Pay for the Wall
Old
  (#1)
sjb
evolving player
sjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Pay for the Wall - 01-10-2019, 11:43 AM

During his campaign in 2016, Trump outlined his plan on how to make Mexico pay for the wall.

Here it is: https://assets.donaldjtrump.com/Pay_for_the_Wall.pdf

Why is he now demanding that it be paid for by American taxpayers, and shutting down the government to make it happen?

He clearly had a plan with specific steps laid out. Why hasn't he done any of it?

He had a fully Republican-controlled Congress for two whole years and did squat with his plan.

Oh well, what else should be expected from a lying con man?

Old
  (#2)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
01-10-2019, 11:49 AM

Why is the onus on Mexico, solely?

There are a lotta countries south of the border that are partaking in the USA's goodness.

Old
  (#3)
sjb
evolving player
sjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond repute

01-10-2019, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Balled View Post
Why is the onus on Mexico, solely?

There are a lotta countries south of the border that are partaking in the USA's goodness.
You'd need to ask Trump that question.

It was his promise, and his plan -- not mine.

Old
  (#4)
Celophanewrap
Call me Grace
Celophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

01-10-2019, 12:09 PM

Hasn't he recently said that he had other ways to pay for the wall?

or that he would make the military build the wall?

Last edited by Celophanewrap; 01-10-2019 at 12:14 PM.

Old
  (#5)
Sev
I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Sev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond repute

01-10-2019, 12:16 PM

I dont recall Trump ever saying that Mexico would actually be writing a check to pay for the wall.

Keep your head down and admire the shot.

COVFEFE!!

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”---Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Yep. Sev is smarter than you all."
"I dont know much."
"I'm just a flea along for the ride."--366Robin

Revelations of truth undermine a foundation of belief built on lies.---Sev

Old
  (#6)
sjb
evolving player

01-10-2019, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
I dont recall Trump ever saying that Mexico would actually be writing a check to pay for the wall.
Here's what he said:

"It's an easy decision for Mexico: make a one-time payment of $5-10 billion to ensure that $24 billion continues to flow into their country year after year."

Read the memo from his campaign.

He not only said it -- he promised it. Repeatedly.

Old
  (#7)
hitman22
AzB Silver Member
hitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond reputehitman22 has a reputation beyond repute

01-10-2019, 12:23 PM

We have to deal with the now.Pissing on Him don't help...

Old
  (#8)
btown
AzB Silver Member
btown has a reputation beyond reputebtown has a reputation beyond reputebtown has a reputation beyond reputebtown has a reputation beyond reputebtown has a reputation beyond reputebtown has a reputation beyond reputebtown has a reputation beyond reputebtown has a reputation beyond reputebtown has a reputation beyond reputebtown has a reputation beyond reputebtown has a reputation beyond repute

01-10-2019, 12:29 PM

I understand all the lefts cries and concerns about how he said Mexico would pay but now he wants the american tax payers to pay.

But the fact of the matter is he is not pushing for us to get a wall because Mexico owes us one. But because we need one..

If we can get Mexico to pay for it great, but only a idiot would think we are waiting for Mexico to write a check before we start taking care of ourselves ANYWAY..

Typical problem of the left is refusing to take care of their own responsibilities.

Old
  (#9)
u12armresl
One Pocket back cutter
u12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond repute

01-10-2019, 12:35 PM

Only an idiot would think that he would fulfill his campaign promise, his main campaign promise to build that wall?

All his voters believed this, what does that say about them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by btown View Post
I understand all the lefts cries and concerns about how he said Mexico would pay but now he wants the american tax payers to pay.

But the fact of the matter is he is not pushing for us to get a wall because Mexico owes us one. But because we need one..

If we can get Mexico to pay for it great, but only a idiot would think we are waiting for Mexico to write a check before we start taking care of ourselves ANYWAY..

Typical problem of the left is refusing to take care of their own responsibilities.

Old
  (#10)
Sev
Sev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond repute

01-10-2019, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjb View Post
Here's what he said:

"It's an easy decision for Mexico: make a one-time payment of $5-10 billion to ensure that $24 billion continues to flow into their country year after year."

Read the memo from his campaign.

He not only said it -- he promised it. Repeatedly.
Yup. He said that.
Now where in that statement does he state that he actually expected Mexico would?

By the way.

Obama also said that "If you like your doctor. You can keep your doctor"
If you like your insurance plan you can keep your insurance plan.
The affordable health care act will on average save Americans an average 2500.00 a year.

I dont seem to recall you or anybody on the left complaining about those statements being false.
Which has proven to have done actual economic harm to US citizens.
As a matter of fact I recall you defending those statements and more during the entire time that debate raged.

COVFEFE!!

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”---Martin Luther King, Jr.

"I dont know much."

Old
  (#11)
Celophanewrap
Call me Grace
Celophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond reputeCelophanewrap has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

01-10-2019, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by btown View Post

Isn't that what he said?
Besides, not everyone here thinks that type of barrier is what is needed.
The "wall" has gone from 3 or 4 billion to 25 billion, from 2000 miles to 700 miles,
Maybe what he needs first is a straight story that they can turn down.
Not that they will, but maybe it's easier to being to negotiate from a solid spot instead
of an ever-mobile position

Old
  (#12)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

01-10-2019, 12:41 PM

Quote:
What do u-spin his statement 'mexico will pay for it' to mean, then?

Did Billy Clinton write that line for him?

Old
  (#13)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies

01-10-2019, 12:43 PM

Selective recollection, deflection and unrelated allegations.

Carry on.
Quote:
Yup. He said that.
Now where in that statement does he state that he actually expected Mexico would?

By the way.

Obama also said that "If you like your doctor. You can keep your doctor"
If you like your insurance plan you can keep your insurance plan.
The affordable health care act will on average save Americans an average 2500.00 a year.

I dont seem to recall you or anybody on the left complaining about those statements being false.
Which has proven to have done actual economic harm to US citizens.
As a matter of fact I recall you defending those statements and more during the entire time that debate raged.

Old
  (#14)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies

01-10-2019, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by u12armresl View Post
Only an idiot would think that he would fulfill his campaign promise, his main campaign promise to build that wall?

All his voters believed this, what does that say about them?
So now our political traditions are thrown aside?!

The whole campaign process is a con job and they all con us in every way they can.

Old
  (#15)
Sev

01-10-2019, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Balled View Post
What do u-spin his statement 'mexico will pay for it' to mean, then?

Did Billy Clinton write that line for him?
No spin.
He never defined specifically how Mexico would pay for it in the end.

For instance.

Remember in the past how indentured servitude was supposed to work.
Indentured servants worked off their debt.

There are other means to make people and countries pay for something.

COVFEFE!!

"I dont know much."

Page 1 of 7 1 23 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: