Old
  (#826)
Bob Jewett
Northern California

Bob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

09-28-2019, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfigueroa View Post
... At the DCC they clean the balls late at night/early morning. ...
Well, for the 14.1 challenge at DCC the balls were cleaned several times per day and whenever a player asked for clean balls at the start of a set of turns.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#827)
wayne
AzB Silver Member
wayne has a reputation beyond reputewayne has a reputation beyond reputewayne has a reputation beyond reputewayne has a reputation beyond reputewayne has a reputation beyond reputewayne has a reputation beyond reputewayne has a reputation beyond reputewayne has a reputation beyond reputewayne has a reputation beyond reputewayne has a reputation beyond reputewayne has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

09-28-2019, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecentShot View Post
If you want to break a record you gotta do it on real equipment. This 5 inch pocket non-sense can go pound sand.
Mosconi set the record on a 4x8 table with 5 and 1/4 inch corner pockets.

Old
  (#828)
lfigueroa
AzB Silver Member
lfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond repute

09-28-2019, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Jewett View Post
Well, for the 14.1 challenge at DCC the balls were cleaned several times per day and whenever a player asked for clean balls at the start of a set of turns.

Yes, for the 14.1 Challenge that was true.

But I was talking about the tournament at large.

Lou Figueroa

526 Table Size
Old
  (#829)
xradarx
AzB Silver Member
xradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond repute

526 Table Size - 09-28-2019, 07:29 AM

The nominal size of a table (expressed in feet) is 8'' more than the length of its playing area. The advertised size (or quoted size) of a standard pool table is exactly equal to its nominal size, except in two cases:
A standard 7' table has a true nominal size of 7' 2'' corresponding to a playbed length of 78'' (not 76'' ).
An 8' table has a nominal size of 8' 4'' corresponding to a playing area 92'' long (not 94'' ). Tables of that unusual size are also referred to as oversize 8 foot tables (or even 8 foot tables, which they're not).

4'x8' tables was the common size table for the home player.
Ref: 8-1/2' table above. These were generally known as 4-1/2'x8' oversize tables common to all businesses. The between the rail nose measurements were 46"x92" playing surface. There were thousands around the country. Most joints had one or more and some pool parlors had many of them. These tables were available from the 20s to well into the 90s, before they began to give way to the competition 4-1/2'x9' with 50"x100" playing surfaces and to the 5'x10' tables.
The game hasn't changed, only the players and the tables. Even the rules to play by have not changed either!

Old
  (#830)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member
jrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond repute

09-28-2019, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xradarx View Post
The nominal size of a table (expressed in feet) is 8'' more than the length of its playing area. The advertised size (or quoted size) of a standard pool table is exactly equal to its nominal size, except in two cases:
A standard 7' table has a true nominal size of 7' 2'' corresponding to a playbed length of 78'' (not 76'' ).
An 8' table has a nominal size of 8' 4'' corresponding to a playing area 92'' long (not 94'' ). Tables of that unusual size are also referred to as oversize 8 foot tables (or even 8 foot tables, which they're not).

Ref: 8-1/2' table above. These were generally known as 4-1/2'x8' oversize tables common to all businesses. The between the rail nose measurements were 46"x92" playing surface. There were thousands around the country. Most joints had one or more and some pool parlors had many of them. These tables were available from the 20s to well into the 90s, before they began to give way to the competition 4-1/2'x9' with 50"x100" playing surfaces and to the 5'x10' tables.
The game hasn't changed, only the players and the tables. Even the rules to play by have not changed either!
Yeah, we all know water is wet.

I knew a fellow that thought he was a good boxer because he was in a position to befriend a lot of "professional boxers". It cost him azzwhippens till he realized he wasn't what he thought/wished he was.

Do you know anyone like the "wannabe" boxer in the pool world?

js626 no arguments
Old
  (#831)
xradarx
AzB Silver Member
xradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond repute

js626 no arguments - 09-28-2019, 08:37 AM

Don't let your bark be bigger than your stroke.

If I had plenty of money, I would probably lose more often.

Your arguments have fallen on deaf ears, No? Only water left to talk about?
About to turn spigot off?

Old
  (#832)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member
jrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond repute

09-28-2019, 08:45 AM

Quote:

Don't let your bark be bigger than your stroke.

If I had plenty of money, I would probably lose more often.

Your arguments have fallen on deaf ears, No? Only water left to talk about?
About to turn spigot off?
Just saying. Every player on the planet knows what you posted.

I knew a fellow that thought he was a good boxer because he was in a position to befriend a lot of "professional boxers". It cost him azzwhippens till he realized he wasn't what he thought/wished he was.

Do you know anyone like the "wannabe" boxer in the pool world?

Old
  (#833)
logical
sarcasm while you wait
logical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

09-28-2019, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrctherake View Post
Just saying. Every player on the planet knows what you posted.
Yup, a 9 foot table is bigger than an 8 foot table.

We really should look into the whole cloth color aspect of this next. Even if they were both green were they the same shade of green?

And if 626 was on blue I suspect the whole thing is null and void.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Old
  (#834)
AtLarge
AzB Gold Member
AtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond repute

09-28-2019, 09:42 AM

Quote:

By way of comparison -- The playing surfaces on Diamond's 3 table sizes move in equal steps -- 40x80, 45x90, 50x100. And the exterior dimensions for all of them are 14" wider and 14" longer than the playing surfaces.

Old
  (#835)
DecentShot
AzB Silver Member
DecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond repute

09-28-2019, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne View Post
Mosconi set the record on a 4x8 table with 5 and 1/4 inch corner pockets.
which is precisely why I think the 526 is BS too. I have the record for most consecutive made 3 pointers from NBA range in history...oh I mean the hoop was bigger, but thats cool right? Gtfo. In NO other sport would we think this was okay.

Old
  (#836)
JazzyJeff87
AzB Plutonium Member
JazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond repute

09-28-2019, 10:34 AM

Man this is still going on lol...

Lou - have you ever seen John polish balls during a run? You have mentioned it many times now and have intimated that he polishes them in a machine before every break shot so they will spread better, thus cheating. Ive never seen him do it or heard of it from anyone but you, who has been proven to be a non objective participant in this situation lol.

Xradarx - are you claiming to be Frank Alamanza? Also...can you actually play pool at all?

Quote:
Keep'em guessing! I do know, but I'm not, along came jones, slow walking jones, slow talking jones, telling here or anywhere.
You know he played on a table with big 5 pockets?

Old
  (#837)
xradarx
AzB Silver Member

09-28-2019, 11:05 AM

No, I'm not Frank Almanza. Yes, I can play pool. Take notice of 'xradarx'. I play between the 'x'es. Center of object ball to center of the pocket. Don't give one damn about the size of the pockets. Just arguing to be arguing. Will play nice if treated likewise. xradarx

Last edited by xradarx; 09-28-2019 at 12:17 PM.

Old
  (#838)
JazzyJeff87
AzB Plutonium Member
JazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond reputeJazzyJeff87 has a reputation beyond repute

09-28-2019, 11:16 AM

Quote:
No, I'm not Frank Almanza. Yes, I can play pool. Take notice of 'xradarx'. I play between the 'x'es. Center of object ball to center of the pocket. Don't give one damn about the size of the pockets. Just arguing to be arguing. Will play nice if treated likewise. xradarx
Nah you dont get to be reasonable now, youre branded...enemy of the state. Im going to go get some chipotle for breakfast and think on your hypocrisy. Then I will try to break my juggling record in 1 minute.

Love for all

Old
  (#839)
xradarx
AzB Silver Member

09-28-2019, 11:32 AM

Branded? OK by me. Enemy of deep JS626 state, Ayeh. Hypocrisy? You sure have a lot of room to talk about hypocrisy. Have at it! You have the floorum.

Last edited by xradarx; 09-28-2019 at 11:56 AM. Reason: nothing ventured nothing gained

Old
  (#840)
skogstokig
AzB Silver Member
skogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond repute

09-28-2019, 12:24 PM

Quote:
more like frank costanza

Page 56 of 97 « First 646545556 575866 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: