Reload this Page gloves for small hands
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
gloves for small hands
Old
  (#1)
Protractor
AzB Bronze Member
Protractor has a reputation beyond reputeProtractor has a reputation beyond reputeProtractor has a reputation beyond reputeProtractor has a reputation beyond reputeProtractor has a reputation beyond reputeProtractor has a reputation beyond reputeProtractor has a reputation beyond reputeProtractor has a reputation beyond reputeProtractor has a reputation beyond reputeProtractor has a reputation beyond reputeProtractor has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

gloves for small hands - 05-09-2019, 06:51 AM

I did a search of the forums and didn't find anything on this so here goes...

My gal pal loves to shoot pool but has a heck of a time finding gloves to fit. She has very small hands and says that she has to try to look for kid's gloves to get something that is not a sloppy fit. I have not seen youth/kids gloves so I'm not sure where she might have seen those.

Obviously the one-size-fits-all stretchy ones don't work for her and I suspect her best bet would be made to size gloves in an Asian sizing.

Has anyone else dealt with this situation? Anybody know of a brand/make/model of gloves that are undersized?

I will of course now go haunt the web looking for these but thought I would check here first...

Thanks.

"He's a great shotmaker, but he has to be. He's always shooting himself out of trouble." - from "Willie Mosconi on Pocket Billiards"

Old
  (#2)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

05-09-2019, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protractor View Post

My gal pal loves to shoot pool but has a heck of a time finding gloves to fit. She has very small hands and says that she has to try to look for kid's gloves to get something that is not a sloppy fit. I have not seen youth/kids gloves so I'm not sure where she might have seen those.

Obviously the one-size-fits-all stretchy ones don't work for her and I suspect her best bet would be made to size gloves in an Asian sizing.

Has anyone else dealt with this situation? Anybody know of a brand/make/model of gloves that are undersized?

I will of course now go haunt the web looking for these but thought I would check here first...

Thanks.
Might try these: https://www.pooldawg.com/unglove-fin...illiard-gloves Or these. They are bit nicer: http://www.cuezctc.com/pb/wp_f4252fcd/wp_f4252fcd.html

Old
  (#3)
8cree
AzB Bronze Member
8cree has a reputation beyond repute8cree has a reputation beyond repute8cree has a reputation beyond repute8cree has a reputation beyond repute8cree has a reputation beyond repute8cree has a reputation beyond repute8cree has a reputation beyond repute8cree has a reputation beyond repute8cree has a reputation beyond repute8cree has a reputation beyond repute8cree has a reputation beyond repute

05-09-2019, 08:04 AM

I bought my better half the "small/medium" Predator brand glove at the Open. It fits her small hand pretty well.

... you win some, you lose some, but nothing beats getting some!

Old
  (#4)
TEAM SLO
AzB Silver Member
TEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond repute

05-10-2019, 10:56 AM

My son started with an xs kamui glove and now at 9 years old uses a small

Old
  (#5)
Pete
AzB Silver Member
Pete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond repute

05-10-2019, 11:05 AM

Barracuda gloves I think have small sizes (I know a infamous female who loves them on facebook)...

Old
  (#6)
Protractor
AzB Bronze Member
Protractor has a reputation beyond reputeProtractor has a reputation beyond reputeProtractor has a reputation beyond reputeProtractor has a reputation beyond reputeProtractor has a reputation beyond reputeProtractor has a reputation beyond reputeProtractor has a reputation beyond reputeProtractor has a reputation beyond reputeProtractor has a reputation beyond reputeProtractor has a reputation beyond reputeProtractor has a reputation beyond repute

05-14-2019, 05:32 AM

Thanks for the info. Kamui x-small are hard to find, ordered a pink one from Pooldawg.

"He's a great shotmaker, but he has to be. He's always shooting himself out of trouble." - from "Willie Mosconi on Pocket Billiards"

Old
  (#7)
BC21
Poolology

BC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond repute

05-14-2019, 06:18 AM

I've found the Mezz gloves are super tight, made small. I ordered the XL and it's still too small, like a small size with any other brand.

POOLOLOGY
YouTube
Brian Crist

Old
  (#8)
RichSchultz
AzB Silver Member
RichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond repute

05-14-2019, 06:37 AM

Barracuda are one size fits all.

Old
  (#9)
Protractor
AzB Bronze Member

05-14-2019, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichSchultz View Post
Barracuda are one size fits all.
Her hands are so small she has to shop for children's gloves. I wear the Felice one size fits all and they are baggy on her, but I'll check out Mezz.

Old
  (#10)
arnaldo
AzB Silver Member
arnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond repute

05-14-2019, 12:29 PM

If you soak any extra-small billiards glove in a sink, in very hot water, (for about 20 minutes at a time) -- over several soaking/drying sessions -- it will soon shrink to where it fits a tinier hand perfectly. Test the fit after each drying session. A few lady acquaintances of mine with tiny hands follow that process with any new extra-small playing gloves they buy.

Then for future washings of the gloves, they just sink-wash in a half-full vanity sink of lukewarm water with a small capful of Woolite mixed in.

Arnaldo

“When the action starts, it may not go the way you planned, and you’re down to your reflexes. That’s where your roadwork shows . . . If you cheated on that in the dark of the morning, well, you’re gonna get found out now, under the bright lights.” – Joe “Smokin’ Joe” Frazier

Last edited by arnaldo; 05-14-2019 at 03:49 PM.

Old
  (#11)
JessEm
AzB Silver Member
JessEm has a reputation beyond reputeJessEm has a reputation beyond reputeJessEm has a reputation beyond reputeJessEm has a reputation beyond reputeJessEm has a reputation beyond reputeJessEm has a reputation beyond reputeJessEm has a reputation beyond reputeJessEm has a reputation beyond reputeJessEm has a reputation beyond reputeJessEm has a reputation beyond reputeJessEm has a reputation beyond repute

05-15-2019, 05:42 AM

I'm surprised... All these posts and nobody has mentioned small hands make the cue look bigger.

Credit to the mature, helpful members here at Azb.

Tad Lofstrom custom
Samsara Jump/Break
vintage Brunswick by Schmelke

Old
  (#12)
Protractor
AzB Bronze Member

05-15-2019, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessEm View Post
I'm surprised... All these posts and nobody has mentioned small hands make the cue look bigger.

Credit to the mature, helpful members here at Azb.

Since you brought it up, she has said that/something like that, to me

Old
  (#13)
Protractor
AzB Bronze Member

05-17-2019, 11:03 AM

Well, the verdict is in, the Kamui x-small fit her perfectly and she is stoked.

It was a little tricky to find one though, only PoolDawg and the Kamui website seemed to have them.

Another thing to note is that the x-small size Kamui is only available in pink and is a limited edition run (profits go to breast cancer research) that will no longer be available after the supply is exhausted. The other colors of Kamui gloves are not made in x-small for some reason.

Old
  (#14)
TEAM SLO
AzB Silver Member
TEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond repute

05-17-2019, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Well, the verdict is in, the Kamui x-small fit her perfectly and she is stoked.

It was a little tricky to find one though, only PoolDawg and the Kamui website seemed to have them.

Another thing to note is that the x-small size Kamui is only available in pink and is a limited edition run (profits go to breast cancer research) that will no longer be available after the supply is exhausted. The other colors of Kamui gloves are not made in x-small for some reason.
Let me know if you ever want other colors. Kamui made one for my son and recently mentioned they are for sale. If you decide on another color, I can check on it for you.

Old
  (#15)
ChrisinNC
AzB Silver Member
ChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond repute

05-18-2019, 05:08 AM

Quote:

Thanks.
I'd recommend a Finger Wrap, sold on Seyberts. One size fits all, and they fit very snug when new - regardless of the size hands/fingers the user has. They gradually stretch out a little bit over usage, but if she only uses them herself and doesn't allow anyone with bigger/thicker fingers to use hers, it should easily last a 3-4 months even for someone who plays virtually every day. I switched from gloves to Finger Wraps a few years ago, and I love them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: