Darren's Cue-throwing technique vs. Rodney's

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
They probably could have beaten us with a telephone poles, and that's really not to take anything away from the US team (though they didn't play well). Europe was firing on all cylinders and playing world class pool.

Telephone poles are only used in call shots.

1 Pocket Ghost

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I feel like Darren had a much better pre-throw technique as opposed to Rodney. He also used more aggression whereas Rodney looked timid and gentle. Rodney does have the upper hand by throwing a total of 2 cues.

Darren also used 2 hands to throw whereas Rodney used 1 hand to lay them down.

Please discuss.

Darren also rules when it comes to ball-throwing...he flung a beauty 3 years ago at the DCC after he lost his match playing on the TV table - the ball bounced off the table at ballistic speed and into the crowd :eek: coulda hurt somebody in the stands, and he got no punishment from the tournament directors for it :rolleyes:...I don't know if there's video of it or not.

- Ghost

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I feel like Darren had a much better pre-throw technique as opposed to Rodney. He also used more aggression whereas Rodney looked timid and gentle. Rodney does have the upper hand by throwing a total of 2 cues.

Darren also used 2 hands to throw whereas Rodney used 1 hand to lay them down.

Please discuss.
Darren should watch his latest MC throw a few times. It was perfect,he seems to get a much better hit on the floor with the butt in his right hand & shaft in his left !!! LOL

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Darren should watch his latest MC throw a few times. It was perfect,he seems to get a much better hit on the floor with the butt in his right hand & shaft in his left !!! LOL

When Daz buys a cue....he's always concerned about how it throws....:cool: