Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Crystal Herbert Scimshawed Chalker: AWESOME

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Crystal Herbert Scimshawed Chalker: AWESOME
Old
  (#1)
johnnysd
AzB Silver Member
johnnysd has a reputation beyond reputejohnnysd has a reputation beyond reputejohnnysd has a reputation beyond reputejohnnysd has a reputation beyond reputejohnnysd has a reputation beyond reputejohnnysd has a reputation beyond reputejohnnysd has a reputation beyond reputejohnnysd has a reputation beyond reputejohnnysd has a reputation beyond reputejohnnysd has a reputation beyond reputejohnnysd has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Crystal Herbert Scimshawed Chalker: AWESOME - 03-05-2019, 06:29 PM

I wanted to share the new chalker that Crystal Herbert made for me with an assist from Gil Castillo.

I have always loved Scrimshawed cues and there is this random symbol I like (the one on back of chalker) and I saw a Gilbert with Crystal's Scrimshaw that had symbols very much like the one I like.

Scrimshawed cues are always uber expensive, but I sent an email to Crystal inquiring what a chalker would cost.

She did not even know what a chalker was but I explained it to her, and she came back with an extremely reasonable cost for the Scrimshaw.

I asked for a Western Dragon on one side, my symbol and initials on the other and a vague description of the other components such as a handle and a leather chalk cube.

Ultimately, almost everything was done by Crystal. She turned the Amboyna handke, chose the neat coin as the central focus and put it all together in a truly elegant way.

The leather cue holder itself was really hard to find, but eventually found that Castillo did them and I chose one that fits the Dragon them perfectly.

I really treasure it and it is far nicer than I could ever have imagined. The dragon artwork is incredible, and the entire design is elegant and refined.

I know many people hate chalkers, but I wanted to share this special one.

Crystal seemed to enjoy making it, and I think someone else has ordered one from her. She was fantastic to work with. Here is a plug for her site:

https://sites.google.com/site/cuescrimshaw/home
Attached Images

Old
  (#2)
johnnysd
AzB Silver Member
johnnysd has a reputation beyond reputejohnnysd has a reputation beyond reputejohnnysd has a reputation beyond reputejohnnysd has a reputation beyond reputejohnnysd has a reputation beyond reputejohnnysd has a reputation beyond reputejohnnysd has a reputation beyond reputejohnnysd has a reputation beyond reputejohnnysd has a reputation beyond reputejohnnysd has a reputation beyond reputejohnnysd has a reputation beyond repute

03-05-2019, 06:30 PM

Pictures are a bit blurry will try and fix that.

Old
  (#3)
alphadog
AzB Silver Member
alphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond repute

03-05-2019, 07:09 PM

Pics could be better but nice looking personalized chalker.

A bull without horns is still dangerous.

Law of logical arguement-Anything is possible when you dont know what you are talking about.

Old
  (#4)
dbgordie
Thread Killer!!
dbgordie has a reputation beyond reputedbgordie has a reputation beyond reputedbgordie has a reputation beyond reputedbgordie has a reputation beyond reputedbgordie has a reputation beyond reputedbgordie has a reputation beyond reputedbgordie has a reputation beyond reputedbgordie has a reputation beyond reputedbgordie has a reputation beyond reputedbgordie has a reputation beyond reputedbgordie has a reputation beyond repute

03-05-2019, 07:15 PM

Very cool! Thanks for sharing!

"It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain

An old timer at work once told me... "Opinions are like assholes and elbows, everybody has one, some people have two."

AKA Noah Buddy

AZB Member #108686

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: