Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Craziest shot you ever performed
Page 4 of 5 « First 234 5

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#46)
lfigueroa
AzB Silver Member
lfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

06-11-2019, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael4 View Post
thought this story was gonna end with...... "and we have been married for 25 years"...…..

No, didn't work out that way.

Shortly thereafter I started dating my wife to be. In fact, Gail knew I would occasionally go out dancing with Lisa. And one day, after she'd moved in, Gail says, "Why don't you invite Lisa over for dinner. (Keep you friends close but your enemies closer.)

So I do and Lisa comes over in 5" heels, white ankle socks, mini-dress, low cut sweater, bright red lipstick, long lashes, and big curly hair...

That was the end of my dancing days with Lisa.

Lou Figueroa

Old
  (#47)
lfigueroa
AzB Silver Member
lfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond repute

06-11-2019, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC21 View Post
This is great!!

Thanks, BC.

Lou Figueroa

Old
  (#48)
ChrisinNC
AzB Silver Member
ChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond repute

06-11-2019, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pt109 View Post
One-pocket escape...maybe not the best...but the best this century,,,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63itJ9RCnks
So I assume he had to be getting a 1 ball spot, as the Freezer only needed one, but the game was over when there was still one ball remaining on the table? Hard to believe a guy that came up with this shot was getting a spot!

Old
  (#49)
sfvpool
AzB Silver Member
sfvpool has a reputation beyond reputesfvpool has a reputation beyond reputesfvpool has a reputation beyond reputesfvpool has a reputation beyond reputesfvpool has a reputation beyond reputesfvpool has a reputation beyond reputesfvpool has a reputation beyond reputesfvpool has a reputation beyond reputesfvpool has a reputation beyond reputesfvpool has a reputation beyond reputesfvpool has a reputation beyond repute

06-11-2019, 05:11 PM

The most amazing shot I made, under pressure, was when I was playing in Vegas at the ACS 8-ball team event. I broke and ran out all of my balls but one, and overshot shape a little, hooking myself, as in the photo (my last ball was the 5, before the 8). I called the 5 ball in the corner and made a 2 rail kick, leaving myself shape on the 8. My opponent said something like, "You couldn't do that again in a million years." He was probably right, but I didn't have to, since I just did it.

Old
  (#50)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
06-11-2019, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisinNC View Post
So I assume he had to be getting a 1 ball spot, as the Freezer only needed one, but the game was over when there was still one ball remaining on the table? Hard to believe a guy that came up with this shot was getting a spot!
Shit! It think the comments said the game was 10-4

Old
  (#51)
HawaiianEye
AzB Silver Member
HawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond repute

06-11-2019, 08:08 PM

I've shot pool for many decades, so I've made quite a few spectacular "flukes" and "I got lucky" shots over that lengthy period.

The one that I remember most and got the most "reward" out of was playing in a 14.1 tournament back in December of 1990. I was playing for the last remaining slot for a paid week-long trip to Oxford, England and time off work.

We were playing to 100 points and I was down 99-97 and it was my shot on the break ball with the other 14 balls in the fresh rack.

The break ball was about halfway off the short rail behind the rack, between the two corner pockets, and the cue ball was about a foot from it and the shot was STRAIGHT IN.

I was tired of playing "cat and mouse" since it had been a LONG game with a lot of safe plays, so I decided on a "do or die" shot.

I jacked up the butt of the cue to do a "hop" and "above center" hit on the object ball and aimed the object ball to hit as far on the inside of the pocket as I could. I was attempting to "throw" the cue ball into the back of the rack and dislodge a corner ball in order to possibly have a shot somewhere on a loose ball.

I hit the ball "perfect" and made the object ball, but the cue ball "hopped" higher than I expected. It went about 8, or so, inches in the air and came down directly on top of the 14 balls in the rack and then just sat there for a couple of seconds with all the balls in the rack remaining intact.

I was sitting there for what seemed like a long time, but it was just a couple of seconds, and I was thinking "just what in the hell is the rule on this or what am I supposed to do now?".

Then, the "miracle" happened.

The weight of the cue ball eventually caused it to come down into the rack and it pushed two balls directly in the open. One for one corner pocket and one for the other corner and the cue ball was between them...wide open.

I had just made the 98th ball and these were the only two balls I needed.

My opponent was thinking the same thing as me..."WTF was THAT?"

I made the two balls and won 100-99 and he was eliminated and I won a trip to UK for a week.

Everybody who was watching came up to me and said "that was the GREATEST shot I ever saw in my life!" and I, like Efren, said, "I just got LUCKY."

Last edited by HawaiianEye; 06-11-2019 at 08:23 PM.

Old
  (#52)
u12armresl
One Pocket back cutter
u12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond reputeu12armresl has a reputation beyond repute

06-11-2019, 09:51 PM

"and that was exactly what he was trying to do"

I've watched that shot a ton and still do not believe he was trying for anything but a good hit, maybe the 2 in the corner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pt109 View Post
Pretty decent, Bob....but I hear the second table had 5 inch pockets...

Speaking of joining the airborne, here’s one from Canada’s only 400 ball runner...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIn-ZA2R5oQ

Old
  (#53)
HawaiianEye
AzB Silver Member
HawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond repute

06-11-2019, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by u12armresl View Post
"and that was exactly what he was trying to do"

I've watched that shot a ton and still do not believe he was trying for anything but a good hit, maybe the 2 in the corner.
That was as big a "fluke" as Efren's Z-shot.

craziest z shot I have ever seen!
Old
  (#54)
ShootingArts
Smorg is giving the 7!

ShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

craziest z shot I have ever seen! - 06-11-2019, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiianEye View Post
That was as big a "fluke" as Efren's Z-shot.

It would have been worth a pretty to see the decision had the cue ball just stopped on top of the rack. Had I not been the one that shot it I think I would call a scratch, the ball wasn't on the playing surface or jammed over a pocket. If I had shot it, I might have argued a bit differently!

Thinking back, I didn't really shoot many flashy shots. A few three or four rail kicks or banks but they were harder to see than to make once seen. About as good as any to stun an opponent, he had safed me against a cluster, seemed like about twelve of the fifteen balls were at that end of the table. I had to bridge over the cluster and hit the cue ball jumping it into the side rail, then airborne to the end rail and just catch the top of the cushion for a little ways to get past my opponent's ball then drop down onto the playing surface to hit my ball and drive it a diamond or a bit more into the corner pocket.

Shots like this are pretty common playing english eight ball I believe but this was long ago and I had never seen or tried such a thing. Worked like a charm and other than a shout of disbelief silenced my opponent and the railbirds.

I was playing a youngster on a barbox when I saw the greatest Z bank I had ever seen or heard of. I had ran a few racks and decided it was time to let the other fellow swing a stick. He had a magic break working though so I didn't want him to pocket anything. I placed the cue ball about one inch off the foot rail and frozen against my ball at a slight angle fencing in the cue ball. He had to hit the foot rail with a lot of side to hit one of his balls in front of the side or far corner pocket. I figured he would get a legal hit but both pockets were solidly blocked by my balls.

There were at least ten balls still on the table and he held his stick working on angles for a couple minutes. I figured much ado about nothing, so many balls to run into if he wasn't perfect he wasn't likely to thread his way through them and I counted on the english needed to even get off the foot rail to be enough to throw off his shot. He finally shot at the fifteen ball sitting about one diamond out from the corner pocket on the head rail. Eight rail "Z" kick shot counting coming off of the foot rail and head rail with shallow kisses. The fifteen ball was hit perfectly but the cue ball was out of steam and the fifteen stayed up, jawed in the pocket.

Even with the fifteen hanging it ranks as the greatest shot I have ever seen played in a game. The young fellow called himself Johnny Archer. He acted like I should know the name. I didn't, but he sure looked like a fellow that became a lot better known in the next decade!

Hu

Old
  (#55)
Double-Dave
Developing cue-addict
Double-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond reputeDouble-Dave has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5795

06-12-2019, 01:42 AM

I play 8-ball league with a couple of guys that shoot pretty straight. One of them, arguably the straightest shooter, gets lucky quite often because the league we play isn't call-shot and he generally hits the balls pretty firm.

One time however, takes the cake by a mile. He still has 3 yellows all around the rack area and he shoots one of them, again quite firm but not blasting. He misses the intended pocket and flukes ALL 3 of his yellows in that same single shot. None of them were within a foot of a pocket.

He felt a bit unlucky since he did not have great position on the black.....

Later on that evening he was feeling a bit guilty for all his fluking and shot the 8 (the 8 is call shot) into the side real quick and missed it. It hit both points of the middle, went across the table to the short and long rail and back into the side pocket.

Playing cue: Cuechanger cocobolo
Break + jump cue: Cuechanger
Case: Sterling wave 4x8
League: NPB Superleague + Top Pool League TPL1 + DBA Topleague
Hours play: 8-10 per week

www.doubledavecues.com
www.budgetstukadoor.nl

Last edited by Double-Dave; 06-12-2019 at 11:28 AM.

Old
  (#56)
KCRack'em
I'm not argumentative!!!!
KCRack'em has a reputation beyond reputeKCRack'em has a reputation beyond reputeKCRack'em has a reputation beyond reputeKCRack'em has a reputation beyond reputeKCRack'em has a reputation beyond reputeKCRack'em has a reputation beyond reputeKCRack'em has a reputation beyond reputeKCRack'em has a reputation beyond reputeKCRack'em has a reputation beyond reputeKCRack'em has a reputation beyond reputeKCRack'em has a reputation beyond repute

06-12-2019, 08:32 AM

I came up short trying to draw the cue ball for an 8-ball leave and was blocked from hitting it or kicking at it. So I kicked away from it and used English to reverse the cue ball off the rail. I hit the 8 and banked it cross side into the center of the pocket with just enough speed to drop it. My opponent jumped off his bar stool and yelled, "Oh my god! Let me buy you a beer." We were playing partners, and my partner didn't even flinch. His excuse: "You looked confident, so I wasn't surprised when you made it."

Editor and photog by day (for my rodeo photography, see Buckaroo Photography on FB) and pool junkie by night.

Table: Wendt Company 4.5x9 Kling copy
Cues: too many!
Player: McWorter or Barnhart or EDC
Break/jump: Brick
Jump: Tony Layne
Cases: JBs: 2x5, 4x8-plus, 8x16 and Murnak 3x6

Grammar Lock

Old
  (#57)
j2pac
Marital Slow Learner.

j2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond reputej2pac has a reputation beyond repute

06-12-2019, 11:00 PM

Had to kick the cue long rail into the object ball to make an approximately 45 degree cut into the side pocket. The object ball was approximately 13 or so inches from the side.

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire - "What you are shouts so loudly in my ears, I cannot hear what you say." - R.W. Emerson -

TOMAHAWK FERRULE MATERIAL - NO CLICK, JUST BANG.

A tough 3C two and out
Old
  (#58)
mr3cushion
Regestered User
mr3cushion has a reputation beyond reputemr3cushion has a reputation beyond reputemr3cushion has a reputation beyond reputemr3cushion has a reputation beyond reputemr3cushion has a reputation beyond reputemr3cushion has a reputation beyond reputemr3cushion has a reputation beyond reputemr3cushion has a reputation beyond reputemr3cushion has a reputation beyond reputemr3cushion has a reputation beyond reputemr3cushion has a reputation beyond repute

A tough 3C two and out - 06-13-2019, 10:00 AM

In the 90's at a tournament in South Florida, I was playing a player from NYC, his name was, Sixto. Going to 50 points, we both needed 2 points. If I win the game, I win the event, if I lose I come in 2nd place to Carlos Hallon.

This is the position I faced to try and play position for 2 points!

The shot had to be hit very thin to control the 2nd ball, along with a extreme soft finesse draw to just score on the red for position. I hit it perfect as diagrammed for a easy natural off the white for the 50th point!

Name:  Tough2andout.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  53.5 KB

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"
"Good Shooting & Good Billiards"
http://mr3cushion.com/

Old
  (#59)
TEAM SLO
AzB Silver Member
TEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond reputeTEAM SLO has a reputation beyond repute

06-13-2019, 10:09 AM

My son Jin at Nationals last year did a jump shot I was really against. Well a couple through the event but he made them. No coaching so naturally I couldnt say no or just kick it.

This specific one is at 1m into the video he gets hook by the side pocket with 7 ball froze to the long rail. Jumps and makes his shot with a draw back for the combo win on this game.

2018 BEF Nationals

Old
  (#60)
sjm
Sweating the 2017 Mosconi
sjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 525

06-13-2019, 09:36 PM

OK, we're going back to the 1970's here, when players often left their cigarettes on the rails. I was not a smoker and found it annoying, but I always tolerated it.

... but once upon a time, during a ring game, I hit a shot so hard that the object ball came out of the corner pocket, went along the short rail and knocked off both of the cigarettes that had been left there. Though I didn't mention it at the time, it was a shot of which I was quite proud.

Page 4 of 5 « First 234 5

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: