Most underrated cuemakers?

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
is any cue maker really underrated?
except for those that produce warped cues or basically steal a cue or money from someone

whats the difference

Sealegs50

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Taking underrated to mean best performance for price, of the cuemakers whose cues I have tried:

Jeff Olney
Jack Madden

But it is hard to justify that a waiting list as long as Jeff Olney's represents any form of being underrated.

While the prices are a bit higher, the Jules Patterson's EDC cue I tried was great. Easy to see how it would be someone's Every Day Carry.

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
is any cue maker really underrated?
except for those that produce warped cues or basically steal a cue or money from someone

whats the difference
Under-rated usually means under-publicized. There are a lot of really good cuemakers that fly under most people's radar. The guy i mentioned, Mordt, does incredibly clean work. Super nice guy as well. Doesn't take orders. He makes a batch and puts them on his FB page. They sell immediately.

Reactions: JC

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Under-rated usually means under-publicized. There are a lot of really good cuemakers that fly under most people's radar. The guy i mentioned, Mordt, does incredibly clean work. Super nice guy as well. Doesn't take orders. He makes a batch and puts them on his FB page. They sell immediately.

i feel really good about the maker i now use that i stumbled upon by accident really

my cues directly titliest conversion is machined very well, NO rolls and a hell of a quality for the price compared to others
plays really good imo, so much that its cured my cue addiction and his is all i will use

i cant say enough about davids work as well as what a swell guy he is to know

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i feel really good about the maker i now use that i stumbled upon by accident really

my cues directly titliest conversion is machined very well, NO rolls and a hell of a quality for the price compared to others
plays really good imo, so much that its cured my cue addiction and his is all i will use

i cant say enough about davids work as well as what a swell guy he is to know

He is WAY under-rated. Makes fantastic stuff at great prices.

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
I've found no better playing cues than Joey Bautista & Mike Johnson (Jensen) in all my years of buying & selling cues.

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
A lot of waves being made by Astle cues & Meyers cues on FB, as well. I have yet to hit with one so I cannot speak to their play-ability.