Anti-Fatigue Mats Game Changer

maxeypad2007

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I recently played for a number of hours on a table with anti-fatigue mats in the playing area.

What a difference in terms of how you feel after many hours of play. Given it may not look the best but for marathons it makes a big difference and is a nice upgrade for anybody with back or knee problems with very little cost.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I recently played for a number of hours on a table with anti-fatigue mats in the playing area.

What a difference in terms of how you feel after many hours of play. Given it may not look the best but for marathons it makes a big difference and is a nice upgrade for anybody with back or knee problems with very little cost.
Gotta link to their source??

sbpoolleague

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A good quality anti-fatigue mat costs between $10-$11 per square foot. Depending on the table size you are looking at between 150 and 200 sq ft if you want a seamless mat surrounding the table. Definitely a $1K-$2K investment. But if I had a home table and extra money to burn, I would do it.

Johnson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got an anti fatigue mat for working in the garage more so with colder weather and instead of lower back issues I got annoying upper/middle back issues from the mat itself when I've never had anything but lower back issues. If you want something with memory foam look into buying some Skechers Go Walk 3 Gogamat shoes, just search for "Skechers 53980". These are the same thing as a thick mat but much more affordable/practical, very spongy and comfortable too.

mattb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anti Fatigue Mats

I got the cheaper ones from Harbor freight and put them all around my table to fight the effects of the concrete floor. I have to say, the work wonders for your back.

https://www.harborfreight.com/4-piece-anti-fatigue-foam-mat-set-94635.html

The best thing is you can buy a few at a time and add on as you go to help with sticker shock. I probably spent somewhere in the neighborhood of $100 or so with coupons i am always getting.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
I got an anti fatigue mat for working in the garage more so with colder weather and instead of lower back issues I got annoying upper/middle back issues from the mat itself when I've never had anything but lower back issues. If you want something with memory foam look into buying some Skechers Go Walk 3 Gogamat shoes, just search for "Skechers 53980". These are the same thing as a thick mat but much more affordable/practical, very spongy and comfortable too.

I was looking to see how far back the “last page went” and it isn’t that far, I guess threads get archived or something but I figured I’d bump this because these shoes look awesome. I just ordered a pair and will report.

I’m a stander, at work I have a stand up desk thats always up, at home I play pool mostly but even when I eat or watch TV I am still standing and swaying back and forth so my feet take a beating. Comfy pool shoes might make long term, locked in play even better and more mesmerizing.

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can promise you these mats are the nuts when you're running 75 miles offshore in a 32' SeaVee in a pissy swell. Never really thought about putting them around the table. Great idea.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Just buy one mat, and make moving it part of your pre-shot routine!

:)

I'm occasionally on a concrete factory floor all day. A decent pair of gel insoles inside a decent pair of shoes is as good as a mat and a lot more cost effective (and portable). As an added benefit, you keep the advantage to yourself instead of giving it to your opponent as well. My home room has wood flooring, not as bad as concrete but easily manageable with decent footwear.
108ab97beaf8bbbba2743fd88013d98d.jpg

Last edited:

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
I have them for my 10ft carom table
Got the idea from a member here
Good priced at harbor freight

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm occasionally on a concrete factory floor all day. A decent pair of gel insoles inside a decent pair of shoes is as good as a mat and a lot more cost effective (and portable). As an added benefit, you keep the advantage to yourself instead of giving it to your opponent as well. My home room has wood flooring, not as bad as concrete but easily manageable with decent footwear.
108ab97beaf8bbbba2743fd88013d98d.jpg

You are winning. That’s a great set up you have there. Enjoy