

01-09-2013, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
I'm irritated at the number of dogs shot this last year that either were entirely restrained, or the police officer was at the wrong house.
Seriously. That happens way more than it should. I've seen a few videos this year where a police officer shot a dog that was showing no signs of aggression.

Old
  (#67)
Jimmy M.
Insomniac

01-09-2013, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeShot View Post
Seriously. That happens way more than it should. I've seen a few videos this year where a police officer shot a dog that was showing no signs of aggression.
What I don't get is why the need for lethal force? It seems like, pardon the pun, overkill. Will a taser not work on a dog? Pepper spray? Why risk bullets flying around and hitting people, which obviously does happen as proven by one of the articles that I posted? Lethal force should be an absolute last resort.

Old
  (#68)
sjb
evolving player
sjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond repute

01-09-2013, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy M. View Post
Good guys with guns who "accidentally" shoot people is a-ok because they're the good guys.
Who in this thread has taken the position that it's okay for "good guys" to accidentally shoot people?

It sure wasn't me.

Nor have I taken the position that we are all safer around "trained professional asshats."

Here's my position, in hopes it doesn't get twisted yet again into something it's not:

When more people have more guns in more places, I do not think we will be safer overall. But I'm pretty sure more stupid and senseless shit will happen involving guns.

And now we hit the crux of the issue..
Old
  (#69)
Jaden
Dun w/da bullshit 4awhile
Jaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5875

And now we hit the crux of the issue.. - 01-09-2013, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjb View Post
Who in this thread has taken the position that it's okay for "good guys" to accidentally shoot people?

It sure wasn't me.

Nor have I taken the position that we are all safer around "trained professional asshats."

Here's my position, in hopes it doesn't get twisted yet again into something it's not:

When more people have more guns in more places, I do not think we will be safer overall. But I'm pretty sure more stupid and senseless shit will happen involving guns.
This country is not setup so WE can be safer, or for the common good at ALL.

It is designed for individual Liberty to be considered sacrosanct and the individual is most certainly safer with the ability to keep and bear arms than he is relying on someone else to do it for him.

Jaden

Old
  (#70)
Jimmy M.
Insomniac

01-09-2013, 05:09 PM

Quote:

It sure wasn't me.

I would agree that more guns would inherently mean more accidents with guns. I wouldn't even attempt to argue against that. But I'm also not in favor of arming more people just for the sake of "more". I'd actually like to see LESS armed people, honestly, because I'd like to see only the people who regularly train with their firearms out there walking around armed. The catch is that I believe, if you're a law-abiding citizen, you should have access to that training (at your own personal cost, of course) and the right to own and carry a gun if that's your choice.

The problem that I have is that *every* time gun ownership is criticized, it's private ownership that is singled out. When we talk about gun-control, we are exclusively talking about imposing limits on law-abiding citizens. In keeping with that universal gun-control theme, your original post appears to single out private gun ownership and carry, not that more guns "in general" means more stupid and senseless incidents with guns.

I have yet to hear anyone, unless it's one of us "gun nuts", talk about forcing domestic government agencies to adhere to the same gun laws as the law-abiding citizens in this country. The gun-control crowd, to an extent, absolves the lunatics that commit crimes with guns and, instead, seeks to impose restrictions on the law-abiding citizens. The gun-control crowd accepts senseless gun violence, accidental or otherwise, when it's committed by law enforcement or other government agencies, but points to these incidents in the civilian world as proof that we must impose more restrictions on private gun ownership.

If the gun-control crowd were campaigning to impose their limits on all existing gun owners in this country, civilian or otherwise, then I believe their argument would be stronger. However, that isn't the case. They're singling out the group that has, BY FAR, the least blood on its hands out of everyone and saying, "you! we need to restrict your access to these evil weapons!"

No matter how it's presented, I just don't see myself ever buying into that line of thinking.

Old
  (#71)
Stones
YEAH, I'M WOOFING AT YOU!
Stones has a reputation beyond reputeStones has a reputation beyond reputeStones has a reputation beyond reputeStones has a reputation beyond reputeStones has a reputation beyond reputeStones has a reputation beyond reputeStones has a reputation beyond reputeStones has a reputation beyond reputeStones has a reputation beyond reputeStones has a reputation beyond reputeStones has a reputation beyond repute

01-09-2013, 05:31 PM

Quote:
So would I, assuming that CCL holder would have stopped the gunman. But that's a big assumption.

I can't imagine how enraged I would be, though, if I was having dinner with my family and an idiot like this guy "accidentally" put a bullet through the back of my 2 year old nephew's head, instead of in his own wife's thigh.

I don't want anyone to be deprived of the right to protect their family. But if one wants the same protection high-profile politicians get, then one would have to hire professionals. And c'mon, how much "protection" does one's family really need while eating at a Longbranch Steakhouse in Lenexa, KS?
How much protection do people need?

Oh, I'd say about the same amount as the kids and staff in a school in CT or in a movie theater in CO or maybe, just maybe, the same amount as a Luby's cafeteria in Waco, Tx., ETC., etc., etc..

Everyday life has its' risks. You just hope you're not standing near 'em when they go off.

Gee, I'd like to spend a little time in this utopia you've created for yourself where things like this never happen.

Stones< made a little note to myself a long time ago to engage my brain before handling firearms.

"A friend will help you move but a good friend will help you move the body."

"My girlfriend doesn't care what I do when I'm away at the poolroom, as long as I don't have a good time."

"Welcome to all Pool Players, Railbirds and Other Liars."

…the old Lakota was wise. He knew that a man’s heart, away from nature, becomes hard; he knew that lack of respect for growing, living things soon led to lack of respect for humans, too. So he kept his children close to nature’s softening influence.

Last edited by Stones; 01-09-2013 at 05:38 PM.

Old
  (#72)
UGOTDA7
Ban pending.....
UGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond reputeUGOTDA7 has a reputation beyond repute

01-09-2013, 05:48 PM

Quote:

It sure wasn't me.

It's a dangerous world......death in the form of an attack by someone can come knocking for any of us or our families at any time - a home invasion, robbery at a store, shooter at a restaurant, while driving to work, in the parking lot of a pool hall (where I almost got mugged once), etc. I just cannot understand the mentality of not choosing to have a fighting chance against it. It simply makes no sense to me. But what is even worse is to try and deny others this chance to properly defend themselves......that to me is about as misguided and just plain despicable as it gets.

So if I'm concealed carrying when I pay up at Oklahoma Joe's will you be more or less safe?

Old
  (#73)
Sev
I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Sev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond repute

01-09-2013, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGOTDA7 View Post
It's a dangerous world......death in the form of an attack by someone can come knocking for any of us or our families at any time - a home invasion, robbery at a store, shooter at a restaurant, while driving to work, in the parking lot of a pool hall (where I almost got mugged once), etc. I just cannot understand the mentality of not choosing to have a fighting chance against it. It simply makes no sense to me. But what is even worse is to try and deny others this chance to properly defend themselves......that to me is about as misguided and just plain despicable as it gets.

So if I'm concealed carrying when I pay up at Oklahoma Joe's will you be more or less safe?
Its simple.
There at to many cowards in the world that fear anything that they cant control. Therefore since they cant control it and fear it is their stance that it should be banned and criminalize for all except for a select portion of the population.

Keep your head down and admire the shot.

COVFEFE!!

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”---Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Yep. Sev is smarter than you all."
"I dont know much."
"I'm just a flea along for the ride."--366Robin

Revelations of truth undermine a foundation of belief built on lies.---Sev

Old
  (#74)
avmaster
Man of Reason
avmaster has a reputation beyond reputeavmaster has a reputation beyond reputeavmaster has a reputation beyond reputeavmaster has a reputation beyond reputeavmaster has a reputation beyond reputeavmaster has a reputation beyond reputeavmaster has a reputation beyond reputeavmaster has a reputation beyond reputeavmaster has a reputation beyond reputeavmaster has a reputation beyond reputeavmaster has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

01-09-2013, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGOTDA7 View Post

I am always concealed carrying.... and I will damn well gaurantee those around me are more safe because of it, just as those around you are UGOT.

Playing cue: Kenny Murrell
Break cue: 55 year old Helmstetter

Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment.This is because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

Hey, it's your world, I'm just passing through it......

Old
  (#75)
Stones
YEAH, I'M WOOFING AT YOU!
Stones has a reputation beyond reputeStones has a reputation beyond reputeStones has a reputation beyond reputeStones has a reputation beyond reputeStones has a reputation beyond reputeStones has a reputation beyond reputeStones has a reputation beyond reputeStones has a reputation beyond reputeStones has a reputation beyond reputeStones has a reputation beyond reputeStones has a reputation beyond repute

01-09-2013, 08:25 PM

First of all, I have a C & C license.

From the first time I picked up a weapon (Daisy BB gun) as a young kid and had the lessons from my father on gun safety, I have to admit that I'm not at ease at ANYTIME while I or someone with me has a rifle or pistol on them.

I'm constantly on guard no matter where it is. When I'm carrying or at the range or on my ranch.

I am not scared of guns but I am extremely cautious and aware when I'm around them.

As most on NPR know, my family has a hunting ranch in Del Rio, Tx. a few miles from the Rio Grande. The ranch is a major runway for illegals and drug couriers coming up out of Mexico.

The first few years I was on the ranch, I would ocassionaly carry a rifle with me when I was out working. Over the last couple of years though, with a few run ins with illegals and drug traffickers, when I pull through the gate, I load my pistols and rifles before pulling onto the ranch.

I'm more at ease with the guns when I'm by myself than when I'm around other people but not by much.

If I'm carrying in town, I check at least once an hour to see if the safety is engaged.

On the ranch, I'm constantly checking to see if the guns are secure in place and the safeties are engaged as bouncing around on rocky rough roads can rearrange stuff in my vehicle pretty quickly.

Get me around a bunch of guys with weapons and I get paranoid. Are the safeties on? Is the gun loaded? Which way are they pointing it?

Drives me nuts.

The worst case scenario for me is being around a bunch of drunk hunters with loaded weapons. It happens a couple of times a year when we entertain clients.

We have a written in stone rule about no loaded weapons in camp but I still go flat bonkers when the booze is flowing.

Am I nuts or does this happen to any of you other guys?

Stones

"A friend will help you move but a good friend will help you move the body."

"My girlfriend doesn't care what I do when I'm away at the poolroom, as long as I don't have a good time."

"Welcome to all Pool Players, Railbirds and Other Liars."

…the old Lakota was wise. He knew that a man’s heart, away from nature, becomes hard; he knew that lack of respect for growing, living things soon led to lack of respect for humans, too. So he kept his children close to nature’s softening influence.

Last edited by Stones; 01-09-2013 at 08:33 PM.

Page 5 of 11 « First 345 67 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: