Old
  (#61)
Sofla
AzB Silver Member
Sofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

08-20-2018, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjb View Post
Rudy's explanation today:

"My statement was not meant as a pontification on moral theology but one referring to the situation where two people make precisely contradictory statements, the classic “he said,she said” puzzle. Sometimes further inquiry can reveal the truth other times it doesn’t."

Uh, okay Rudy. But the truth is still the truth. In the "he said, she said" scenario, chances are that one of them is telling the truth and the other one is lying (unless they're both lying). No matter though, the truth is the truth.

This whole "perjury trap" angle is nonsense. Anyone who tells the truth does not get charged with or convicted of perjury. I'd challenge Rudy, or anyone else, to show me a case where someone telling the truth was charged with perjury and convicted.
It was Susan McDougal's opinion that would happen to her if she testified to Ken Starr's grand jury, so she took jailing under a contempt charge instead.

Quote:
Her refusal to answer "three questions" for a grand jury, on whether President Bill Clinton lied in his testimony during her Whitewater trial, led her to receive a jail sentence of 18 months for contempt of court. That made up most of the total 22 months she spent incarcerated.
Her view was that if she answered, she would be charged with perjury.

But a perjury trap is where there is no other other crime being investigated, and so, setting up perjury is the only charge really being sought, to manufacture one where otherwise none exist.

That really isn't Mueller's situation here, imo. He is looking at obstruction of justice, among other actual crimes. And PDJT's mens rea is an important fact regarding that inquiry, but may have been revealed by WH Counsel's Don McGahn's cooperative 30 hours of testimony already. As it turns out his defense attorney also represents Reince Preibus and Sean Spicer, both of whom were knowledgeable about some of these same meetings and discussions.

The point of modern propaganda isn't only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.

― Garry Kasparov

... the line separating good and evil passes not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either -- but right through every human heart -- and through all human hearts.

― Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn

Old
  (#62)
sjb
evolving player
sjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond repute

08-20-2018, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlord View Post
The hate is strong in you counselor. I've often maintained that nobody hates like the left.

The double standard is strong in you as well. I don't remember you holding Obama's feet to the fire when he was lying like a man with his pants of fire.
Well you don't have much of a memory. I said multiple times here that Obama was full of shit about various issues.

So which witch hunt is the witch hunt which you think is a real witch hunt? Mueller or McCarthy?

Or do you think your POTUS Trump is just too ignorant to understand the difference?

Old
  (#63)
sjb
evolving player
sjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond repute

08-20-2018, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofla View Post
It was Susan McDougal's opinion that would happen to her if she testified to Ken Starr's grand jury, so she took jailing under a contempt charge instead.

Her view was that if she answered, she would be charged with perjury.

But a perjury trap is where there is no other other crime being investigated, and so, setting up perjury is the only charge really being sought, to manufacture one where otherwise none exist.

That really isn't Mueller's situation here, imo. He is looking at obstruction of justice, among other actual crimes. And PDJT's mens rea is an important fact regarding that inquiry, but may have been revealed by WH Counsel's Don McGahn's cooperative 30 hours of testimony already. As it turns out his defense attorney also represents Reince Preibus and Sean Spicer, both of whom were knowledgeable about some of these same meetings and discussions.
Thanks, but that still isn't an instance of someone who has not lied being charged with and convicted of perjury.

Old
  (#64)
Mr. Wilson
Was
Mr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2700

08-20-2018, 09:07 AM

Quote:

Do you find Giuliani or Trump to be credible?
Compared to YOU?

Absolutely.

"Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in."

-- Mark Twain

336Robin "This smells of a Prid Quo Pro"

Old
  (#65)
sjb
evolving player

08-20-2018, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wilson View Post
Compared to YOU?

Absolutely.
Oh gee. What will I ever do?

Now, what do you think of Giuliani's and Trump's credibility on their own merits?

Old
  (#66)
overlord
AzB Silver Member
overlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond repute

08-20-2018, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Well you don't have much of a memory. I said multiple times here that Obama was full of shit about various issues.

So which witch hunt is the witch hunt which you think is a real witch hunt? Mueller or McCarthy?

Or do you think your POTUS Trump is just too ignorant to understand the difference?
McCarthy was right about some folks and wrong about others. The problem with Mueller, is there is no crime and his target is the president of the US.

He is not just my president counselor but yours too.

That's the irony of this whole little episode. The God-Emperor of the American left FDR allowed his administration to be populated with Soviet Agents.

The former Soviet Union lost 15 of its republics and now has a GDP behind the state of Texas.

You Demos act like Putin is the wizard of Oz. I find the whole thing to be comedic in nature.

Old
  (#67)
Hunter
The King of Memes
Hunter has a reputation beyond reputeHunter has a reputation beyond reputeHunter has a reputation beyond reputeHunter has a reputation beyond reputeHunter has a reputation beyond reputeHunter has a reputation beyond reputeHunter has a reputation beyond reputeHunter has a reputation beyond reputeHunter has a reputation beyond reputeHunter has a reputation beyond reputeHunter has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1000
Location: Arizona: Land of a Half Million Illegal Immigrants and a "dry heat"...

08-20-2018, 09:44 AM

I'm just wondering how many times a lawyer can say the word Truth without spontaneously combusting? Am I the only one here that thinks that a lawyer trying to explain the Truth is like having a conversation with a priest about sexual techniques with a grown woman?

"I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain it to you"...

Old
  (#68)
Mr. Wilson
Was
Mr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2700

08-20-2018, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Oh gee. What will I ever do?

Now, what do you think of Giuliani's and Trump's credibility on their own merits?

Their own merits? EVERYBODY knows them.....you? Meh. Who wants to know you?

All you offer is slander and libel.

"Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in."

-- Mark Twain

336Robin "This smells of a Prid Quo Pro"

Old
  (#69)
philly
AzB Silver Member
philly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond reputephilly has a reputation beyond repute

08-20-2018, 10:13 AM

I am thinking that Rudy, running his mouth without thinking about what he is saying, walking everything he says back, may actually end up being dangerous and incriminating for Trump in the future. He is his personal lawyer after all and therefore represents him personally.

Pool may not build character but it certainly will reveal it.

"Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis" Unencumbered By The Thought Process

How do you feel? Fast and loose, man.

Old
  (#70)
sjb
evolving player

08-20-2018, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wilson View Post
Their own merits? EVERYBODY knows them.....you? Meh. Who wants to know you?

All you offer is slander and libel.
Of course everybody knows Rudy and Donnie. Duh.

Everybody also knows OJ.

Being "known" doesn't make any of them credible.

I'm happy to not be a "known" public figure. I value my privacy.

I've not slandered or libeled anyone. Trump is a lying con man, and has a bumbling fool for a lawyer.

Old
  (#71)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)
ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

08-20-2018, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Uh, no. Other than Rudy, I've never heard any lawyer -- or anyone else for that matter -- say "truth isn't truth."

Prove me wrong.
Lawyers are scum for the most part, so the truth matters not. You think "truth" matters to a criminal defense attorney? Of course not, they will come up with a bs defense even if their client told him he killed 10 people... so don't give me this crap... And if someone "misspoke" in the past, not under oath, but now swears to something that is slightly different than remembered you can get charged with perjury. And thus, by telling the truth under oath you can get penalized. so, maybe the "truth is not always the truth", huh ?

And if you case you missed it, I was on record that Rudy should have not have been hired, he should have been fired on his very first misstep. And he's stepped in it, but like Hillary, you don't say it out loud and only behind closed doors. Hillary had two persona's.... Trump and Rudy only have one. That is why neither is cut out for politics, and why the swamp will always be a swamp.

RUSSIAN Magic Chalk - "The Best Chalk of the World"

TZAR Tips now available.

"I have been playing pool for 60 years and started using Kamui about four years ago. I tried Magic Chalk several months ago and will use it from now on" - jrhendy - Noted Player and Gambler

Baltic BLUE & Chernobyl GREEN

Check us out in "For Sale" section on AZB

ChicagoRJ, the Minister of Truth and Magic Chalk. - WGDave

Last edited by ChicagoRJ; 08-20-2018 at 11:09 AM.

Old
  (#72)
tom haney
AzB Silver Member
tom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond repute

08-20-2018, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Uh, no. Other than Rudy, I've never heard any lawyer -- or anyone else for that matter -- say "truth isn't truth."

Prove me wrong.
I'm pretty sure Billy Bonkers said it in Yonkers one time.

God bless each and every one of you

Old
  (#73)
overlord
AzB Silver Member
overlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond repute

08-20-2018, 12:15 PM

Just reviewed that snippet with Giuliani about " truth " and really feel its much ado about nothing.

All politicians lie. Anybody that tells the truth will never ever get anywhere near the White House.

The politicians that don't lie: watch out for them, they are fanatics.

Its not Trump that offends the DC establishment so much as the people that voted for him.

Old
  (#74)
sjb
evolving player

08-20-2018, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlord View Post
Just reviewed that snippet with Giuliani about " truth " and really feel its much ado about nothing.

All politicians lie. Anybody that tells the truth will never ever get anywhere near the White House.

The politicians that don't lie: watch out for them, they are fanatics.

Its not Trump that offends the DC establishment so much as the people that voted for him.
Well, at least thanks for letting us know that you don't think the truth matters much.

Old
  (#75)
jimmyg
Mook! What's a Mook?
jimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond repute

08-20-2018, 12:32 PM

The man has left his best days far behind him, God only knows what he really meant to say..I'll bet, at this stage, Rudy doesn't have a clue.

Page 5 of 8 « First 345 67 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: