Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page "Gun Free Zone" at GOP Convention?
Page 2 of 4 12 34

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
sjb
evolving player
sjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

03-27-2016, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRJ View Post
That's odd, because there has not been one shot fired at all the other meetings, townhalls, and speeches given by any GOP candidate, and I assure you, many were packing.... can't say the same thing about the liberals in Chicago, as it's their own personal shooting range... and should easily hit 2000 shootings again this year...

How many shootings at any Trump property or campaign stop for a GOP candidate in the last 12 months... yeah, we already know...that would be ZERO, but you knew that already, but suddenly you think it would be the wild west if they packed... again.
How can you assure me that many people are packing at Trump rallies?

The Secret Service says otherwise:

Yet for the public, political rallies to which the agency is assigned are decidedly the "gun-free zones" that Trump has explicitly called for ending and that Carson supports doing away with, too, judging from his rhetoric.

In November, Trump told a crowd of several thousand at a rally in Knoxville, Tennessee, that "Paris is one of the places in the world that's toughest on guns" so Parisians were left vulnerable.

"There was nothing anybody can do," he said. "I know one thing, in this room, it's a whole different story, right?" The crowd cheered.

He was right that it was a different story than Paris — but that was because of the Secret Service people in the room, not citizens packing guns.

Asked about the rules after that rally, Secret Service spokeswoman Nicole Mainor said, "Any assumption that non-authorized law enforcement personnel at this venue or any other Secret Service-secured protected event were armed would be inaccurate." She said if someone who did not have authority to bring a weapon showed up with one, that person would be arrested by local authorities.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/gu...s-trump-carson

There haven't been any shootings at any Democratic rallies either, btw. There also haven't been people beaten and assaulted at Democratic rallies. The same can't be said about Trump rallies, however. Who needs the Secret Service at the GOP convention? Just let the supporters all bring their weapons of choice. It'll be the safest place in town.

Old
  (#17)
poolfool1957
I know the pieces fit
poolfool1957 has a reputation beyond reputepoolfool1957 has a reputation beyond reputepoolfool1957 has a reputation beyond reputepoolfool1957 has a reputation beyond reputepoolfool1957 has a reputation beyond reputepoolfool1957 has a reputation beyond reputepoolfool1957 has a reputation beyond reputepoolfool1957 has a reputation beyond reputepoolfool1957 has a reputation beyond reputepoolfool1957 has a reputation beyond reputepoolfool1957 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

03-27-2016, 03:29 PM

I'm with you sjb. I say bring your guns and display them proudly. Why would any true conservative want it any differently?
Let me repeat for the likes of RJ who seems to think anyone here on the left has a problem with it:
I fully support the right of those who chose to carry (open or concealed) into the Republican convention be allowed to do so.

Post a picture of yourself with your shirt off
Bamadog

First off ... nothing will stop ass killings entirely.
LWW

I'm really getting tired of black people........seems they just can't get a clue.
duckie, NPR 09/04/15

group therapy for douchebags
Secaucus Fats

Old
  (#18)
our_auctionguy
The Wall.....
our_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 800

03-27-2016, 03:35 PM

Guns at a political rally or organized event where you have the Nation's top Federal protection force (SS) is not going to happen. All those with guns would interfere with the protection of a candidate, not add to it. The Secret Service has a very serious and critical job to do and the fewer people with guns, the easier it is for them to do their job.

Secondly, if the fear is terrorist attack. Don't think bad guys with guns... think bad guys with high explosives. .Some, bomb sniffing dogs, can alert on ammunition and guns as well. If you want to keep the bomb sniffing dogs busy alerting on everyone's S&W Shield magazine instead of looking for bombs, you could have a more serious problem than some crazy Islamists storming the place with AK-47s. Only takes one or two with explosives in a large crowd to make the Boston Marathon look like child's play. If you allow non-security in with guns, guess what... you are allowing potential suicide terrorists in with guns as well. Everyone forgets these guys' idea of success is taking out infidels even if they lose their life doing it. No guns allowed makes that pretty hard for them to accomplish that.

Thirdly, the reason some event halls do not allow guns is because of the insurance. If non-security vetted people are allowed to have guns, the more ASTRONOMICAL the insurance rates become.

It isn't a gun show for Pete's sake and there isn't a gunshow in the U.S. that allows patrons to be armed with "Loaded" firearms. Unloaded yep. Loaded... NO WAY. Stupid idea. Already seen one idiot deck an anti-Trump visitor. Libs want Trump supporters to be armed hoping one will do something so stupid, that it throws fire on the gun control flames for the Dems to use. Don't fall for it. Keep it sane.

Last edited by our_auctionguy; 03-27-2016 at 03:58 PM.

Old
  (#19)
Allen Brown
Pool Whale
Allen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Brown has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

03-27-2016, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjb View Post
How can you assure me that many people are packing at Trump rallies?

The Secret Service says otherwise:

Yet for the public, political rallies to which the agency is assigned are decidedly the "gun-free zones" that Trump has explicitly called for ending and that Carson supports doing away with, too, judging from his rhetoric.

In November, Trump told a crowd of several thousand at a rally in Knoxville, Tennessee, that "Paris is one of the places in the world that's toughest on guns" so Parisians were left vulnerable.

"There was nothing anybody can do," he said. "I know one thing, in this room, it's a whole different story, right?" The crowd cheered.

He was right that it was a different story than Paris but that was because of the Secret Service people in the room, not citizens packing guns.

Asked about the rules after that rally, Secret Service spokeswoman Nicole Mainor said, "Any assumption that non-authorized law enforcement personnel at this venue or any other Secret Service-secured protected event were armed would be inaccurate." She said if someone who did not have authority to bring a weapon showed up with one, that person would be arrested by local authorities.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/gu...s-trump-carson

There haven't been any shootings at any Democratic rallies either, btw. There also haven't been people beaten and assaulted at Democratic rallies. The same can't be said about Trump rallies, however. Who needs the Secret Service at the GOP convention? Just let the supporters all bring their weapons of choice. It'll be the safest place in town.
I'd like to know exactly what the last sentence that the spokeswoman said means.
Who ever had authority huh?

Old
  (#20)
sjb
evolving player
sjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond repute

03-27-2016, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen Brown View Post
I'd like to know exactly what the last sentence that the spokeswoman said means.
Just read the sentence before it. "Authorized" refers to authorized law enforcement personnel -- no one else.

Old
  (#21)
Sofla
AzB Silver Member
Sofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond repute

03-27-2016, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by our_auctionguy View Post
Guns at a political rally or organized event where you have the Nation's top Federal protection force (SS) is not going to happen. All those with guns would interfere with the protection of a candidate, not add to it. The Secret Service has a very serious and critical job to do and the fewer people with guns, the easier it is for them to do their job.

Secondly, if the fear is terrorist attack. Don't think bad guys with guns... think bad guys with high explosives. .Some, bomb sniffing dogs, can alert on ammunition and guns as well. If you want to keep the bomb sniffing dogs busy alerting on everyone's S&W Shield magazine instead of looking for bombs, you could have a more serious problem than some crazy Islamists storming the place with AK-47s. Only takes one or two with explosives in a large crowd to make the Boston Marathon look like child's play. If you allow non-security in with guns, guess what... you are allowing potential suicide terrorists in with guns as well. Everyone forgets these guys' idea of success is taking out infidels even if they lose their life doing it. No guns allowed makes that pretty hard for them to accomplish that.

Thirdly, the reason some event halls do not allow guns is because of the insurance. If non-security vetted people are allowed to have guns, the more ASTRONOMICAL the insurance rates become.

It isn't a gun show for Pete's sake and there isn't a gunshow in the U.S. that allows patrons to be armed with "Loaded" firearms. Unloaded yep. Loaded... NO WAY. Stupid idea. Already seen one idiot deck an anti-Trump visitor. Libs want Trump supporters to be armed hoping one will do something so stupid, that it throws fire on the gun control flames for the Dems to use. Don't fall for it. Keep it sane.
I've always respected your informed take on such matters. Good points here, and thank you for them.

Is it the same kind of thing in state houses, as in Georgia, in your opinion? There isn't any SS there, and no specific bomb threats I can come up with. My guess is they just don't want to have disgruntled and/or insane people able to commit gun violence on the legislators, for either good or imaginary reasons. What is your take?

The point of modern propaganda isn't only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.

― Garry Kasparov

... the line separating good and evil passes not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either -- but right through every human heart -- and through all human hearts.

― Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn

Old
  (#22)
Sir Scratchalot
AzB Silver Member
Sir Scratchalot has a reputation beyond reputeSir Scratchalot has a reputation beyond reputeSir Scratchalot has a reputation beyond reputeSir Scratchalot has a reputation beyond reputeSir Scratchalot has a reputation beyond reputeSir Scratchalot has a reputation beyond reputeSir Scratchalot has a reputation beyond reputeSir Scratchalot has a reputation beyond reputeSir Scratchalot has a reputation beyond reputeSir Scratchalot has a reputation beyond reputeSir Scratchalot has a reputation beyond repute

03-27-2016, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofla View Post
I've always respected your informed take on such matters. Good points here, and thank you for them.

Is it the same kind of thing in state houses, as in Georgia, in your opinion? There isn't any SS there, and no specific bomb threats I can come up with. My guess is they just don't want to have disgruntled and/or insane people able to commit gun violence on the legislators, for either good or imaginary reasons. What is your take?
This is quite logical, as is the post by our_auctionguy.

In something of a continuation on this direction of thought - guns are, first & foremost, a weapon. They're meant to cause serious bodily harm or death. There are some places such a thing just doesn't belong, especially when in the possession of those without extensive and thorough training. How many gun owners have the tactical awareness and training to avoid unintended casualty in a guns hot scenario, for instance? Not enough, I'd wager.

Weapons in a place where heated debates, flaring tempers and dissatisfied constituents can congregate should be left to trained security personnel.

Having said that, I say let them carry. Encourage them to carry. At the GOP convention, I mean. Lol

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Pimpin' vitamins T&A to the people since '92!

Last edited by Sir Scratchalot; 03-28-2016 at 06:59 AM.

Old
  (#23)
crosseyedjoe
Anywhere but here
crosseyedjoe has a reputation beyond reputecrosseyedjoe has a reputation beyond reputecrosseyedjoe has a reputation beyond reputecrosseyedjoe has a reputation beyond reputecrosseyedjoe has a reputation beyond reputecrosseyedjoe has a reputation beyond reputecrosseyedjoe has a reputation beyond reputecrosseyedjoe has a reputation beyond reputecrosseyedjoe has a reputation beyond reputecrosseyedjoe has a reputation beyond reputecrosseyedjoe has a reputation beyond repute

03-27-2016, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC cue dude View Post
This was a very clever hoax perpetuated by filthy liberals. Spread amongst themselves on social media, it was they who proposed and voted for this in order to make gun owners look bad. No need to look any further than their cesspool of websites to find those that are slapping themselves on the back.

As an example:
http://m.dailykos.com/stories/1506259

I have no problem with republicans carrying guns. And if they feel compelled to carry to a political, nominating convention, I'd much prefer that they crash the dem convention. But only those that are looking for a fight.
Someone is going to fall off the clip for bearing right too much.

The art of crowd control, the presidential style.
Never underestimate the power of fallacy to change the world. -- Umberto Eco

If I'm a serial killer:
Murder Implement: Loaf of bread and Peanut-butter
Torture Implement: Water or milk in front of you while you're choking on peanut-butter sandwich

Last edited by crosseyedjoe; 03-27-2016 at 09:36 PM.

Old
  (#24)
our_auctionguy
The Wall.....
our_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond reputeour_auctionguy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 800

03-27-2016, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofla View Post

We just went through that here in Idaho with a group of people wanting concealed carry without permit or background check. Many showed up on the steps of the Capitol with their ARs and handgins (open carry legal here) to make their statement to pass a bill they pushed for a couple years and kept getting tabled in committee and put on the bottom. Well, Friday, before the spring break the Governor signed it into law. Being an instructor here, my concern has nothing to do with my side business as a firearms instructor for the basic and enhanced concealed carry permits. My becoming an instructor was more too help people learn safety, and how to exercise good awareness and judgement before aver resorting to a weapon. I also train defensive weapon retention and protection as well as defensive shooting. That being said, I was not a supporter of the constitutional concealed carry for many reasons, but that is all moot now.

As to carrying in any government bldg, it is completely legal here in Idaho, including police stations. Schools, courts, and the airport past security is not legal to carry. Campus carry is legal as long as it is concealed and they have the more stringent enhanced permit. Guns have been in the Statehouse forever as elected officials are one of the only classes that have always had the right to carry concealed without a permit. They wrote the law. That was the fact that angered many of those pushing for permitless concealed carry and they used the fact that legislators didn't require background checks, or training to carry concealed, so they wanted the same right..

Last edited by our_auctionguy; 03-27-2016 at 09:55 PM.

Old
  (#25)
LWW
DEPLORABLE!
LWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

03-28-2016, 04:01 AM

Quote:
This ought to be interesting. It is kind of novel to see a faction, who usually rants and raves about states' rights and wails about abuse of executive power, advocate for the governor to override state law with federal law, under the guise of executive authority.

For some reason, I don't foresee an arena full of AK totin' Trump and Cruz supporters turning out well. It may be ugly enough even without the guns.

More than 20,000 sign petition to allow guns at Republican National Convention

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/26/politi...ion/index.html

Washington (CNN) A petition to allow firearms inside the Republican National Convention in Cleveland has collected more than 22,000 signatures as of Saturday afternoon.

"Though Ohio is an open carry state, which allows for the open carry of guns, the hosting venue the Quicken Loans Arena strictly forbids the carry of firearms on their premises," the petition says.
The petition's author, who is identified as "N A," asks the three remaining GOP candidates to ask the Republican National Committee to advocate for changes to this policy.

"In order to ensure the safety of your supporters, delegates and all attendees at the convention in July, you must call upon the RNC to rectify this affront to our Second Amendment freedoms and insist upon a suspension of the Quicken Loans Arena's unconstitutional 'gun-free zone' loophole," the petition reads.

The petition says Cleveland is a violent city and cites the threat of terrorism and all three Republican candidates' opposition to gun-free zones as reasons why attendees should be allowed to carry inside the arena."We are all too familiar with the mass carnage that can occur when citizens are denied their basic God-given rights to carry handguns or assault weapons in public," the petition reads. The petition asks Ohio governor and GOP presidential hopeful John Kasich to use his executive authority to override Ohio's "gun-free zone" laws. And supporters would like RNC Chairman Reince Priebus to explain why a "gun-free" venue was chosen for the Republican convention and to communicate a contingency plan to relocate the convention if nothing changes.

CNN has reached out to the RNC and a convention spokesperson for comment.
The petition comes among heightened concerns about security at the convention. The Cleveland Plain Dealer reported earlier this month that Cleveland plans to buy 2,000 sets of riot gear, including riot-control suits and collapsible batons, as part of the city's latest move to spend a $50 million federal security grant for the convention.
The convention will be held July 18 through July 21.
Oh dear lord the left is bringing this zombie back again.

First this story started out that the RNC wouldn't allow CCW at the convention.

When that was proven to be a spoon fed myth the left then insisted that petitioning the local gubmint to change the law was somehow denying the constitution ... even though the constitution clearly gives every citizen the right to petition the gubmint.

"I can't stand you (LWW). You're one of the worst people I've ever known...You can rot in hell you pathetic loser."
-Bishop-

"Whether or not its a lie is irrelevant."
-Bishop-

"I have better things to do than worry about fact checking whats being published ..."
-336Robin-

"I support Antifa"
-poolfool1957-

"I have high hopes that you (LWW) and your sympathizers will be led to the gallows."
-9BallPaul-

Old
  (#26)
sjb
evolving player

03-28-2016, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWW View Post
Oh dear lord the left is bringing this zombie back again.

First this story started out that the RNC wouldn't allow CCW at the convention.

When that was proven to be a spoon fed myth the left then insisted that petitioning the local gubmint to change the law was somehow denying the constitution ... even though the constitution clearly gives every citizen the right to petition the gubmint.
Okay, genius:

1. Show me where "this story started out that the RNC wouldn't allow CCW at the convention."

2. Show me where "that was proven to be a spoon fed myth."

3. Show me where "the left insisted" that petitioning the local government to change the law was denying the constitution.

Did these "facts" come from the same place as all the rest of your manufactured bullshit?

Old
  (#27)
chefjeff
No sides, only players
chefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond repute

03-28-2016, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen Brown View Post
It means monopoly....and NO ONE has a "right" to break up that.

Jeff Livingston

Old
  (#28)
chefjeff
No sides, only players
chefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond repute

03-28-2016, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Just read the sentence before it. "Authorized" refers to authorized law enforcement personnel -- no one else.
And just where does this "outside" authority come from?

Mysticland.

Jeff Livingston

Old
  (#29)
SARDiver
JCC Chief
SARDiver has a reputation beyond reputeSARDiver has a reputation beyond reputeSARDiver has a reputation beyond reputeSARDiver has a reputation beyond reputeSARDiver has a reputation beyond reputeSARDiver has a reputation beyond reputeSARDiver has a reputation beyond reputeSARDiver has a reputation beyond reputeSARDiver has a reputation beyond reputeSARDiver has a reputation beyond reputeSARDiver has a reputation beyond repute

03-28-2016, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by our_auctionguy View Post
So? Rights should not be curtailed simply to allow law enforcement an easier time.

This whole notion that streets can and should be closed down, cities put on lockdown for dignitaries, and rights stop when the Secret Service says so, is a stark example of the difference between elites and the hoi polloi.

The SS would be concerned with the protection of one or two people at the rally, and not my safety or the safety of my loved ones. Because they are not concerned with the safety of anyone but their "principals", they should not interfere with the rights of others to ensure their own safety.

This is another way that the powerful are separated by the people they supposedly represent.

Old
  (#30)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)
ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

03-28-2016, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolfool1957 View Post
I'm with you sjb. I say bring your guns and display them proudly. Why would any true conservative want it any differently?
Let me repeat for the likes of RJ who seems to think anyone here on the left has a problem with it:
I fully support the right of those who chose to carry (open or concealed) into the Republican convention be allowed to do so.
And I agree... SJB made it sound like there were be a "shoot out" had they brought weapons... when we know who is the most careless around guns is not the so called "right" who grew up with them... they are not shooting their friends, neighbors and 7 year olds walking to school.

And I agree also that is state law says a particular venue you cannot carry, then obey the law and don't carry there... pretty simple really.

RUSSIAN Magic Chalk - "The Best Chalk of the World"

TZAR Tips now available.

"I have been playing pool for 60 years and started using Kamui about four years ago. I tried Magic Chalk several months ago and will use it from now on" - jrhendy - Noted Player and Gambler

Baltic BLUE & Chernobyl GREEN

Check us out in "For Sale" section on AZB

ChicagoRJ, the Minister of Truth and Magic Chalk. - WGDave

Page 2 of 4 12 34

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: