Old
  (#991)
pt109
WO double hemlock

pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

10-06-2019, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfigueroa View Post
Obviously not Danny, but a couple of thoughts.

First: how many potty breaks does a guy really need during a run? He's wearing a glove so he doesn't even need to go to wash his hands.

Second: buy any kind of PPV and there is "dead air" so that's totally bogus. Guys take bathroom and/or smoke breaks and the camera is still rolling focused on the table. So there's no good reason, especially if this is going to be a PPV, why "dead air" should be an issue.

Third: last time I checked the Pope didn't have any pool players up for sainthood. Now just recently, we've all read about how even the great Bata Reyes sharks his opponents. So why wouldn't you want to double check JS?

Fourth: This isn't just another run we're talking about. It is a claim to the longest run in pool history and as such demands the highest level of scrutiny.

And Fifth: if there ain't no problem with the run, and it's PPV -- where fitting it onto a DVD is not an issue -- put it all up unless you have something to hide. Shut us all up and show us all that it really was a great "clean" run.

Lou Figueroa
Hereís what I like to find for watching snooker matches...after they go to YouTube.
...known as short form....I donít need to see an empty table or refs racking.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7KyPYkEfzME

I hope JS eliminates bathroom breaks and cue chalking.
...I donít think JS can satisfy his detractors...and I donít think he should try....
...ícause they wonít be satisfied.

I would like some good commentary though.

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#992)
jasonlaus
Rep for Smorg
jasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond repute

10-06-2019, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Harriman View Post
Your one of the nobody's that Lou was referring to.I am sure if I follow yer advice I'll end up a nobody reject coward spy. Why would u think I post at the library? Are u and yer 911 reject coward teem watching me? Maybe u gained some financial benefit from that facial recognition co after 911 - Good luck with that, those who pay too much attention to others are surely doing so - cause they have no life of their own eh deanoc. This is an open forum - i will convey my thoughts how I wish about mr.schmidt. If u have a problem with it then deal with it, if u think I listen to nobody coward spies - such as u - yer sadly mistaken. Oh if I see u at the library - or 1 of yer reject coward spies - I'm sure u will just keep hiding. If hawks of truth make u nervous then run for shelter deanoc.
Somebody seriously needs to have a look in your basement.

Old
  (#993)
wayne
AzB Silver Member
wayne has a reputation beyond reputewayne has a reputation beyond reputewayne has a reputation beyond reputewayne has a reputation beyond reputewayne has a reputation beyond reputewayne has a reputation beyond reputewayne has a reputation beyond reputewayne has a reputation beyond reputewayne has a reputation beyond reputewayne has a reputation beyond reputewayne has a reputation beyond repute

10-06-2019, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne View Post
Requirements for John Schmidt's run:

A Signed Affidavit.
Video.
Forensic analysis of video.
No possible foul.
When, where and how was cueball picked up.
Were the balls polished if so when.
How did the table play.
Did the end of the table he played on give him an advantage.
Did the pockets have an unusual drop.
Did the Sardo Rack help.
If a rag was used to wipe ball did the rag have anything on it.
Who racked the balls.
Were the balls racked correctly.
Was BCA certification legitimate
Did the BCA receive an unedited tape
ETC. ETC.

Requirement for Willie Mosconi's run:

A Signed Affidavit.
A few recent additional requirements to add for John's run.

Thanks to Danny (I don't hate John) Harriman, and Lou (John and I are good, he apologized to me) "Rambo" Figueroa.

Are top players being compensated to say things on John's behalf?
How many potty breaks did John take?
Is there any dead air in the video?
Has John been double checked cause he is not a saint?
This demands the highest level of scrutiny.

Still only one single requirement for Willie's run = A Signed Affidavit

Old
  (#994)
lfigueroa
AzB Silver Member
lfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond repute

10-07-2019, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pt109 View Post
Here’s what I like to find for watching snooker matches...after they go to YouTube.
...known as short form....I don’t need to see an empty table or refs racking.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7KyPYkEfzME

I hope JS eliminates bathroom breaks and cue chalking.
...I don’t think JS can satisfy his detractors...and I don’t think he should try....
...’cause they won’t be satisfied.

I would like some good commentary though.

I don't think your comment is true at all.

If it's a good run it's a good run. I've seen plenty of them going back to Crane's 150 and out against Balsis, to Robles' run of 148 or 149 at the US Open in NYC in 2000. You see something like that you applaud it, end of story. I don't see how anyone could have a problem with offering congratulations after seeing the whole thing. The only thing that's unlikely to happen is release of an unedited run, so we probably will never know.

Lou Figueroa

Old
  (#995)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)
ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

10-07-2019, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
I really doubt that those involved in pulling the video together for release care even a little about how fast a few disgruntled players think it should be released.

Maybe they are pulling together some bonus content of historically significant chalk flicking episodes.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
How dare you sir. The pool nobodies have spoken. Who cares if the BCA saw the unedited version and confirmed it's the new record, if a pool nobody has not seen it, it doesn't count. Though, it is fun watching them squirm as if their opinion counts for anything on this subject. It's the record, its' over, end of story.

I'm sure there were the same goofs and idiots that argued about Moscoini's record run at the time... hey, the table was this, the balls were that, it was not a regulation match, blah, blah, blah. Yep, even the pool nobodies back then had no affect on the outcome.

I mean, they say Trump won the last election, but I never saw the actual ballots, and until I do, I say FDR is still the guy to beat lol

RUSSIAN Magic Chalk - "The Best Chalk of the World"

TZAR Tips now available.

"I have been playing pool for 60 years and started using Kamui about four years ago. I tried Magic Chalk several months ago and will use it from now on" - jrhendy - Noted Player and Gambler

Baltic BLUE & Chernobyl GREEN

Check us out in "For Sale" section on AZB

ChicagoRJ, the Minister of Truth and Magic Chalk. - WGDave

Old
  (#996)
Bob Jewett
Northern California

Bob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

10-07-2019, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRJ View Post
... I'm sure there were the same goofs and idiots that argued about Moscoini's record run at the time... hey, the table was this, the balls were that, it was not a regulation match, blah, blah, blah. Yep, even the pool nobodies back then had no affect on the outcome. ...
Maybe like this?

Name:  PandBJune1997.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  141.4 KB

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#997)
pt109
WO double hemlock

pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

10-07-2019, 07:02 AM

Quote:
I don't think your comment is true at all.

If it's a good run it's a good run. I've seen plenty of them going back to Crane's 150 and out against Balsis, to Robles' run of 148 or 149 at the US Open in NYC in 2000. You see something like that you applaud it, end of story. I don't see how anyone could have a problem with offering congratulations after seeing the whole thing. The only thing that's unlikely to happen is release of an unedited run, so we probably will never know.

Lou Figueroa
Not sure what you mean by ďtrue commentĒ...are you saying thatís not how I feel?

I feel a small minority are judging JS to be guilty until he proves himself innocent.
...youíve been one of them for years
You started years ago by accusing him of cleaning the balls.

Years ago, I was doing one of my rare practise sessions with another player...
...we were going to play in a snooker tournament overseas.....we couldnít get anything going.
....I told him to take a coffee break...I vacuumed the table and put the balls through the
ball cleaner....we started knocking out games in one run.

I donít think itís unethical to want clean conditions...letting the balls and cloth get dirty
does not make you a better person.

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#998)
lfigueroa
AzB Silver Member
lfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond repute

10-07-2019, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pt109 View Post
Not sure what you mean by ďtrue commentĒ...are you saying thatís not how I feel?

I feel a small minority are judging JS to be guilty until he proves himself innocent.
...youíve been one of them for years
You started years ago by accusing him of cleaning the balls.

Years ago, I was doing one of my rare practise sessions with another player...
...we were going to play in a snooker tournament overseas.....we couldnít get anything going.
....I told him to take a coffee break...I vacuumed the table and put the balls through the
ball cleaner....we started knocking out games in one run.

I donít think itís unethical to want clean conditions...letting the balls and cloth get dirty
does not make you a better person.

"..I donít think JS can satisfy his detractors...and I donít think he should try....
...ícause they wonít be satisfied."

Lou Figueroa

Old
  (#999)
lfigueroa
AzB Silver Member

10-07-2019, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Jewett View Post
Maybe like this?

Attachment 531461

First paragraph: "I've heard..."

Lou Figueroa

Old
  (#1000)
TX Poolnut
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
TX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond repute

10-07-2019, 07:51 AM

Post #1000!! Yah! We did it guys!

both versions
Old
  (#1001)
ShootingArts
Smorg is giving the 7!
ShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

both versions - 10-07-2019, 07:57 AM

The cost of storage space and DVD disks is so cheap today that the extra cost of putting both versions out, the edited version with voice over and the raw unedited version, can easily be added to the price of a single version. Of course he could market them separately too.

I think it is already too late to market the video(s) for best commercial success but we will see how it goes I suspect.

Hu

Old
  (#1002)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
10-07-2019, 08:03 AM

Quote:
First paragraph: "I've heard..."

Lou Figueroa
Preceding that...Bob did say 'LIKE'.

Claim otherwise all you want, bit there were certainly questioners or even non-believers, re: 526.

Claim otherwise all you want, but there is clearly no evidence that will change everyone's position on the 626.

Old
  (#1003)
lfigueroa
AzB Silver Member

10-07-2019, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Balled View Post
Preceding that...Bob did say 'LIKE'.

Claim otherwise all you want, bit there were certainly questioners or even non-believers, re: 526.

Claim otherwise all you want, but there is clearly no evidence that will change everyone's position on the 626.

Absolutely not so ó we have video :-)

Lou Figueroa
redacted perhaps, lol

one possibility
Old
  (#1004)
Danny Harriman
One of the best in 14.1
Danny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond repute

one possibility - 10-07-2019, 10:48 AM

Of course this is just one possible reason for their fake news. A cue company (from overseas) tells John they will give him a solid sponsorship if he can break Mosconi's 526 record on camera. John gets his little fan base pumped up - gives it his best effort but due to a couple bad kicks (skid's) comes up short. So the overseas cue company decides to give him the sponsorship anyway and they decide to see what they can get away with :-0. I have been in the middle of many 150+ run's and accidentally bumped a ball with my hand or cue, I then just started over. I always have considered moving ball's around inadvertently with my cue or hand to be a serious foul (when I was trying to surpass Willie's record in practice on camera) - I guess they don't - imagine that. Also what is this story bout him racking at one end of the table and then the other (switching sides)? All of this including what jazzyjeff tries to shmooz over = phony fake doctored video in the making - that they have yet to produce. I really think they are hoping their phony claim will just get swept under the rug. Surprise, Surprise (as Jim Neighbors would say) there are still a few hawks of truth out there. The rodents of fake news are out in the open field / forum.

My record against John in major Straight Pool competition is good and I have 200+ in practice more than 50 times on a table that was not doctored (sanded slate at corner pockets) like his four hundred there in Virginia. Remember - honest folk - when big business's have a product they are trying to push - they will try hard to make it look like their product is the best - sometimes they get 'carried away' (Hawk of Truth' nest). :-) They don't squirm up there for very long. ssl - but relevent.

Last edited by Danny Harriman; 10-07-2019 at 11:20 AM.

Old
  (#1005)
jasonlaus
Rep for Smorg
jasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond repute

10-07-2019, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Harriman View Post
Of course this is just one possible reason for their fake news. A cue company (from overseas) tells John they will give him a solid sponsorship if he can break Mosconi's 526 record on camera. John gets his little fan base pumped up - gives it his best effort but due to a couple bad kicks (skid's) comes up short. So the overseas cue company decides to give him the sponsorship anyway and they decide to see what they can get away with :-0. Also I have been in the middle of many 150+ run's and accidentally bumped a ball with my hand or cue, I then just started over. I always have considered moving ball's around inadvertently with my cue or hand to be a serious foul and whats this bout him racking at one end of the table and then the other (switching sides). All of this including what jazzyjeff tries to shmooz over = phony fake doctored video in the making. Just some truth while we wait on their video chopped - if they ever even produce. I really think they are hoping their phony claim will just get swept under the rug. Surprise, Surprise (as Jim Neighbors would say) there are still a few hawks of truth out there.
You become more insane with every post Flash.

Page 67 of 97 « First 1757656667 686977 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: