Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Whatever Happened to These Guys?
Page 7 of 10 « First 567 89 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#91)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
08-10-2018, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyvirginiaguy View Post
Like Jay said, are you sure you are not speaking of Sam Monday? He is from NC.

I Knew Pete too, back many moons ago.
Given the age/ era differences between Pete and sam... i gotta think mike/ sam Monday are different people.

Last I heard, sammy was a guest of the state.

Old
  (#92)
flyvirginiaguy
Classic Cue Lover
flyvirginiaguy has a reputation beyond reputeflyvirginiaguy has a reputation beyond reputeflyvirginiaguy has a reputation beyond reputeflyvirginiaguy has a reputation beyond reputeflyvirginiaguy has a reputation beyond reputeflyvirginiaguy has a reputation beyond reputeflyvirginiaguy has a reputation beyond reputeflyvirginiaguy has a reputation beyond reputeflyvirginiaguy has a reputation beyond reputeflyvirginiaguy has a reputation beyond reputeflyvirginiaguy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 600
  Send a message via Yahoo to flyvirginiaguy  
08-14-2018, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Balled View Post
Given the age/ era differences between Pete and sam... i gotta think mike/ sam Monday are different people.

Last I heard, sammy was a guest of the state.
True. Thou Sam I believe is a couple years older than me, and I remember Pete very well. I was around 14-15 when Pete was making his way through our towns. He seemed to always have picked up a cue or two along his way, and would try selling them off.

I did not know the 2nd part. But nothing comes as a shock .

"George was a genuine craftsman who excelled in the "state of the art" of making cues"
Gus Szamboti

Old
  (#93)
Badbeat13
AzB Silver Member
Badbeat13 has a reputation beyond reputeBadbeat13 has a reputation beyond reputeBadbeat13 has a reputation beyond reputeBadbeat13 has a reputation beyond reputeBadbeat13 has a reputation beyond reputeBadbeat13 has a reputation beyond reputeBadbeat13 has a reputation beyond reputeBadbeat13 has a reputation beyond reputeBadbeat13 has a reputation beyond reputeBadbeat13 has a reputation beyond reputeBadbeat13 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

08-18-2018, 01:57 AM

Anyone know if Johnny Furber is still around? He's
out of the Gainesville, Fl area. Pure hustler.....and
could play, too.

Jerry Knoxville

Also known as Cod Lock and First Lt.of the world famous Lock Society.

Old
  (#94)
Racky BallBoa
AzB Bronze Member
Racky BallBoa has a reputation beyond reputeRacky BallBoa has a reputation beyond reputeRacky BallBoa has a reputation beyond reputeRacky BallBoa has a reputation beyond reputeRacky BallBoa has a reputation beyond reputeRacky BallBoa has a reputation beyond reputeRacky BallBoa has a reputation beyond reputeRacky BallBoa has a reputation beyond reputeRacky BallBoa has a reputation beyond reputeRacky BallBoa has a reputation beyond reputeRacky BallBoa has a reputation beyond repute

08-18-2018, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pt109 View Post
Preacher...Don Feeney....I heard he moved to Florida
Don Feeney lives in retirement community called The Villages in Central Florida. He is the "Founding Father" of "The Villages Billiard Club" which coordinates leagues and tournaments every day of the week for the The Villages' residents. Also, Bert Kinister recently moved to the The Villages in Florida as well.

Old
  (#95)
pokerplayer
AzB Bronze Member
pokerplayer is on a distinguished road

08-18-2018, 07:43 PM

I knew a player from Detroit that liked to use the name Mike Monday. His real name was Freddie Hess. Not sure what ever happen to him.

Old
  (#96)
pt109
WO double hemlock

pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

08-18-2018, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racky BallBoa View Post
Don Feeney lives in retirement community called The Villages in Central Florida. He is the "Founding Father" of "The Villages Billiard Club" which coordinates leagues and tournaments every day of the week for the The Villages' residents. Also, Bert Kinister recently moved to the The Villages in Florida as well.
Iím glad to hear that Don Feeney is all right.

He did something at Chrisí in Chicago that deserves mention once in a while.

He ran over a hundred on a 6x12 snooker table
He ran 150 at straight pool on a 9- foot pool table
He ran over ten (I think it was 14) on a ten foot carom table

All on the same day

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#97)
jay helfert
Shoot Pool, not people
jay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond repute

08-18-2018, 09:23 PM

Quote:

All on the same day

Tap Tap! He might be the only person to ever do that on the same day. Harold Worst is the only other person I can think of who may have been capable of that, but I doubt he ever attempted it.

http://www.jayhelfert.com/ to order More Pool Wars

Old
  (#98)
pooljockey
AzB Silver Member
pooljockey has a reputation beyond reputepooljockey has a reputation beyond reputepooljockey has a reputation beyond reputepooljockey has a reputation beyond reputepooljockey has a reputation beyond reputepooljockey has a reputation beyond reputepooljockey has a reputation beyond reputepooljockey has a reputation beyond reputepooljockey has a reputation beyond reputepooljockey has a reputation beyond reputepooljockey has a reputation beyond repute

08-18-2018, 10:05 PM

Johnny furber is still in Gainesville hustling the local auctions and wheeling dealing in the junk buisness and on ocassion still hits the local pool halls around Gainesville and Ocala Florida for some cheap one pocket action

Old
  (#99)
Badbeat13
AzB Silver Member
Badbeat13 has a reputation beyond reputeBadbeat13 has a reputation beyond reputeBadbeat13 has a reputation beyond reputeBadbeat13 has a reputation beyond reputeBadbeat13 has a reputation beyond reputeBadbeat13 has a reputation beyond reputeBadbeat13 has a reputation beyond reputeBadbeat13 has a reputation beyond reputeBadbeat13 has a reputation beyond reputeBadbeat13 has a reputation beyond reputeBadbeat13 has a reputation beyond repute

09-01-2018, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooljockey View Post
Johnny furber is still in Gainesville hustling the local auctions and wheeling dealing in the junk buisness and on ocassion still hits the local pool halls around Gainesville and Ocala Florida for some cheap one pocket action
Thanks....glad to hear it, I like that dude.

Jerry Knoxville

Also known as Cod Lock and First Lt.of the world famous Lock Society.

Old
  (#100)
chefjeff
No sides, only players
chefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond repute

09-23-2018, 07:38 AM

Quote:

All on the same day

He ran over all those????

Did they take away his license to drive?

Jeff Livingston

Old
  (#101)
pt109
WO double hemlock

pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

09-23-2018, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefjeff View Post
He ran over all those????

Did they take away his license to drive?

Jeff Livingston
The only thing that ranneth over that day was his cup.
...and I just found out that the 3-cushion run was 18...not 14
....and his straight pool run was 152

Here is Don Feeneyís picture....
...it might explain why his pool hall moniker is ďThe PreacherĒ

Name:  7FDC4897-C22A-426B-A1D1-9EB00CE09427.jpg
Views: 382
Size:  74.2 KB

...and why his cup was subject to runneth over.

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#102)
gypsy_soul
AzB Silver Member
gypsy_soul has a reputation beyond reputegypsy_soul has a reputation beyond reputegypsy_soul has a reputation beyond reputegypsy_soul has a reputation beyond reputegypsy_soul has a reputation beyond reputegypsy_soul has a reputation beyond reputegypsy_soul has a reputation beyond reputegypsy_soul has a reputation beyond reputegypsy_soul has a reputation beyond reputegypsy_soul has a reputation beyond reputegypsy_soul has a reputation beyond repute

09-23-2018, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM View Post
Sadly, Walter Glass passed away, I think 3 years or more ago.

The last U.S. Open he attended was in 2004, as shown in the bottom left picture on this page: http://www.hometown.aol.com/khmccrea...OPENPAGE2.html

Bob Ogburn is still around and actually posted on this forum a few times. He likes to fly under the radar, mainly down South.

Tony Mougey attends many events near Ohio.

Keith Bennett was an active competitor on the IPT qualifier tournament trail. I think he still is active in other events as well.

Actually, Tony, Keith bennett, and Water's picture are all on that picture page link.

I've got a picture of Bob Ogburn somewhere. I will post it if I can find it.

JAM
I played a guy named Walt in Las Vegas last summer and they said it was Walter Glass . I'm not sure but hope it was him 👍🏻

Old
  (#103)
Nostroke
AzB Silver Member

Nostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 10475
  Send a message via MSN to Nostroke  
09-23-2018, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsy_soul View Post
I played a guy named Walt in Las Vegas last summer and they said it was Walter Glass . I'm not sure but hope it was him 👍🏻
He turned out to be undead!

Old
  (#104)
1 Pocket Ghost
AzB Silver Member
1 Pocket Ghost has a reputation beyond repute1 Pocket Ghost has a reputation beyond repute1 Pocket Ghost has a reputation beyond repute1 Pocket Ghost has a reputation beyond repute1 Pocket Ghost has a reputation beyond repute1 Pocket Ghost has a reputation beyond repute1 Pocket Ghost has a reputation beyond repute1 Pocket Ghost has a reputation beyond repute1 Pocket Ghost has a reputation beyond repute1 Pocket Ghost has a reputation beyond repute1 Pocket Ghost has a reputation beyond repute

09-24-2018, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbeat13 View Post
Thanks....glad to hear it, I like that dude.
17 yrs. ago, to escape the northern winter, I spent Nov.- March traveling/playing pool all through Florida, top to bottom - Miami to Tallahassee...had a great time...

Stayed in Ocala at one point for a coupla weeks and ran into Johnny Furber there at the poolroom on the town square, up on the second floor (I forget the name of it) and we played some one pocket - he played pretty good...he was a real character and I enjoyed my time with him.

- Ghost

Last edited by 1 Pocket Ghost; 09-24-2018 at 03:12 PM.

Old
  (#105)
Flats
AzB Silver Member
Flats has a reputation beyond reputeFlats has a reputation beyond reputeFlats has a reputation beyond reputeFlats has a reputation beyond reputeFlats has a reputation beyond reputeFlats has a reputation beyond reputeFlats has a reputation beyond reputeFlats has a reputation beyond reputeFlats has a reputation beyond reputeFlats has a reputation beyond reputeFlats has a reputation beyond repute

09-24-2018, 04:26 PM

Billy Bo Jangles?

Page 7 of 10 « First 567 89 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: