Old
  (#46)
sjb
evolving player
sjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

08-20-2018, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
If the President was your client, would you recommend he volunteer to make a statement under oath and face questions?

I would not, whether he was guilty or not. I think I would even be more adamant about him NOT giving a statement if he was innocent.
That's a tough call. After all, he's not just any run-of-the-mill client. He's the friggin' POTUS.

But on the other hand, considering that he's Donald friggin' Trump. Definitely not. He can't keep his lies straight.

Another thing I'd definitely not do if I was his lawyer, is say all the stupid shit that Giuliani has said.

Old
  (#47)
sjb
evolving player
sjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond repute

08-20-2018, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRJ View Post
WOW. Shocking, you mean a lawyer said that. LOL Sounds like every defense attorney that ever lived. Give it a rest counselor
Uh, no. Other than Rudy, I've never heard any lawyer -- or anyone else for that matter -- say "truth isn't truth."

Prove me wrong.

Old
  (#48)
chefjeff
No sides, only players
chefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond repute

08-20-2018, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjb View Post
The personal attorney of the POTUS actually said this: "Truth isn't truth."

Wow.

1984, anyone?
That just about sums up the whole gang.

Jeff Livingston

Old
  (#49)
chefjeff
No sides, only players
chefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond repute

08-20-2018, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philly View Post
The economy has been improving at a fast clip for 9 years now. Trump's tax bill lowering the rate of the corporate tax, the removal of regulations, and a low interest rate policy help continue that upward trend. The point is that the means does not necessarily justify the end. Economies never go up forever. Trump is responsible for the continuing uptrend in the economy and if and when the bottom drops out, it will be on his watch.

Same as immigration policy. I am all for tough immigration laws but in that case the means does not justify the ends. He does everything one way, heavy handed. Sometimes actual thought is necessary rather than impulsive reactions.
Dear Leaders are always heavy handed. That's what people vote for them to be.

The rulebook is too pesky to get things done by the heavy handed, so they blow it off and get away with breaking the rules and the voters vote for them to do more of it.

Patterns.

Jeff Livingston

PS Yes, tax cuts DO help any economy. Good call there.

Old
  (#50)
overlord
AzB Silver Member
overlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond repute

08-20-2018, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Uh, no. Other than Rudy, I've never heard any lawyer -- or anyone else for that matter -- say "truth isn't truth."

Prove me wrong.
Counselor do you believe their was " collusion " with the Russians?

Are you maintaining that there was treason? Do you feel that Trump is Putin's puppet.

Do you really believe that? If you do, you may have your own problems with Truth.

Do you believe that Hillary would have won if not for Putin?

I believe this whole charade is just a political machination to try to sway the mid-terms.

Given your comments its hard to see how you could ever be the equitable scales of justice.

Old
  (#51)
sjb
evolving player

08-20-2018, 07:37 AM

I'll wait for the results of the investigation, thank you.

I'm curious though . . . for the contingent here (among which I believe you to be a member -- excuse me if I'm wrong), who consider the late Senator Joesph McCarthy "an American hero," what do you think of Trump's recent comparison of what Mueller is doing to what McCarthy did?

Old
  (#52)
chefjeff
No sides, only players

08-20-2018, 07:42 AM

Quote:

Prove me wrong.
Irwin Shiff's case.

He died in his late 80's, shackled to his bed because the judge told him, in a nutshell, that the truth he wrote about wasn't truth and if he sold his books containing the truth he'd go to jail as the govt's way of shutting him up. The judge got away with it.

The "voluntary" income tax still lives on, and if you don't pay "voluntarily," you'll learn the real truth about statism in a hurry.

If I punch you in the nose there are two truths: 1. your nose hurts, 2. my nose doesn't

Jeff Livingston

Last edited by chefjeff; 08-20-2018 at 08:22 AM.

Old
  (#53)
philly
AzB Silver Member
philly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond repute

08-20-2018, 07:48 AM

Quote:

I'm curious though . . . for the contingent here (among which I believe you to be a member -- excuse me if I'm wrong), who consider the late Senator Joesph McCarthy "an American hero," what do you think of Trump's recent comparison of what Mueller is doing to what McCarthy did?
We have visited that before. Many here are McCarthyites. Roy Cohn was Trumps mentor. Remember when Trump said "Where is my Roy Cohn." Sickening.

Pool may not build character but it certainly will reveal it.

"Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis" Unencumbered By The Thought Process

How do you feel? Fast and loose, man.

Old
  (#54)
overlord
AzB Silver Member
overlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond repute

08-20-2018, 08:03 AM

Quote:

Well now, how clever. You are trying to deflect away from my question. Counselor: do you believe the president of the US has committed treason in a conspiracy with Vladimir Putin?

Prosecutors try to secure convictions.

As far as tail gunner Joe is concerned, hero may be stretching it. I would define him as an American necessity. Is your opinion that the US should have tolerated communists?

Bobby Kennedy was a strident commie hunter and the Kennedy girls dated Joe M.. Bobby was at Joe's funeral. Joe Kennedy the patriarch was stridently and vocally against the US getting into World War Two.

FDR circumvented his own ambassador to the court of St. James and relieved JK. JK was spending a lot of time with the Clivedon Set.

Old
  (#55)
overlord
AzB Silver Member

08-20-2018, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philly View Post
We have visited that before. Many here are McCarthyites. Roy Cohn was Trumps mentor. Remember when Trump said "Where is my Roy Cohn." Sickening.
RC was not Trump’s mentor he was his attorney. Roy had many failings but his intolerance for commies was not one of them.

Old
  (#56)
sjb
evolving player

08-20-2018, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlord View Post
Well now, how clever. You are trying to deflect away from my question. Counselor: do you believe the president of the US has committed treason in a conspiracy with Vladimir Putin?

Prosecutors try to secure convictions.

As far as tail gunner Joe is concerned, hero may be stretching it. I would define him as an American necessity. Is your opinion that the US should have tolerated communists?

Bobby Kennedy was a strident commie hunter and the Kennedy girls dated Joe M.. Bobby was at Joe's funeral. Joe Kennedy the patriarch was stridently and vocally against the US getting into World War Two.

FDR circumvented his own ambassador to the court of St. James and relieved JK. JK was spending a lot of time with the Clivedon Set.
Like I said, I'll await the results of the investigation. But I wouldn't put anything past the habitual liar, con man, birther, cheater, and reality show blowhard that is Donald Trump.

So . . . which one was the witch hunt? McCarthy's investigation or Mueller's? Your POTUS seems to think they're the same.

Old
  (#57)
Mr. Wilson
Was
Mr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2700

08-20-2018, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Like I said, I'll await the results of the investigation. But I wouldn't put anything past the habitual liar, con man, birther, cheater, and reality show blowhard that is Donald Trump.

So . . . which one was the witch hunt? McCarthy's investigation or Mueller's? Your POTUS seems to think they're the same.
Sounds like libel from here.

"Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in."

-- Mark Twain

336Robin "This smells of a Prid Quo Pro"

Old
  (#58)
avmaster
Man of Reason
avmaster has a reputation beyond reputeavmaster has a reputation beyond reputeavmaster has a reputation beyond reputeavmaster has a reputation beyond reputeavmaster has a reputation beyond reputeavmaster has a reputation beyond reputeavmaster has a reputation beyond reputeavmaster has a reputation beyond reputeavmaster has a reputation beyond reputeavmaster has a reputation beyond reputeavmaster has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

08-20-2018, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Rudy's explanation today:

"My statement was not meant as a pontification on moral theology but one referring to the situation where two people make precisely contradictory statements, the classic “he said,she said” puzzle. Sometimes further inquiry can reveal the truth other times it doesn’t."

Uh, okay Rudy. But the truth is still the truth. In the "he said, she said" scenario, chances are that one of them is telling the truth and the other one is lying (unless they're both lying). No matter though, the truth is the truth.

This whole "perjury trap" angle is nonsense. Anyone who tells the truth does not get charged with or convicted of perjury. I'd challenge Rudy, or anyone else, to show me a case where someone telling the truth was charged with perjury and convicted.
This pretty much sums up your credibility ...............

Playing cue: Kenny Murrell
Break cue: 55 year old Helmstetter

Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment.This is because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

Hey, it's your world, I'm just passing through it......

Old
  (#59)
overlord
AzB Silver Member

08-20-2018, 08:51 AM

Quote:

The hate is strong in you counselor. I've often maintained that nobody hates like the left.

The double standard is strong in you as well. I don't remember you holding Obama's feet to the fire when he was lying like a man with his pants of fire.

Old
  (#60)
sjb
evolving player

08-20-2018, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avmaster View Post
This pretty much sums up your credibility ...............
So show me a case where someone telling the truth was charged with and convicted of perjury.

Do you find Giuliani or Trump to be credible?

Page 4 of 8 « First 234 56 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: